Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I can't believe some of you would already forget Calderon after 5 good games of Bayless. For sure Bayless is a good player but he's not giving us any stability, like Calderon is able to do. But my mind already changed a bit on Bayless. Before those games, I said I wouldnt want him back next year. As for now, I say keem em both, then see. Because if we don't keep him, the only other player in free agency that could give us a bit of the same kind of play than him is Mayo and I think we should rather go with Bayless. In a team like the Raptors, the more you have talent, the best it is. So, Calderon, DeRozan, Barnes, Bargnani, Valanciunas, Bayless, Forbes, J.Johnson, A.Johnson, Davis and Gray should all be in the team for at least the beginning of next year, IMO, as for now. Sorry I know this aint the good topic
    We most definitely haven't forgotten about Calderon. He's injured, I can see why nobody is talking about him, he's not out there playing on the court.

He is a better point guard than Bayless, that's for sure.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Q: Hi Doug. Haven't been able to watch the last few games. Is Bayless playing as well as the numbers seem to indicate, or is more playing time inflating everything? Any talk among the coaches/management that he could be the answer as the starting PG after this year? Thanks, Keep up the good work.

Matt M, Winnipeg

A: He’s played quite well the last few games but no one I’ve spoken to is thinking long-term starter or anything close to that. What they think, and I agree, is that he could morph in an energy-changing combo guard off the bench; much the same as Barbosa was only younger and cheaper and with vastly superior defensive skills.
      Source: Doug Smith's blog, TheStar.com

That future prospectus is much different than the one Jerryd sees for himself.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        I can't believe some of you would already forget Calderon after 5 good games of Bayless. For sure Bayless is a good player but he's not giving us any stability, like Calderon is able to do. But my mind already changed a bit on Bayless. Before those games, I said I wouldnt want him back next year. As for now, I say keem em both, then see. Because if we don't keep him, the only other player in free agency that could give us a bit of the same kind of play than him is Mayo and I think we should rather go with Bayless. In a team like the Raptors, the more you have talent, the best it is. So, Calderon, DeRozan, Barnes, Bargnani, Valanciunas, Bayless, Forbes, J.Johnson, A.Johnson, Davis and Gray should all be in the team for at least the beginning of next year, IMO, as for now. Sorry I know this aint the good topic

not everything needs to be a controversy. it is ok to cheer for the whole team. bayless is at 5 games of great ball right now. my downloads finished and i watched the nets and memphis game. he has been playing with in himself. actually like seeing him go at the defense. could be getting way more assists if his team mates were hitting shots. but still get worried when he gets scored on. his competitiveness comes out and he wants it back instantly. has to learn the best way to prove you're better is to win the game. the only shot i see him take that i would try to get him to stop is that stupid early shot clock long 2 or 3. just a waste of a possession. i would like to see over the course of a full season whether or not that shot comes as being beneficial or harmful to the team.

keep up the good play bayless. after jose comes back he will have to put in a great effort off the bench to earn the start.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          ...I especially hate it when he decides to take the team on his shoulders and carry them to a win.
          tbihis wrote: View Post
          Sorry, im not being sarcastic or confrontational, but im unsure as to what you're insinuating here.

To me, a win is a win. No matter how ugly or pretty....
          In past games Bayless has done this and cost the Raptors games. He gets it into his head that it is on him to win games (I am speculating, because I don't really know what is in his head, but this is the way it looks to me) and then he ignores other players with better looks and take the shot himself. This does two things. It takes his team mates out of the game, so there is no opportunity for them to get back in the flow. and it puts him in a position where he takes low % shots, leading to chances for the other team to get rebounds or collect the ball off of turnovers, run down the other end of the court and score.

All of the great players seem to be able to hoist teams on their shoulders, then shoot at a high %. Bayless thinks he is that kind of player, but he isn't.

Other teams see him entering into that mindset, and they then start sagging off their man, crowding Jarred even harder. Jarred then picks up a couple of offensive fouls, and then REALLY wants to go one-on-one with the man guarding him in some kind of mano-a-mano showdown.

