For tank nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For tank nation

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/18/the-future-is-always-now/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Have a read. Hopefully it puts some things into perspective. Anthony Davis could be KD or Sheldon Williams. It's tough to know how people will turn out. Draft this year, free agency and hopefully wins in the next year. We can't keep tanking. We have to win sometime

hold the press, are you saying draft prospects might NOT work out??
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
      http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/18/the-future-is-always-now/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Have a read. Hopefully it puts some things into perspective. Anthony Davis could be KD or Sheldon Williams. It's tough to know how people will turn out. Draft this year, free agency and hopefully wins in the next year. We can't keep tanking. We have to win sometime
      How do you win without talent? And how do you obtain talent in a market that isn't "desired" by free agents?

The draft is the only realistic answer...and the higher the pick, the better (obviously).

Comment

The current draft lottery system needs to be fixed in a big way. All this tanking is ultimately bad for business.

My fix (until I think of something better): All teams get one ball. The first 5 balls that come up are the first 5 picks and then picks 6 onward are determined by worst records. Every team plays to get into the playoffs, losing is not necessarily rewarded, tanking becomes a non issue.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          The current draft lottery system needs to be fixed in a big way. All this tanking is ultimately bad for business.

My fix (until I think of something better): All teams get one ball. The first 5 balls that come up are the first 5 picks and then picks 6 onward are determined by worst records. Every team plays to get into the playoffs, losing is not necessarily rewarded, tanking becomes a non issue.
          stretch, this could be a thread in itself, care to start it?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            How do you win without talent? And how do you obtain talent in a market that isn't "desired" by free agents?

The draft is the only realistic answer...and the higher the pick, the better (obviously).
            Most definitely. But i hope after this draft, we never ever draft in the Top 20 ever again.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              stretch, this could be a thread in itself, care to start it?
              I took your suggestion, thanks.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...lottery-system

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                hold the press, are you saying draft prospects might NOT work out??
                Hey, this is supposed to be over in the thread I started about Doug Smiths quote. :-)

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Top rookies this year, so far:
                  1. Kyrie Irving (drafted 1st)
                  2. Isaiah Thomas (drafted 60th)
                  3. Derrick Williams (drafted 3rd)
                  http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder

Kenneth Faried (22nd) and Marshon Brooks (25th) round out the top five.

2010 Draft (so far)
                  1 John Wall (1rst)
                  2. Greg Munroe (7th)
                  3. Demarcus Cousins (5th)

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post

2010 Draft (so far)
                    1 John Wall (1rst)
                    2. Greg Munroe (7th)

So only 4 of the 10 rookies drafted in the top 5 over the last two years are in the best 4 out of 8. Yeah, drafting position helps, but it's not the be all and end all, especially once you get past the first three or so.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post

2010 Draft (so far)
                      1 John Wall (1rst)
                      2. Greg Munroe (7th)

Nobody said rookies can transform a team overnight. It took Jordan 6 years to win a title.

Comment

Pivotal stretch coming up here. After last night's loss we have six in a row against playoff quality teams before we get the wiz and then step back into the fire against our new nemesis, the bobcats. This could be make or break for the draft. Forget that it's unpredictable and the 12th worst team could get first; the lower you are, the better chance you have of getting a top pick. I don't think we can realistically catch the bottom three (wiz, bobcats and hornets). We are however, only a couple of games away from 9th and that's a big spread from four. Keep in mind that in the worst case scenario, you can only drop 3 spots in the lottery and that's more likely to happen the later you pick (I think). 4th last gives us a pretty good shot at a top 5 pick. If we get on a roll, we could easily be looking at ten. Let's play hard and let the chips fall where they may...but hopefully logic prevails. Who knew that the last game of the season against new jersey would be so meaningful. Any chance butler gets a start?

Comment

Working...
                        X