Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbosa traded to Pacers for 2nd round pick (Official - post 155)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm looking at the picks as assets/sweeteners to package in a larger deal. I only want 2 rookies on the team next year unless the 3rd is a "PG of the future" candidate.
    I would not mind getting an extra rookie if there in the lottery as most of the players have lots of potential. We will not be competeing for a couple years and I feel like even in the lottery there could be great bench players/possible starters.

It was more of a joke, just becuase I want to see a team start five rookies.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      If the Raps could make a series of moves to acquire a 2nd lottery pick, then I'd have no issue with 3 rookies.
      I'd prefer a better known, young player like, say, Batum but I would not be heart broken in your scenario either.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I would say, it's less of a chance now.
        Why less chance now? If anything, if he was interested in staying before, he's likely more interested in coming back now, to a franchise that has treated him very well. Colangelo just did him a huge favour by trading him to a playoff team. You think he'd prefer to play out the string here?
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          So no one has ever re-signed with the Raptors?
          I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone doing so after reaching unrestricted free agent status.
          Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Mar 15, 2012, 01:15 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

Comment

I'd prefer a better known, young player like, say, Batum but I would not be heart broken in your scenario either.
            haha maybe I'm greedy, but depending who they draft (whether 1 or 2 lottery picks), I'd still take a run at Batum. However, it seems to me that Portland is looking ahead with the intention of building a team around Aldridge & Batum, with everybody else being expendable. I get the feeling they'll match any offer for Batum.

Comment

• Someone said there were posts on twitter about Allen being traded, anybody know anything about this?
              (I know its off topic but feels like everyone is reading this thread)

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                So no one has ever re-signed with the Raptors?

If it's possible to amnesty Petro then sign me up. His deal was signed prior to the new CBA but I'm not sure if the fact that he was traded to Toronto after the new CBA would forfeit the ability to amnesty him.
                I believe the Raps can only amnesty players that were on their roster prior to the new CBA. So that cannot include any traded players.

Petro sucks - but I'd take the risk for a mid first rounder. Houston's pick would come in at #17 - that could be our PG of the future. I'd do that for Petro.. and if we need cap space for a big signing we could always amnesty Kleiza or try and trade Amir or Calderon for more cap relief.

Comment

haha maybe I'm greedy, but depending who they draft (whether 1 or 2 lottery picks), I'd still take a run at Batum. However, it seems to me that Portland is looking ahead with the intention of building a team around Aldridge & Batum, with everybody else being expendable. I get the feeling they'll match any offer for Batum.
                  Apparently they are open to move anyone.

"Woj said on WFAN-660 that every POR player is on the trading block (including LMA) after that 42-point loss last night.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
                  One GM says, "One thing is for sure today: Portland is open for business right now.""

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                    Apparently they are open to move anyone.

"Woj said on WFAN-660 that every POR player is on the trading block (including LMA) after that 42-point loss last night.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
                    One GM says, "One thing is for sure today: Portland is open for business right now.""
                    Do you have a link for the radio quote saying LMA is available?

My understanding was all but LMA and Batum are available.

With the NJ trade, they could very well have 2 lottery picks and $23M to work with in free agency. That would be a fast rebuild. Aldridge is also NOT on a MAX deal - that is a good contract.

Comment

Do you have a link for the radio quote saying LMA is available?

My understanding was all but LMA and Batum are available.

With the NJ trade, they could very well have 2 lottery picks and $23M to work with in free agency. That would be a fast rebuild. Aldridge is also NOT on a MAX deal - that is a good contract.
                      Sorry no link.
                      That would make more sense to keep LA and Batum, and dammit, why couldn't we rebuild that fast?

Comment

• Now posted on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...indiana-pacers

INDIANAPOLIS -- A person close to the situation says the Toronto Raptors have agreed to send guards Leandro Barbosa and Anthony Carter to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

The person spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been finalized. The Pacers declined to comment.

Barbosa, from Brazil, has averaged 12.6 points per game in his nine-year career. He averaged 12.2 points per game this season as a reserve for the Raptors.

Carter has played in 24 games this season, averaging two points per game as a reserve. He has averaged four points per game in a career that began in 1999 with the Miami Heat.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Petro sucks - but I'd take the risk for a mid first rounder. Houston's pick would come in at #17 - that could be our PG of the future. I'd do that for Petro.. and if we need cap space for a big signing we could always amnesty Kleiza or try and trade Amir or Calderon for more cap relief.
                          I wouldn't call Petro a risk anymore than I would call jumping into a furnace a risk. You know the outcome 100%. There is no uncertainty there.

Petro is a hazard.

Comment

• Not that anyone has really said anything other than speculate on trades but I'm a miss leandros funky shot, those long ass arms and his slippery, sneaky drives to the rim. He was fun to watch when he was into it, especially when he'd come in and carve up the opposition on nights where the rest of the duds on this team couldn't throw it in the ocean.

That being said, I'm happy with a low risk move like this. There'll be ballers in the second round of this draft and if you draft a dud, well, they're cheap to cut! And of course there is the value of adding a 2nd rounder to a TP. On the flip side, Barbosa was a game changer on more than a few nights. He'd come in hit a few and the energy level would soar and the momentum would shift in favour of the good guys. As a member of Team Tank I'm happy for the added lotto balls. As a fan though, I'm cringing at the prospect of Forbes getting any additional burn.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Now posted on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...indiana-pacers

INDIANAPOLIS -- A person close to the situation says the Toronto Raptors have agreed to send guards Leandro Barbosa and Anthony Carter to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

The person spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been finalized. The Pacers declined to comment.

Barbosa, from Brazil, has averaged 12.6 points per game in his nine-year career. He averaged 12.2 points per game this season as a reserve for the Raptors.

Carter has played in 24 games this season, averaging two points per game as a reserve. He has averaged four points per game in a career that began in 1999 with the Miami Heat.
                              There was some speculation that the pick coming back would have been a first if Barbosa would have agreed to a extend & trade. Drat!

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post
                                Not that anyone has really said anything other than speculate on trades but I'm a miss leandros funky shot, those long ass arms and his slippery, sneaky drives to the rim. He was fun to watch when he was into it, especially when he'd come in and carve up the opposition on nights where the rest of the duds on this team couldn't throw it in the ocean.

That being said, I'm happy with a low risk move like this. There'll be ballers in the second round of this draft and if you draft a dud, well, they're cheap to cut! And of course there is the value of adding a 2nd rounder to a TP. On the flip side, Barbosa was a game changer on more than a few nights. He'd come in hit a few and the energy level would soar and the momentum would shift in favour of the good guys. As a member of Team Tank I'm happy for the added lotto balls. As a fan though, I'm cringing at the prospect of Forbes getting any additional burn.
                                haha bi-polar is the theme of the Raptors season for many fans... cheer them on, while hoping for a hard fought loss! Yay! Boo! Yay! Booy! go ping pong balls go!

Comment

Working...
                                X