Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbosa traded to Pacers for 2nd round pick (Official - post 155)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post
    Anthony Carter might be included in the deal too, so it saves the Raptors some money from buying him out. Also, this deal apparently creates a $7.6million TPE which lasts up until the trade deadline next year.

As we have experienced before the TPE is nothing grand, but that is still a asset the Raptors could choose to use at some point.

Sam Amick says the following:

"Source confirms @SpearsNBAYahoo report: Indiana has acquired Leandro Barbosa for 2nd round pick. Anthony Carter likely going to Pacers too"
    Raptors are under the cap. We don't get a TPE.

Comment

• you managed to get something for him and you have until the draft to try to flip it for something better.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Tim Chisolm's take on the Barbosa trade:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=390423

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
          Raptors are under the cap. We don't get a TPE.
          Not quite true. They do get an exception. To get the cap space they would have to renounce the TPE.

Comment

• Official: Barbosa to Indiana

The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday they have traded guard Leandro Barbosa to the Indiana Pacers for a 2012 second-round draft pick and cash considerations.

“This is another move being made with the future in mind,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “It’s difficult to let a player like Leandro go, but this trade further underscores our plan of maximizing salary cap flexibility, acquiring assets and developing our young players.

“Leandro has unique and special ability as a basketball player, but he’s an even better person away from the game. I’m happy for him to get the opportunity to join a playoff team as he heads into free agency.”

Barbosa averaged 12.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 23.4 minutes in 100 outings with the Raptors. He led the bench in scoring in 60 of those 100 appearances. In 42 games this season, Barbosa averaged 12.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 22.4 minutes.

The nine-year NBA veteran was acquired by Toronto, along with centre Dwayne Jones, on July 14, 2010 in exchange for forward Hedo Turkoglu.

The roster now stands at 14 players heading into Friday’s game at Memphis (Sportsnet ONE/Sportsnet’s 590 The FAN).

Raptors.com

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Fucckkk man. I loved Barbosa, and I wasn't surprised he was traded, it's just the fact we got a low second rounder for him.

I wish the best to him, and IMO he'll always be a Raptor in the heart of many fans.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• From Hollinger tweet at ESPN

johnhollinger John Hollinger
                RT @sam_amick: Raptors announce they have waived Anthony Carter. So he didn't make it into the Indy deal after all

Comment

• carter going.....but not in the trade

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/carter_031512

does this affect the numbers much?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Tim Chisolm's take on the Barbosa trade:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=390423
                    He sums it up nicely here:

So, while it may not have been what people were expecting this is about right for what Colangelo and the club were looking for at the deadline: picks and flexibility. While neither asset acquired necessarily changes the course of the future for the club it offers the team more than they would have gotten had they just let Barbosa expire in July. It's all part of a bigger picture, and while the payoff can be hard to see today it will be a lot clearer once the team starts taking wins seriously again next October.
                    I can't help but agree.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      He sums it up nicely here:

I can't help but agree.
                      I just hope it all works out that way.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Barbosa leaving us, Nene going to the Wiz....is that worth four games in the standings over the next 23? could be

Comment

• What hasn't been mentioned yet is how this potentially opens up a roster spot for Sonny Weems to come back next year. Sorry, I mean Grand Slam Dunk Champion of the World Sonny Weems. Imagine the chip on that guy's should if he comes back.
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Barbosa leaving us, Nene going to the Wiz....is that worth four games in the standings over the next 23? could be
                            Fingers crossed at this point.

Comment

• c_bcm wrote: View Post
                              What hasn't been mentioned yet is how this potentially opens up a roster spot for Sonny Weems to come back next year. Sorry, I mean Grand Slam Dunk Champion of the World Sonny Weems. Imagine the chip on that guy's should if he comes back.
                              Ah yes, good call.

Comment

• Remember Bayless' post game interview after the cavs game? (its ok if you don't). As he ran off camera he said "Free LB". Matt and Jack took it as Free LV but it sounded like LB to me. Did he, along with everyone else, see this coming? Or did I not hear right?

Comment

Working...
                                X