Having said that, I still appreciate his reformation over the last four games. He has been looking for his team mates in the first half lately. I applaud that. I hope he keeps it up. At least we all now know what he is capable of. I would not have believed it 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• See, now this criticism is much fairer and grounded. What it comes to is basically immaturity and inexperience. I think you just gotta play him now through mistakes to truly see if he can learn.

But whatever, Baysanity will be over soon. Calderon's coming back soon-apparently on Tuesday.

Comment

• Bayless being called out by SI

"@ZachLowe_SI: Is Jerryd Bayless aiming for the Andray Blatche "pile up #s in meaningless games on a bad team and get paid" strategy?"

What do you guys think? Zach Lowe have it right?

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                "@ZachLowe_SI: Is Jerryd Bayless aiming for the Andray Blatche "pile up #s in meaningless games on a bad team and get paid" strategy?"

What do you guys think? Zach Lowe have it right?
                I don't think he is consciously doing that. I think Bayless is just playing his game - whether one likes his game or not is not the point (at least in this thread).

One good thing is if Toronto makes adds significant salary prior to July 1st and keeps his rights, some team who does want to throw a big contract at him might be willing to do it as part of a sign and trade giving the Raptors an asset or two. This, of course, assumes Toronto is not interesting in keeping him beyond this season.

If Phoenix loves Aaron Brooks, they might be ecstatic over Bayless.

Comment

• He's totally right, except for the actually being extremely efficient and thereby helping the team to win thing. Also how the hell can Bayless command more than MLE type of money?

Comment

• GM's don't always fall for this. Look at Mike James for instance.

Comment

• Mike James was 30, and played quite a few more minutes than B-Rex. Bayless has also been jerked around his whole career without a consistent role. But he's not going to get big money. Not in this golden era of PG play. The only person that would do it is... BC, and considering how much they seem not to trust the guy/pigeonhole him as a Barbosa, even he's not likely to do it.

He ain't getting more than 4/22M, even if he continues to put up these ridiculous stats.

Comment

• I like Bayless in Barbosa's role! Doug has it totally right.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          I like Bayless in Barbosa's role! Doug has it totally right.
                          I'm not trying to split hairs but it should be noted that he is passing along the views of those within the Raptors organization - and he agrees with them.

Assuming he is accurate and the people's view actually is in line with the true decision makers, that is much more important than a reporter's view.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Mar 18, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                            See, now this criticism is much fairer and grounded. What it comes to is basically immaturity and inexperience. I think you just gotta play him now through mistakes to truly see if he can learn.

But whatever, Baysanity will be over soon. Calderon's coming back soon-apparently on Tuesday.
                            Buzz kill I hope they try to ease Calderon back. Bring him off the bench and see what Forbes can do off the ball. I think he'd be more useful for off the bench. My personal opinion.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              If Phoenix loves Aaron Brooks, they might be ecstatic over Bayless.
                              Bayless is also a home town kidd from Pheonix Arizona. I bet that would be bonus for jerryd and the suns.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                                Mike James was 30, and played quite a few more minutes than B-Rex. Bayless has also been jerked around his whole career without a consistent role. But he's not going to get big money. Not in this golden era of PG play. The only person that would do it is... BC, and considering how much they seem not to trust the guy/pigeonhole him as a Barbosa, even he's not likely to do it.

He ain't getting more than 4/22M, even if he continues to put up these ridiculous stats.
                                I still see Jerryd Bayless as the perfect 6th man for the raptors. Especially when it seems we are trying to copy the Dallas mavericks model with Casey , Bargnani(dirk), Val (chandler). Bayless is the perfect Jason Terry for our Raptors.

You cant overlook Bayless' 3 pt shooting either.

BAYLESS : http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3417/jerryd-bayless

TERRY: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/841/jason-terry

Bring Bayless' minutes to around 30 a game and i tihnk we have a solid piece to our future team.
                                Bayless future 6th an of the year
                                Last edited by pesterm1; Sun Mar 18, 2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X