Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Jerryd Bayless

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Bayless is a good dude and all but he seems a little slow. You know, up top.
    No if you listen to him talk he's a really really smart guy and he took online courses over the lockout so it shows he takes school seriously. I also heard his dad is very strict. I still believe-in him and i hope he can become a start PG whether its for us or another team.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I like Dragic's game too. The only problem with Dragic is he's waaay more efficient when he's given starter minutes. And by that token, i think he will command ,more than the mid-level, Im guessing around the $7M-$8M range.
    Wow is Dragic deserves that, than Bayless is definately deserves QO.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's going a bit far to insult his intelligence. It's one thing to dislike his playing style, but I don't agree with bashing him personally.

As Raptor fans we read way more material about this team. Rockets fans could be saying the same thing about Dragic. Of course Bayless wants to start, almost every player wants to. I don't see the pouting that some are referring to. Does he play better when he starts? Yes. I don't like that aspect either, but it is what it is.

I am in agreement that we should go a different direction for the PG position. I would gladly have Bayless back playing a combo guard role. He has a great attitude, work ethic, and has always been supportive of his team mates.

And I don't think Dragic will be close to the 7-8 mil mark. I think he will be closer to the mid level mark of 5 mil. and below.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Dragic's game too. The only problem with Dragic is he's waaay more efficient when he's given starter minutes. And by that token, i think he will command ,more than the mid-level, Im guessing around the $7M-$8M range.
    Crap...he is a RFA after this year (for some reason I thought he was an UFA). He makes about 2 mill. this year. I dont know that Houston would pay to retain him and the only other team that might make a play for him might be Portland (as far as I can glean on need). Getting a starting pg thru f/agcy provides more flexibility in the draft and trades or even amnestying. As far as $ goes I suppose it depends on the demand and Houston's willingness to match. Any suitor probably has to promise him the starter role. One of his more attractive attributes is his willingness to play defence and he is 26.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Crap...he is a RFA after this year (for some reason I thought he was an UFA). He makes about 2 mill. this year. I dont know that Houston would pay to retain him and the only other team that might make a play for him might be Portland (as far as I can glean on need). Getting a starting pg thru f/agcy provides more flexibility in the draft and trades or even amnestying. As far as $ goes I suppose it depends on the demand and Houston's willingness to match. Any suitor probably has to promise him the starter role. One of his more attractive attributes is his willingness to play defence and he is 26.
    Dragic is unrestricted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think it's going a bit far to insult his intelligence. It's one thing to dislike his playing style, but I don't agree with bashing him personally.

As Raptor fans we read way more material about this team. Rockets fans could be saying the same thing about Dragic. Of course Bayless wants to start, almost every player wants to. I don't see the pouting that some are referring to. Does he play better when he starts? Yes. I don't like that aspect either, but it is what it is.

I am in agreement that we should go a different direction for the PG position. I would gladly have Bayless back playing a combo guard role. He has a great attitude, work ethic, and has always been supportive of his team mates.

And I don't think Dragic will be close to the 7-8 mil mark. I think he will be closer to the mid level mark of 5 mil. and below.
    I'm not calling him a stupidhead I'm just saying he clearly doesn't seem to grasp what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not calling him a stupidhead I'm just saying he clearly doesn't seem to grasp what his strengths and weaknesses are.
    "Bayless is a good dude and all but he seems a little slow. You know, up top."

hahaha your comment might have been a bit vague.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he know his strengths and weaknesses just fine. I feel like he just looks around the league and see other PGs in the same mold as him succeeding and feels like he could contribute in same manner. Like I bet he gets upset when Westbrook leads the league in TO but, still gets a starting gig.

Think about it Rose and Westbrook were in his draft class and they both just got the key to the franchise right after they were drafted. That's probably why he thinks he hasn't gotten a chance yet. Honestly I would have to agree. BTW IMO

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Afflalo, Miller, Udrih, Felton are all in the 7-8mil range. I can see Dragic putting himself in the same company, dont you?

