Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    That Bayless be our SG of the future?
    Yes he is undersized, but what does he not bring to the 2 that DeMar does?
    No I don't think so. He's a better pg than an sg trust me

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      +100000000000000
      We get it...

Comment

• I don't mind him being the PG of the future honestly. People here are too used to seeing Jose spoon feed all of our players so they think we need a guy who will get 10+ assists every night. I really don't give a crap as long as we win. There are a shit load of scoring PG's in the league so i don't see the problem. He reminds me of a bigger TJ ford but arguably a better shooter. We could simply move jose to the bench and start bayless. I don't really mind

Comment

• i like jerryd and think he could be a solid pg for a team in the future. With that said. We should trade Jerryd Bayless for steve nash(on a lower end resigned contract. Send nash home and send Bayless home to pheonix.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            damon was a good player.
            and how many championships has he won? where did his career go after he ditched the raptors to go to a decent team?

MY POINT?

You're all debating if Bayless can start for the Raptors....Of course Bayless is starting PG material for a poopie team but we ain't getting no championships with him as our starting PG.

Comment

• raptors2012 wrote: View Post
              and how many championships has he won? where did his career go after he ditched the raptors to go to a decent team?

MY POINT?

You're all debating if Bayless can start for the Raptors....Of course Bayless is starting PG material for a poopie team but we ain't getting no championships with him as our starting PG.
              That's besides the point. We shouldn't even be thinking about championship intill were a playoff team.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think bayless is an underrated leader. I always see him telling the guys stuff on and off the court and i saw him speaking out to our players in the locker room. Tonight's loss was definitely not his fault, it was bargnani being off and same with DeRozan. Also Kleiza has been inconsistent as hell we needed him tonight and he didn't show up.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  We get it...
                  k?
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Didn't watch the games vs. Nets. How was Bayless and JJ? They had nice statlines.

Comment

MY POINT?

New Orleans never won a championship with Chris Paul as their starting point guard, Utah didnt win a championship with Deron Williams as their starting point guard, Phoenix never won a championship with Steve Nash as their starting PG, but we pretend like if we had those guys we would be winning championships.

We are lucky to have a player like Jerryd Bayless as a backup PG, imo I would very happily hand him the starting PG reigns on the raptors if we ever traded Jose.

For those that say "its obvious if you watch the game he can't run an offense." ummm... I don't know what you are talking about, I watch every single game and I like what I see most of the time. Sure he turns it over more than Jose, but he scores more himself, and he defends better (more physical), and he is fearless. That is the kind of guy you want to have the ball at the end of the game, someone with ice in his veins.

All the bayless haters need to get behind the starting PG of the raptors right now, and stop thinking the neighbours grass is greener. PG is not a position that we need to upgrade, jose and bayless have that position covered for us. Lets argue about beefing another position up.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                        New Orleans never won a championship with Chris Paul as their starting point guard, Utah didnt win a championship with Deron Williams as their starting point guard, Phoenix never won a championship with Steve Nash as their starting PG, but we pretend like if we had those guys we would be winning championships.

We are lucky to have a player like Jerryd Bayless as a backup PG, imo I would very happily hand him the starting PG reigns on the raptors if we ever traded Jose.

For those that say "its obvious if you watch the game he can't run an offense." ummm... I don't know what you are talking about, I watch every single game and I like what I see most of the time. Sure he turns it over more than Jose, but he scores more himself, and he defends better (more physical), and he is fearless. That is the kind of guy you want to have the ball at the end of the game, someone with ice in his veins.

All the bayless haters need to get behind the starting PG of the raptors right now, and stop thinking the neighbours grass is greener. PG is not a position that we need to upgrade, jose and bayless have that position covered for us. Lets argue about beefing another position up.
                        I agree with your points, but Bayless has multiple problems that come along with him. Problems that the greatest of point guards in our league just don't encounter. And that's why he continues to be a problem/downgrade as a POINT GUARD compared to Jose or any other point guard. If continues his good stats, running the team well, and playing well, than I will for sure have second thoughts. I was one of those guys who wanted Bayless to be the starting point guard for the team.

