Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lin to the Raptors a good idea? Lin Raptors Plan B? (168)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is everyone still high on Lin? His wonder week is over. He's a scrub. The only reason he is still getting significant minutes is because he sells tickets. I mean for the past 5 games or so he's been shooting like 30% and averaging like 6 TO's.

Comment

I think Lin is a feel good story and everyone had high hopes that he would turn into something like a megastar in the NBA. I could not bare to think what it would be like to wear his shoes, having the weight of a world sit on his shoulders telling him he's the best or he doesn't deserve all this praise. It's got to wear on him mentally. But I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way. He's going through a rough time right now so how he ends the season (or makes the playoff) will definitely give some sort of indication of the type of player he is or can be. I think from that standpoint, would be better to judge if he can be part of the Toronto Raptors...
      #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        If Lin was a black guy named DeShawn and had the exact same skill/talent as Lin, would it be a good idea? There's your answer.
        this to be honest

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
          Why is everyone still high on Lin? His wonder week is over. He's a scrub. The only reason he is still getting significant minutes is because he sells tickets. I mean for the past 5 games or so he's been shooting like 30% and averaging like 6 TO's.
          That's a bit over the top; if I include the last two games after the five games you mention (7 games total) Lin is averaging about 15pts 3,5 reb, 7 ass, 2 stl, 0,5 blk and 3,7 to while shooting 44% from the field and 86% from the stripe.

Yes the turnovers are high, but overall his stats aren't anywhere near what you claim them to be and certainly he cannot be considered a scrub based on these stats.

You also have to take into account that he is (was) expected to do a lot for New York, he had a usage rate of almost 30% (4th amongst point guards, about 10th in the league).

Btw, his turnover rate is only slightly above the turnover rate of Nash, who some people want to play here next year (4th and 5th amongst pg's playing at least 20 games and 20 minutes a game).

Stats from hoopdata and nba.com

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Wow, someone save this. This illustrates exactly what I was pointing out earlier. This guy has Rafer Alston disappointment written all over him.

Prime, this whole time when I was saying I would be worried about him being overpaid by the Raptors I had the full MLE in my mind. That's far too much.
            Yet you are content with handing out the same amount of money to an aging PG who plays no defense and is only a marginally better playmaker.

Ain't that some shit.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
              Yet you are content with handing out the same amount of money to an aging PG who plays no defense and is only a marginally better playmaker.

Ain't that some shit.
              Who is this mystery PG? I know it can't be Calderon because he's more than "marginally better" at making plays.

Also if you compare Calderon's play when he earned that deal to Lin's play now it's not even close.

Comment

Who is this mystery PG? I know it can't be Calderon because he's more than "marginally better" at making plays.

Also if you compare Calderon's play when he earned that deal to Lin's play now it's not even close.
                Let's compare Jose's best season (the one "when he earned that deal") with Lin this season.

Jose (07-08) 20.5 9.4 1.5 52 13.4 3.4 1.3 7.5M
                Lin 20.6 8.5 5.3 46 19.9 4.1 2.2 ???
                1. Jose is clearly only marginally better in assists. Please come back once you understand the meaning of marginally, thanks.
                2. Outside of FG% Lin is a much better offensive and defensive player. The only thing holding him back is his turnovers hence the lower than expected PER.
                3. Jose's next contract began at 7.5M, which is afaik, 141% of that season's MLE. Adjusting for inflation that would mean that he earned ~8.1M in real terms. I'm talking about getting Lin this year for 5.8M, or 71% of that price. I don't see how this could be anything else but a bargain.
                Last edited by Prime; Mon Mar 19, 2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Let's compare Jose's best season (the one "when he earned that deal") with Lin this season.

1. Jose is clearly only marginally better in assists. Please come back once you understand the meaning of marginally, thanks.
                  2. Outside of FG% Lin is a much better offensive and defensive player. The only thing holding him back is his turnovers hence the lower than expected PER.
                  3. Jose's next contract began at 7.5M, which is afaik, 141% of that season's MLE. Adjusting for inflation that would mean that he earned ~8.1M in real terms. I'm talking about getting Lin this year for 5.8M, or 71% of that price. I don't see how this could be anything else but a bargain.
                  Where are the stats for turn overs? Or how many games played ? Pretty sure Jose proved himself over the course of a season (or more) whereas Jeremy Lin has had a nice 5 games under a coach who would've turned Jose into the Spanish Steve Nash.

Comment

Lol your argument is useless. Lin played like what 19 games under D'antoni? and he's averaged like 5 or 6 turnovers. Btw Lin is averaging 15 ppg, 6 apg and 3 rbpg so stop inflating his stats more than they already are. If you put jerryd bayless is the same position with d'antoni he would have averaged better numbers then Lin. It was like Mike james with Toronto and look at him now

Comment

tomorrow JB Vs Lin is a matchup to see. JB will eat Lin alive on defense and offense, The hit man's already marked his target. Lin is definitely pretty high on his hit list.

Comment

Lin went scrub-hunting tonight. His prey? Jerryd Bayless.

Wow, someone save this. This illustrates exactly what I was pointing out earlier. This guy has Rafer Alston disappointment written all over him.
                        Rafer Alston just went off for 16/3/10 with 3 TOs, and a block plus steal on 60% shooting against your boy Jose. I guess we should go get him out of the D-League?
                        Last edited by Prime; Tue Mar 20, 2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Lin went scrub-hunting tonight. His prey? Jerryd Bayless.
                          ?

Pretty sure he did almost ALL of his damage against Jose ...

Which is Par for the course.

Comment

So tell me again why we wouldn't want a guy like this for the MLE?

Comment

Because he's fool's gold. Just wait until the playoffs.

Comment

Irrelevant, but I'll play along.

Last time I checked Jose wasn't even grade B beef in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X