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right. Good. I found a site which said RFA. He was a second rounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Afflalo, Miller, Udrih, Felton are all in the 7-8mil range. I can see Dragic putting himself in the same company, dont you?
    I know stats aren't the whole story but he is averaging 16.1 points and 9.4 over the last 10 games with great shooting percentages and 2.1 steals per game. The turnover ratio is not that great though. You really can't go with those numbers though. His season averages over the last couple years are similar to Steve Blake, Ridnour, Barea, J. Jack, to name a few, they are paid between 3-5 million. If Coney makes just over 6 mil, I don't think Dragic will get higher.

I predict around 5 million. It would be nice if we could use the mid level on him. Add him and maybe another PG in the second round and we have rounded out the PG position. Hopefully of the two will be able to take over for Calderon after next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I know stats aren't the whole story but he is averaging 16.1 points and 9.4 over the last 10 games with great shooting percentages and 2.1 steals per game. The turnover ratio is not that great though. You really can't go with those numbers though. His season averages over the last couple years are similar to Steve Blake, Ridnour, Barea, J. Jack, to name a few, they are paid between 3-5 million. If Coney makes just over 6 mil, I don't think Dragic will get higher.

I predict around 5 million. It would be nice if we could use the mid level on him. Add him and maybe another PG in the second round and we have rounded out the PG position. Hopefully of the two will be able to take over for Calderon after next year.
    I really don't see how his a upgrade over Bayless. Ok, so he averages more assist as a starter than Bayless but, way more turnovers too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I really don't see how his a upgrade over Bayless. Ok, so he averages more assist as a starter than Bayless but, way more turnovers too
    Do we really have to go ver this again? Stats are not the full story. I like his style of play. I think he is far better than Bayless. Watch a little more of his games and you will see the difference.

These things come down to preference and opinion. You prefer Bayless and that's okay. I'm not a fan. The thing is our opinion doesn't matter. All of us will argue over a bunch of players and someone other than who we have discussed will be signed or obtained in some manner.

Post Thanks / Like

I was putting out the $7-8M range based on if and when he becomes a starter or gets starter minutes, and the way he's playing, i dont think thats far off.

Conley is making $6.5M this year, but his contract is backloaded. He is bound to make 7-9M a year till the end of his contract.

And the turnovers....well, he came from the D'Antoni school for PGs, what do you expect? hehehe. I think it comes with the territory. All good to great PGs avg at least 3TOs per game.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Mar 30th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really have to go ver this again? Stats are not the full story. I like his style of play. I think he is far better than Bayless. Watch a little more of his games and you will see the difference.

These things come down to preference and opinion. You prefer Bayless and that's okay. I'm not a fan. The thing is our opinion doesn't matter. All of us will argue over a bunch of players and someone other than who we have discussed will be signed or obtained in some manner.
    I would prefer Bayless by a very narrow margin. Just because Bayless can finish games, and i dont think Dragic can. At least i havent seen him do it. But i think Dragic has a high bball IQ and his reaction instincts are very good.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Bayless is better. I just don't think that Dragic is a upgrade over him. I find their both on same level. I don't think their would be much differential production that's all. BTW IMO

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I don't think Bayless is better. I just don't think that Dragic is a upgrade over him. I find their both on same level. I don't think their would be much differential production that's all. BTW IMO
    He has strong fundamentals and I rate him over Bayless.It comes down to economics. If Dragic is available at 4-5million/year I would pounce on it. If Bayless signs a 3million/year contract I would keep him here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    He has strong fundamentals and I rate him over Bayless.It comes down to economics. If Dragic is available at 4-5million/year I would pounce on it. If Bayless signs a 3million/year contract I would keep him here.
    +1

Plus Dragic has more point-guard ability than Bayless has.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I would only keep Bayless if he is happy being the go-to-guy for the second string, kinda like what Blur was doing this season before he got traded. Imho, he should never be a starting point guard until he starts looking for his teammates more often and not force difficult shots. 3.8 APG is nowhere near what is required for the Raps to win regularly, especially when DD, our 2nd scoring option, doesn't possess the ability to find his own shots, nor create shots for his teammates.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer Bayless by a very narrow margin. Just because Bayless can finish games, and i dont think Dragic can. At least i havent seen him do it. But i think Dragic has a high bball IQ and his reaction instincts are very good.
    what?! finish games? did you not see dragic's masterpiece of a fourth quarter against the spurs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information