No announcement yet.

March 14 - New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He played the best out of anyone...which doesn't doesn't say much. 1st half he was awesome, second half was mediocre

Comment

He played a great game. Period. Geezus.

He shoots over 50% from the floor. Dishes out 10 assists. Only has 2 turnovers. Leads the team in scoring. And adds 4 rebounds.
      I don't get why people are so quick to tear this guy apart.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Wow. Pathetic. Only thing that stood out to me as good was Bargs and JJ's hard fouls, not letting Green dunk on them. Everyone played poorly.
        This is a good point and pretty much changes the tagline for the game from "nothing to be positive about except lottery balls" to "nothing to be positive about except lottery balls and some self respect evident that has lacked in recent years past."

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

He shoots over 50% from the floor. Dishes out 10 assists. Only has 2 turnovers. Leads the team in scoring. And adds 4 rebounds.
          Yeah it's a solid box score, no one's denying that.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I know it's coming, so how did Bayless lose this game for us?
            Can't we all just continue to hate on Bargnani?(haha) If people keep saying comments like this it's gonna get ugly on this board again, I can smell it!

Comment

I don't think anyone - myself included, as President of the "Tear Bayless a New One Club" - can deny he played great in the first half. Like really, really, really great.

The 2nd half, though, he wasn't awful but he wasn't very good, let alone great. He was what he normally is.

Comment

agreed. credit where credit is due. shooting 50% means you are generally shooting when you are open and anyone who can claim 10 assists isn't within the offense is a dum dum.

Comment

People we have to remember that when players get to this stage they revert to who/what they really are when there is pressure or the need to equalize or win the game. And this is more noticeable and predictable in those with the ball in their hands a lot (ie the pg). Rare is the one who can change their basketball dna. He made a real conscious effort in the first half to be a good distributor and then his boys stopped coming thru....and then the switch flipped.

Comment

this is the kinda game that pisses you off. I feel like bitch slapping the entire starting line up besides amir and bayless. I refuse to lose to a bunch of D league scrubs and the hump.

Comment

Did really Bayless play that well? I see mixed emotions here. He had a nice statline. Whatever it's worth, lovin' me some Bayless and Johnson.

I can honestly say I'm a hater, but not in a way that I don't want him to succeed, I was one of those guys who though Bayless should start and run the team, but really proved to me he just can't do it.

I hope Bayless can continue to play well and hell, prove me wrong. I love his game none the less. Whether he's a point guard or shooting guard.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Did really Bayless play that well? I see mixed emotions here. He had a nice statline. Whatever it's worth, lovin' me some Bayless and Johnson.

I can honestly say I'm a hater, but not in a way that I don't want him to succeed, I was one of those guys who though Bayless should start and run the team, but really proved to me he just can't do it.

I hope Bayless can continue to play well and hell, prove me wrong. I love his game none the less. Whether he's a point guard or shooting guard.
                        He;s playing well but the rest of our guys played like garbage in the 2nd half.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          agreed. credit where credit is due. shooting 50% means you are generally shooting when you are open and anyone who can claim 10 assists isn't within the offense is a dum dum.
                          That is a good point if you only read the box score.

Not to be a d!ck but did you watch the game?

He really was magnificent in the first half. He was not very good in the second. Overall I guess you could say he was average-good for the game.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            That is a good point if you only read the box score.

Not to be a d!ck but did you watch the game?

He really was magnificent in the first half. He was not very good in the second. Overall I guess you could say he was average-good for the game.
                            Why do you say he was not very good in the second half?
                            What are you basing that off?

I watched the entire game, and all I saw was Bayless starting to be more aggressive in the second half, when NO ONE elses shots were falling.
                            Nothing wrong with that. Did you want him to go out and not shoot the ball? Is THAT what a PG does?

Comment

Why do you say he was not very good in the second half?
                              What are you basing that off?

I watched the entire game, and all I saw was Bayless starting to be more aggressive in the second half, when NO ONE elses shots were falling.
                              Nothing wrong with that. Did you want him to go out and not shoot the ball? Is THAT what a PG does?
                              My opinion. Feel free to disagree.

The team was stagnant. Instead of working to get his teammates involved, he looked for himself. That is good at times but it is also a slippery slope which on more than a couple possessions I feel he slid down.

Shots definitely weren't falling but a big part of a PG is putting teammates in a position to score. I don't think he did that in the second half - again with the offense stagnating and he looking for himself first, that is a double whammy.

Comment

I agree with Matt. Bayless had an awesome first half. When he came out in the second he wasn't playing with the same approach. There came a point that he was holding the ball to late in the shot clock, and making bad decisions with the ball. There comes a point that he gets really aggressive and he goes so fast he can't make proper decisions. His drive and kicks aren't really that affective because he is coming in too wildly. Casey ended up pulling him to settle him down. You must admit Bayless lost his composure in the second half. If not, watch the game again.

At least Matt and I are being objective. We are admitting when he is playing well, unfortunately he did not play well for most of the second half. I think some of you have to come to terms with that. Yes he had some nice drives, and he made Petro look silly, but that does not constitute as a good half of basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X