Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

    This one DEFINITELY gets its own thread:

    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    First Off: Michael Bay needs to STOP making movies. He's terrible.

    That said... I'm going to see this, and I will likely enjoy it.
    I did say that about Transformers, and I did for the most part, but this is so much bigger than that.

    You don't fuck with the Ninja Turtles.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    5,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    WHOA that looks fantastic
    Like a puppy- you mean like a baby dog?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Go ahead and watch the Original here:
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    First Off: Michael Bay needs to STOP making movies. He's terrible.

    That said... I'm going to see this, and I will likely enjoy it.
    I did say that about Transformers, and I did for the most part, but this is so much bigger than that.

    You don't fuck with the Ninja Turtles.
    Yeah, I'll be extremely upset if he ruins ninja turtles...

  6. Like ceez, Joey liked this post
  7. #6
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Secret of the Ooze here:
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    JOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a TMNT fan?!!?!?!?!? OMGGGG me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    proud to say i've watched the secret of the ooze and the origanal one and the other one (cartoon movie) and the whole 2003 series over and over again. ( haven't missed an episode of the 2013 ones either)

    My personal favourite is Leonardo I liked the 2003 animation better than the new one but Leo would always be my favourite <3
    loool still shocked you guys watch the ninja turtles
    :P
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    dat Atlantic division dominance

  9. Like Joey liked this post
  10. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    JOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a TMNT fan?!!?!?!?!? OMGGGG me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    proud to say i've watched the secret of the ooze and the origanal one and the other one (cartoon movie) and the whole 2003 series over and over again. ( haven't missed an episode of the 2013 ones either)

    My personal favourite is Leonardo I liked the 2003 animation better than the new one but Leo would always be my favourite <3
    loool still shocked you guys watch the ninja turtles
    :P
    I know nothing of the 2003 series, or the 2013 series, but hell ya I grew up a Ninja Turtles fan.
    This is the one I grew up on:

    circa 1987
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  11. Like Axel liked this post
  12. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I know nothing of the 2003 series, or the 2013 series, but hell ya I grew up a Ninja Turtles fan.
    This is the one I grew up on:

    circa 1987
    I watched a few episodes of these i just couldn't handle the shreder he wasn't even intimidating ... I could beat that guy up looool
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    dat Atlantic division dominance

  13. Like Joey liked this post
  14. #10
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apparently they made a movie where all the different incarnations of Ninja Turtles come together:


    I watched some ... its awesome... in a terrible kind of way.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  15. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Apparently they made a movie where all the different incarnations of Ninja Turtles come together:


    I watched some ... its awesome... in a terrible kind of way.
    yea this is the cartoon movie I was talking about...... why it's actually pretty good I like how they reunited loool
    I still love the story line of all the movies way better than cartoons these days man kids have been missing out on these guys..
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    dat Atlantic division dominance

  16. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MASSIVE Turtle fan as a kid. I hate Michael Bay's big budget movies, and Transformers was painful to watch, but I'm secretly hoping this movie is awesome (even if it's a bad kind of awesome. I'm not expecting a life-altering experience).

    Did any of you guys play the SNES/Genesis video games?

  17. Like Joey liked this post
  18. #13
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    MASSIVE Turtle fan as a kid. I hate Michael Bay's big budget movies, and Transformers was painful to watch, but I'm secretly hoping this movie is awesome (even if it's a bad kind of awesome. I'm not expecting a life-altering experience).

    Did any of you guys play the SNES/Genesis video games?
    Oh geezus... Lol

    Turtles in Time? Pretty sure I played that one so much it needed a 'blow' before every use!


    Not to mention I had one of these....


    Full of these crappy toys...



    If only I'd known how much they'd be worth... UGH.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  19. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very excited by this. Like others, wish it wasn't Michael Bay in charge.

    I still own my SNES cartridge of Turtles in Time (the SNES is hooked up in my computer room for retro gaming fun).

    TMNT were definately my favs as a kid. My cousin bought my daughter a TMNT beenie baby as a "birth gift". That's right, my 3 month old daughter has a Ninja Turtle!! So proud.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

  20. Like Joey liked this post
  21. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trailer looks awesome I gotta admit. I also loved the video game, but I don't think it was Turtles in Time, was there a game that preceeded that?

  22. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Trailer looks awesome I gotta admit. I also loved the video game, but I don't think it was Turtles in Time, was there a game that preceeded that?
    There was the NES game (hardest game of all time) and then the Arcade game that was released on home console (pretty sure it was just called TMNT the Arcade Game). Feel as though there might have been 1 more in there prior to Turtles in Time?
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

  23. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    There was the NES game (hardest game of all time) and then the Arcade game that was released on home console (pretty sure it was just called TMNT the Arcade Game). Feel as though there might have been 1 more in there prior to Turtles in Time?
    Yup, the greatest of the 8-bit TMNT games....The Manhattan Project. Like a better version of the arcade game.




  24. Like Joey, Axel liked this post
  25. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hopefully the movie will be a success and we'll get a new generation of GOOD TMNT games.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

  26. Like Joey liked this post
  27. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yeah, TMNT the Arcade game that was it. That was a great game.

  28. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Michael Bay, tho..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •