No announcement yet.

Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty insulting to be compared with Blatche. Blatche is a lazy sod. Of course he didnt play lazy in his contract year but circumstances with the Raptors have given JB an opportunity and the last few games with Jose out he is trying to do what he is supposed to. His intensity more than anything else seems to stand out (Barbosa was always that and maybe he learned from him). Was Blatche ever an intense player....I dont think so. Zach Lowe must be having a slow day.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Pretty insulting to be compared with Blatche. Blatche is a lazy sod. Of course he didnt play lazy in his contract year but circumstances with the Raptors have given JB an opportunity and the last few games with Jose out he is trying to do what he is supposed to. His intensity more than anything else seems to stand out (Barbosa was always that and maybe he learned from him). Was Blatche ever an intense player....I dont think so. Zach Lowe must be having a slow day.
      That is true. Bayless is a hard worker and very intense when playing. I can't say the same about Blatche. It seems that since Washington couldn't trade Blatche, they traded his buddies instead (Mcgee and Young) and will probably amnesty him this summer.

Comment

• ANDREY BLATCHE ( the triple double whore). He asked Yi Jillian to do him a favour and let him get the rebound.

Wanna see pathetic ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          ANDREY BLATCHE ( the triple double whore). He asked Yi Jillian to do him a favour and let him get the rebound.

Wanna see pathetic ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48
          He led a great example for that team teaching Mcgee to be the same.

No way should Bayless be compared to Mike James or Andray Blatche. He is a young guy who is just putting up some solid numbers when the opportunity came up.
          Last edited by Red and White; Sun Mar 18, 2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Yes hopefully someone takes him so we don't have to argue over Bayless anymore
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The Mike James is only brought up because he played on the Raps before... otherwise no comparison.
              The blatche comment is rediculous... You would never EVER see bayless degrate himself the way Blatche or McGee did in those videos. Bayless has way to much pride. Bayless will be back next year if he continues to play they way he has been the last 4 games.

Ill say it again. Bayless is the next Jason terry.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                I still see Jerryd Bayless as the perfect 6th man for the raptors. Especially when it seems we are trying to copy the Dallas mavericks model with Casey , Bargnani(dirk), Val (chandler). Bayless is the perfect Jason Terry for our Raptors.

You cant overlook Bayless' 3 pt shooting either.

BAYLESS : http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3417/jerryd-bayless

TERRY: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/841/jason-terry

Bring Bayless' minutes to around 30 a game and i tihnk we have a solid piece to our future team.
                Bayless future 6th an of the year
                I am good with Bayless in that role. As a PG no but as a Barbosa/Terry type I am ok with, of course depending how we draft.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                  Mike James was 30, and played quite a few more minutes than B-Rex. Bayless has also been jerked around his whole career without a consistent role. But he's not going to get big money. Not in this golden era of PG play. The only person that would do it is... BC, and considering how much they seem not to trust the guy/pigeonhole him as a Barbosa, even he's not likely to do it.

He ain't getting more than 4/22M, even if he continues to put up these ridiculous stats.
                  Bayless has not been jerked around his whole career, he was given a very consistent role with Toronto as the #1 back up at PG, he played in every game he was available and received enough minutes to show what he can do. I have seen too many players in NBA that put up good looking numbers when playing 35 minutes a night, but they fail to be a good producing in a more specialized role....will this be Bayless for his whole career, who knows.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Isnt this supposed to be evaluation time. Let Jose come off the bench (as suggested above) and give Bayless a few more games to show whether he can do it over a longer period. Forbes is definitely not a pg...he is too slow to defend that position and doesnt have the handle...he can be given more time at the 2.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he is consciously doing that. I think Bayless is just playing his game - whether one likes his game or not is not the point (at least in this thread).

One good thing is if Toronto makes adds significant salary prior to July 1st and keeps his rights, some team who does want to throw a big contract at him might be willing to do it as part of a sign and trade giving the Raptors an asset or two. This, of course, assumes Toronto is not interesting in keeping him beyond this season.

If Phoenix loves Aaron Brooks, they might be ecstatic over Bayless.
                      What asset would be enough to part with Bayless?

