Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Everything Jerryd Bayless

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The Clippers picked up Billups as a Point Guard. When they traded for Paul, (and gave up their starting SG) it made sense to slide him over to the 2.
    That said, I don't think there is anyone that could/would contend Billups has been anything but a PG through out the Prime of his career.

Just because Bayless likes (read: capable of) creating his own shot, I don't think that automatically makes him a SG by trade.
    The Billups and Paul transactions occurred within a day of each other (2 at most). I believe that LAL already knew they were going to acquire Paul. Billups was a good body to have and cheap as well as could be used either as a backup to CP or as a SG.

No dispute that Billups made his bones in the league as a PG. What I was saying was that he was really a SG who made himself into a PG but it took him about 5 years (at least no team of 4 thought he was ready to play that position until Detroit). So there are similarities to Bayless in a way. Like Billups I think Bayless believes that being a PG is his only way to being a starter...he does not have the size to defend other SGs on most nights. And he is right.

Re your last sentence, I dont know that I wrote anything to dispute that. It's definitely an asset to have at any position really and is a must for an elite SG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The Billups and Paul transactions occurred within a day of each other (2 at most). I believe that LAL already knew they were going to acquire Paul. Billups was a good body to have and cheap as well as could be used either as a backup to CP or as a SG.
    Fair point. I remember reading that they were trying to convince him to play SG as a way of prolonging his Career.

No dispute that Billups made his bones in the league as a PG. What I was saying was that he was really a SG who made himself into a PG but it took him about 5 years (at least no team of 4 thought he was ready to play that position until Detroit). So there are similarities to Bayless in a way. Like Billups I think Bayless believes that being a PG is his only way to being a starter...he does not have the size to defend other SGs on most nights. And he is right.
    Dig it. Nice post.

Re your last sentence, I dont know that I wrote anything to dispute that. It's definitely an asset to have at any position really and is a must for an elite SG.
    You didn't. Sorry, should have clarified.
    That was more just a summarization of my viewpoint.

Overall, I think we agree with eachother. Haha
    Bayless has a chance to be something very good; If he goes about it the right way.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Overall, I think we agree with eachother. Haha
    Good. Wouldn't want to get on your bad side!

Thread Information