Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbosa traded to Pacers for 2nd round pick (Official - post 155)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa traded to Pacers for 2nd round pick (Official - post 155)

Just reported on ESPN, by multiple sources... details to follow

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Indiana Pacers acquiring guard Leandro Barbosa in a trade with Toronto Raptors, source tells Y!

WHOA! Interesting ... wonder what we got back.

Comment

yeah for a second round pick. at least we get something, i guess.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

parlay 2 second rounders for a late first maybe??

(doubtful)
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

for a 2nd round pick.

So Raps get something for an expiring contract, and if Colangelo wants to take a run at LB as a FA in the summer, can still do so. Nice small move.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

well, its a good enough draft we might be able to strike gold (silver? gold coloured rock?) with one of the second rounders.

i'm pleased with it.

also this should help our lotto chances
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The details better be good...
              Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Comment

Don't you feel Toronto got too less..? I mean a lot of teams were calling Barbosa and we traded him only for a second rounder?

Comment

2nd rounder?

The Raptors have traded Leandro Barbosa to the Pacers, according to a source.

Toronto will receive a second round pick in return, according to a source that spoke with David Aldridge.

Because the Pacers are under the salary cap, they are able to absorb the salary of Barbosa.
                  Source: RealGM.com

I don't get it. I mean if they're not planning on keeping him it's better to get something rather than nothing but honestly I expected more.

Comment

AngryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Don't you feel Toronto got too less..? I mean a lot of teams were calling Barbosa and we traded him only for a second rounder?
                    As of today, that pick would be the 52nd pick in the draft... I'm a little surprised that the Raps couldn't even get a better 2nd round pick, without taking salary back. Hopefully Indiana drops to get the pick at least around 45th.
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Mar 15, 2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

There might be more to this we have yet to hear about.

Comment

Can't say I'm pleased with this unless BC already has some deal with 2 second rounders for a low first.. but i suppose a second rounder is better than a walk
                        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          There might be more to this we have yet to hear about.
                          I doubt it but hey, we can all hope right?

Comment

Certainly hope so. Let's see how the rest of today's events pan out.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                              Can't say I'm pleased with this unless BC already has some deal with 2 second rounders for a low first.. but i suppose a second rounder is better than a walk
                              Yeah, right now that have picks #34 and #52 so maybe they use those along with cash to buy another 1st rounder?

Comment

Working...
                              X