Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbosa traded to Pacers for 2nd round pick (Official - post 155)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This trade takes Toronto under the league minimum in salary and opens up two roster spots. Considering these two elements this could just be a precursor to another move happening at some point today.

I'm not expecting anything major to happen for us the rest for the rest of the day, but I can't help but think there is at least something else in the works.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Full TANK MODE engaged, time to unleash Rasual Butler! I don't think this is a bad trade at all. We basically got 2nd rounder for free. Raptors are going to have a chance to re-sign Barbosa or if doesn't want to then we have a 2nd rounder. I agree with some previous posts, trading two 2nd rounders for mid-late 1st rounder.

Comment

Carter to Indy as well: SI.com

Sam Amick ‏ @sam_amick
        Toronto was going to cut Anthony Carter if they didn't trade him. Two sources say he's in the deal to Indy.

I think there is more to this by 3pm EST.

Toronto is now $13M under the cap and have 2 open roster spaces.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
          This trade takes Toronto under the league minimum in salary and opens up two roster spots. Considering these two elements this could just be a precursor to another move happening at some point today.

I'm not expecting anything major to happen for us the rest for the rest of the day, but I can't help but think there is at least something else in the works.
          Even if nothing major is done until the offseason, it also opens up the possibility of Toronto trying to pick up additional minor assets in return for helping to facilitate other larger trades. Love him or hate him, BC is shrewd...

Comment

G00DF3LLA5 wrote: View Post
            Full TANK MODE engaged, time to unleash Rasual Butler! I don't think this is a bad trade at all. We basically got 2nd rounder for free. Raptors are going to have a chance to re-sign Barbosa or if doesn't want to then we have a 2nd rounder. I agree with some previous posts, trading two 2nd rounders for mid-late 1st rounder.

Somewhere in the depths of the ACC Lottery Ball jumps to his feet:

Comment

Make a move for Kaman? Is there any undesirable contracts that we would move for him? somewhere in the 3-5 million range?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

LOL My thoughts exactly!

Comment

if the raps really want to get the lotto balls bouncing... just start Butler & Solo..thats got to get a top 3 pick IMO

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Make a move for Kaman? Is there any undesirable contracts that we would move for him? somewhere in the 3-5 million range?
                    I think that is the problem: NO do not want to take back anything for him.

Comment

somewhere dorrell wright is getting fitted for a raps jersey
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would not take Kaman, even if THEY paid us. No place on the roster for him.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          That would be nice
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think that is the problem: NO do not want to take back anything for him.
                            Right. So really if you consider Kaman for a second rounder the net effect is he's really the same as a free agent signing. So one would need to ask them self if they would sign Kaman to the same contract he is currently owed. If not then we're wasting out breath on this.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              That actually would not surprise me.
                              We will probably just flip the second rounder for him

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Right. So really if you consider Kaman for a second rounder the net effect is he's really the same as a free agent signing. So one would need to ask them self if they would sign Kaman to the same contract he is currently owed. If not then we're wasting out breath on this.
                                Not unless they take something back. The only long term contract that I see is Amir's. I wouldn't be up for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X