Comment

MY POINT?

pretty sure those portland teams all made deep playoff runs while he was there. if its all championships then jon stockton was garbage to you? karl malone not worth anything? even lebron is over rated i guess.

bayless could easily be given starting duties on a newly rebuilding team and let grow. if he can get consistent and play within the team he could even start for us. but until he shows a consistent level of play he is not starter material.

i am a raptors fan which means i want bayless to succeed. i want him to show the other two teams who he has played for what they gave up. i want him to show the naysayers that naysaying is wrong.

but you can't argue with feelings in this game you need to argue with facts.

Comment

pretty sure those portland teams all made deep playoff runs while he was there. if its all championships then jon stockton was garbage to you? karl malone not worth anything? even lebron is over rated i guess.

bayless could easily be given starting duties on a newly rebuilding team and let grow. if he can get consistent and play within the team he could even start for us. but until he shows a consistent level of play he is not starter material.

i am a raptors fan which means i want bayless to succeed. i want him to show the other two teams who he has played for what they gave up. i want him to show the naysayers that naysaying is wrong.

but you can't argue with feelings in this game you need to argue with facts.
                            Hey man, don't be talking about my boi Stockton that way.

Utah had a championship caliber team. Only problem was they had to go through MJ. A lot of championship caliber teams didn't win for the same reason.

Miami... as much as i hate to admit... is a championship caliber team. I don't mean that if they don't win anything they're garbage. What I mean is "are we putting the right pieces together that has a realistic chance to contend for the championship"?

As much as I hope that Bayless turns into a Rose type player (or even a Billups type player for argument sake) my better judgement tells me that he won't be. Mentally, physically, skill wise, you just have the potential or you don't and after so many years of analyzing it I don't think he does - feel the same about Derozan. Don't think you can build a championship caliber team on any of those two players.

I too am a Raptors fan but i'm more realistic.

PS - Damon slide his way to the bench in Portland
                            Last edited by raptors2012; Thu Mar 15, 2012, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Hey man, don't be talking about my boi Stockton that way.

Utah had a championship caliber team. Only problem was they had to go through MJ. A lot of championship caliber teams didn't win for the same reason.

Miami... as much as i hate to admit... is a championship caliber team.

As much as I hope that Bayless turns into a Rose type player (or even a Billups type player for argument sake) my better judgement tells me that he won't be. Mentally, physically, skill wise, you just have the potential or you don't and after so many years of analyzing it I don't think he does - feel the same about Derozan. Don't think you can build a championship caliber team on any of those two players.

I too am a Raptors fan but i'm more realistic.

PS - Damon slide his way to the bench
                              im not talking about stockton. i love stockton i was making a point when you brought the fact that damon stoudamire was not a good point guard because he didn't win any championships after leaving toronto. when you make a vague comment like that you need to remember that a lot of even better pgs than damon also didn't win championships.

now it is championship caliber teams http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2...Blazers_season

here is the link where they beat the utah jazz in the second round of the playoffs after sweeping pheonix in the first round.

Comment

im not talking about stockton. i love stockton i was making a point when you brought the fact that damon stoudamire was not a good point guard because he didn't win any championships after leaving toronto. when you make a vague comment like that you need to remember that a lot of even better pgs than damon also didn't win championships.

now it is championship caliber teams http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2...Blazers_season

here is the link where they beat the utah jazz in the second round of the playoffs after sweeping pheonix in the first round.
                                Don't want to continue this much longer but you're misunderstanding me.

There's a difference between a good PG and a PG that can win you a championship... which is what I hope the raptors are trying to do.

I very much enjoyed watching Damon while he was in Toronto. I also very much enjoyed watching Iverson, who is one of my all time favs BUT how many teams thought they could win building around Iverson. Although he did almost single-handedly win it for Philly... but again, we're talking about building a team here.

PS - I'm saddened to see Iverson leave the way he did but he is not a team oriented player and this is what happens to the best of them.

Just my opinion, Bayless doesn't have the potential to be a PG on a championship caliber team.

Comment

Working...
                                X