View Poll Results: Should the Raptors Linvest at all costs?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 10.81%
  • No

33 89.19%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Lin to the Raptors a good idea? Lin Raptors Plan B? (168)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Lol 4.5 TOPG would lead the League by a decent margin, Nilanka. Not a good start.
    I'm not exaggerating at all. He turned it over ALOT.

He played an average of 26MPG, 136th in the League, and still managed to crack the Top 7 in Turnovers. Thats BAD.

There were games where he was taking 17 and 18 shots WITH Carmelo and Amare in the Lineup.

And once again, Bayless, played UNREAL as a PG, for a solid stretch of games, led us to wins against some solid teams ... and he's still not a PG? Odd.

And me.

And I'll point it out again. Bayless managed a better Assist/TO ratio than Lin, which to me, IS the measurement of a Point Guard.
    The assist:turnover ratio is an overrated/misused stat. Nobody even knew what it was before Calderon started excelling in it. And he's far from the best PG in the league. Matt Bonner was #3 in A:TO ratio this year. Other guys in the top 10? Lou Williams, Andre Iguodala and Beno Udrih. If you're looking for a single statistical measure of PG play, I don't know if A:TO is your best option.

Yes, 4.5 turnovers is a lot, but is it that far ahead of Deron Williams' 4.0, or John Wall's 3.9, or Kevin Durant's 3.8? And it's a lot less than the "10" you quoted (hence the exaggeration).

Lin has played a mere 64 games in his NBA career. He's a newborn baby by NBA standards (covered in gross after-birth with the umbilical cord still attached). The assumption is that he'll cut down his turnovers in due time.

If Bayless is retained, it'll be because Barbosa was unavailable (as a scoring option off the bench). After all, Colangelo wouldn't go on the air saying that he needs a PG if he honestly thought Bayless was the guy.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lin has played a mere 64 games in his NBA career. He's a newborn baby by NBA standards (covered in gross after-birth with the umbilical cord still attached).
    No doubt and people are suggesting the Raptors should give him $20M in the final two years on a contract. Two full MLE years in the beginning of the contract. All this based on 64 career games after he went undrafted and was cut like four times. Where are all the Lin supporters going to be in three years if the Raptors do this bone head deal? Pushing him and Colangelo under the bus is my guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, 4.5 turnovers is a lot, but is it that far ahead of Deron Williams' 4.0, or John Wall's 3.9, or Kevin Durant's 3.8?
    Over an 82 game schedule, beating these guys by .5 TOPG would result in an extra 41 TO's. Thats quite a few if you ask me.

And it's a lot less than the "10" you quoted (hence the exaggeration).
    Sorry, when I said 10 Turnovers, I meant to say 8 (Feb 6th), 8 (Feb 14th), 9 (Feb 17th), 7 (Feb 19th), 9 (Feb 23rd).
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    No doubt and people are suggesting the Raptors should give him $20M in the final two years on a contract. Two full MLE years in the beginning of the contract. All this based on 64 career games after he went undrafted and was cut like four times. Where are all the Lin supporters going to be in three years if the Raptors do this bone head deal? Pushing him and Colangelo under the bus is my guess.
    Personally, I don't want Colangelo to overspend on