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                        What asset would be enough to part with Bayless?
                        I don't know. I'm not sure what his market value would be via a sign and trade. However, if he continues to put up the numbers he is, one would think one of 30 NBA teams would have interest. Because Toronto can match any offer and most teams attempt to not have overvalued contracts, a team might call up Toronto and say, "This is a fair contract and we want to sign him for (x). What will it take for you not to match?"

If Toronto is interested in another team's free agent, they might also call and say, "We want to sign this player. Would you like to work a sign and trade?" Bayless could be one of the assets to work in such a situation - assuming he wants to go to that team.

This all assumes he or Toronto does not want a reunion next year. Given Toronto does not sound interested in him as a starter (see Doug Smith) and he is not interested in a backup role, it might be a mutual separation. Hopefully both get what they want and it yields an asset for Toronto should what they both want not be playing in Toronto.
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Mar 18, 2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          This all assumes he or Toronto does not want a reunion next year. Given Toronto does not sound interested in him as a starter (see Doug Smith) and he is not interested in a backup role, it might be a mutual separation. Hopefully both get what they want and it yields an asset for Toronto should what they both want not be playing in Toronto.
                          i think bayless will be back next year. i am hoping we can lock him up to 5/20 or something reasonable and then a growth spurt for him.

Comment

• Interesting article by Ryan Wolstat. I don't much about is he reliable source usually?

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Bayless showing he belongs

It took two thirds of a season to get here, but the Raptors finally have an intriguing positional battle to consider.

The play and contractual status of Jerryd Bayless will force the club to give him heavy minutes at point guard as the season winds down, even when incumbent Jose Calderon returns to the lineup as early as Tuesday in Manhattan.

Calderon has had a fine year, one of the best of his career, but he is one of the oldest players on the roster, has only a year remaining on his contract and was already almost traded once by general manager Bryan Colangelo.
                            What Calderon is and is not is clear at this point. Colangelo knows what he has and knows if he will keep him long-term or not.

Bayless’ status is far less cut-and-dried. He will be a restricted free agent this summer.

His past play and decision-making indicated that he would be best served replacing the departed Leandro Barbosa as a scoring combo guard off of the bench.

But hold the phone — just when you are certain Bayless is not capable of being a full-time point guard, he goes on another run like the one he currently is on, making you rethink his future in this Raptors rebuild.

He carried the club on a 2-2 trip that easily could have been the first 4-0 road swing for the franchise in years (the team held halftime leads in each of the games).

The Raptors have lacked a penetrating guard for what seems like a decade now and Bayless is filling that crucial role at the moment, pouring in 21.8 points and 7.6 assists a night on great shooting over his past five games.

Bayless, always at least an average defender, has stepped up with the most effective defence of his young career. He was tired against the Bobcats and that helps explain why D.J. Augustin went off, but Kemba Walker was invisible, including when Bayless was on him.

Bayless’ standout play has caused Calderon to perhaps speed up his return from an ankle injury — “With the way Jerryd’s playing, I would hurry up and get back too,” joked head coach Dwane Casey

Casey was a non-believer in Bayless as an effective point guard theory earlier in the year, but appears to have been converted now.

Colangelo could be too. Bayless was once considered a candidate for the No. 4 selection in his draft year, before now all-star Russell Westbrook catapulted up the rankings.

This is a weak draft for point guards and unless Steve Nash or Deron Williams can be convinced to take Toronto’s money in free agency — and only one of those scenarios is in any way plausible — Bayless could be the long-term starter at the position for Toronto.

He has said all the right things about being willing to come off the bench, but after spending the season under the wing of former NBAer Johnny Davis, Bayless appears ready to graduate to a bigger role.

The Phoenix native believes the team can play even better than how it did at times on the trip once everybody adapts to the return of Andrea
                            Bargnani

“Guys just have to get comfortable with each other again. We’ve had guys in and out of the lineup,” Bayless said after the loss in Charlotte.

Bayless has looked pretty comfortable of late, but if he has another gear still to be reached, all of a sudden, Toronto’s already promising future becomes even more intriguing.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Interesting article by Ryan Wolstat. I don't much about is he reliable source usually?
                              ???i don't think i wrote that.

Comment

• I don't much about Ryan Wolstat is he a reliable source?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X