Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Jerryd Bayless

I've been saying all year long..watch him play a full a game and see how good he is. The past three games the guy has produced, end of story! He might be the best 3-point shooter on the team. The guy is a legit future starting PG in the league...
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

I'm not a hater by any means, but 3 decent games in a row does not make one a legit future starting PG in the league. Nor does a few good games mixed in with a few bad ones. A few years in the league with consistent inconsistencies may state he is not though. Either way time is running out. I'm happy with him as our backup for now though.

Comment

Lol don't get Matt started. It was a good game though

20Pts, 4Reb, 7Ast(3TO) 6-13 FG 4-7 3FG 2-2FT

Had some bad shots but, I'll take a few of those a game if you give me that defensive effort !
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

a GM who makes any decisions based on a few games, gets fired!

He can't run a team ... may get some good individual results, because he is a good scorer (and shooter, as you mentioned), but not a good floor general, or passer/playmaker.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Bayless made some very difficult shots tonight.

I did not like the fact that many of the half court possessions ended with a contested shot with a few seconds left on the shot clock. Bayless does not see the cutters, especially the baseline cutters.

I was surprised Byron Scott did not start Boobie at the 2 and have him put pressure on Bayless when bringing up the ball, and switch with Kyrie in the defensive zone. As much as I love Kyrie Irving and think he will be a great player, he can't (yet) play defense and has been lit up by many lesser point guards.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            I'm not a hater by any means, but 3 decent games in a row does not make one a legit future starting PG in the league. Nor does a few good games mixed in with a few bad ones. A few years in the league with consistent inconsistencies may state he is not though. Either way time is running out. I'm happy with him as our backup for now though.
            +1
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

So where are all the Bayless haters?

Right HERE Baby!!

The only reason I say keep him is because he can keep up with the younger and quicker guards. Jose simply can't keep up. But if we can find an ACTUAL point guard (that can keep up with the younger guards) I'm all for it.

Comment

just watching the game now. I'll get back to you on the hating. I hear he had a good game. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                  a GM who makes any decisions based on a few games, gets fired!

He can't run a team ... may get some good individual results, because he is a good scorer (and shooter, as you mentioned), but not a good floor general, or passer/playmaker.
                  +100000000

Comment

Kyrie Irving and Sessions didn't lay down ANY defensive pressure, and made it easier for Bayless to run the offence. He made a lot of tough shots, but it doesn't mean they were any good ones. He had some good choices cutting to the basket, he had some teammates on mismatches and didn't hit them, good solid game running the point and scoring, but this team probably could've been much better ran by Jose.

I like Bayless, but I've always said, he's just not a point guard. His abilities/decisions separate him from a scoring point guard to a shooting guard in a point guard's body.

Comment

Every time one of these threads pops up I want to smash my keyboard over my head
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Every time one of these threads pops up I want to smash my keyboard over my head
                        HAHAHAHAH. Perfect way to explain Bayless' point guard abilities.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill, it's only 3 games.

Comment

when does it become an acceptable amount of games? we are all so happy with bargs' 13 games after 5 years. i really couldn't care less about bayless. like him moving forward but not as a lead guard. he is barbosa to me on this team moving forward.

i am happy that he has played well these 3 games. and if you look at his minutes and shot selection over the year casey pulls him quick when he makes stupid turnovers or starts to get tunnel vision. when he is playing on this team i know that he is doing everything casey asks of him or trying his best at it. that is all i can ask of him.

in another thread i said we should give him his offer but i was wrong as others pointed out because no one is going to give him 4 million next year. if we can get him at 2-3 million a season for 3-4 years that is great to me.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            when does it become an acceptable amount of games? we are all so happy with bargs' 13 games after 5 years. i really couldn't care less about bayless. like him moving forward but not as a lead guard. he is barbosa to me on this team moving forward.

i am happy that he has played well these 3 games. and if you look at his minutes and shot selection over the year casey pulls him quick when he makes stupid turnovers or starts to get tunnel vision. when he is playing on this team i know that he is doing everything casey asks of him or trying his best at it. that is all i can ask of him.

in another thread i said we should give him his offer but i was wrong as others pointed out because no one is going to give him 4 million next year. if we can get him at 2-3 million a season for 3-4 years that is great to me.
                            With your point to Bargnani, he played a good game on both ends of the floor.

I agree none the less.

Comment

I do believe this thread is premature. I think we should be happy that we're getting production out of one of are player. Instead of trying to find what's wrong with it. The end of the day Jerryd Bayless helped us win today and that's all that matters.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                              X