Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping DeRozen means passing on Barnes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO although MKG doesn't have the most complete offensive game I find that there are some good offensive parts to his game i mean obviously the rebounding and passing but he is a pretty good slasher and pretty solid at posting up at the right time.
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
      Any teams (im thinking maybe Washington) That would rather have a 2 year old player like DD who is more ready to play now, then get another rookie?

After shipping out Mcgee and Young, they might actually bite.

Calderon
      Barnes
      MKG
      Bargs
      Val

This line up excites me...even if it takes a year for barnes and MKG to get their legs under them.

Bayless/ Forbes
      (crop of free agent SG pietrus/allen/ vet?) Forbes
      JJ/Kleiza
      Amir/ Kleiza
      Free agent Center(s) ( asik/gray)

not too bad for a bench if you ask me....plenty of versatility.

Comment

Another season of disappointment would be inexcusable. The raptors draft the best player available to them even if it means they take minutes off Andrea or Demar. Then we make moves in the free agency and trades. If we are not competing for playoff spot next year I will go mad. 4 top draft picks in Andrea, Jonas, Demar and MKG/Barnes/Beal means we have to stop making excuses and get there.

Comment

I'm still high on miller. He has soo much potential at the 3, I'm talking all star or maybe superstar. He can do a lot of things on the court. He extremely versatile and can handle the ball and be very effective in isolation situations. So when the game is on the line with 10 seconds left and the raptors down by 2 and Miller pulls up and drains the buzzer beater lol.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Quincy-Miller-5764/

check out what draft express has to say about him

Comment

Gilchrist

-Is the best perimeter defender, on the best defensive team in the NCAA.

-He's one of the best wing rebounders in college averaging 7.7 rpg

-Has good court vision/passing ability (possible point forward) averaging 2.1 apg

-Shooting .48 FG% as a 17/18yo freshman

-Averaging 13 ppg on 8 atpg as a 3rd option.

-76% from the FT, which means there's potential for his shot, though he's shooting .300 % from 3 (same as a 20yo freshman Wade).

-He's got all the intagibles you want in a player/leader.

-Biggest negative being his advanced handles.

Taking into consideration he's shown on occasion that he can break his man down with either his left or right. At 18 combined with the previous points made, he's clearly my top choice for the best wing in the draft for the mere fact that his weaknesses upon his broad strengths are correctable.

#1 MKG -18yo freshman
            #2 Barnes -20yo sophmore
            #3 Lamb -20yo sophmore

Watching Barnes/Lamb fail their teams the past couple games because their shot wasn't falling, I'm taking this time to remind those who are looking for offensive fit, that when Kentucky struggled against top competition, MKG has stood out as the teams best player & carried them to wins.

In the Indy loss dont know if you guys still remember it was a while ago Davis sat most the game with foul trouble, Jones disappeared & they lost the game on a last sec 3, by one point because MKG who can't create or shoot, carried them.

MKG impacts wins = my definition of a franchise player. Not someone who can create & score like Melo without impacting wins like he should.

Valanciunas-----/Amir
            Bargnani--------/Ed
            MKG--------/Johnson
            DeRozan------------/someone
            Nash-----------/Bayless

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
              Another season of disappointment would be inexcusable. The raptors draft the best player available to them even if it means they take minutes off Andrea or Demar. Then we make moves in the free agency and trades. If we are not competing for playoff spot next year I will go mad. 4 top draft picks in Andrea, Jonas, Demar and MKG/Barnes/Beal means we have to stop making excuses and get there.
              How do we define "disappointed" next season? I'm sure everyone will be aiming for the playoffs, but if the kids continue to show improvement, bust their asses all season, and fall just short of the 8th seed, I would feel encouraged going into the 2013-14 season.

If we do somehow end up with 3 lottery picks in training camp this September, it'll be hard to expect them to "get it" immediately. It might require another year before playoffs become the norm.

Comment

bounty wrote: View Post
                Gilchrist

-Is the best perimeter defender, on the best defensive team in the NCAA.

-He's one of the best wing rebounders in college averaging 7.7 rpg

-Has good court vision/passing ability (possible point forward) averaging 2.1 apg

-Shooting .48 FG% as a 17/18yo freshman

-Averaging 13 ppg on 8 atpg as a 3rd option.

-76% from the FT, which means there's potential for his shot, though he's shooting .300 % from 3 (same as a 20yo freshman Wade).

-He's got all the intagibles you want in a player/leader.

-Biggest negative being his advanced handles.

Taking into consideration he's shown on occasion that he can break his man down with either his left or right. At 18 combined with the previous points made, he's clearly my top choice for the best wing in the draft for the mere fact that his weaknesses upon his broad strengths are correctable.

#1 MKG -18yo freshman
                #2 Barnes -20yo sophmore
                #3 Lamb -20yo sophmore

Watching Barnes/Lamb fail their teams the past couple games because their shot wasn't falling, I'm taking this time to remind those who are looking for offensive fit, that when Kentucky struggled against top competition, MKG has stood out as the teams best player & carried them to wins.

In the Indy loss dont know if you guys still remember it was a while ago Davis sat most the game with foul trouble, Jones disappeared & they lost the game on a last sec 3, by one point because MKG who can't create or shoot, carried them.

MKG impacts wins = my definition of a franchise player. Not someone who can create & score like Melo without impacting wins like he should.

Valanciunas-----/Amir
                Bargnani--------/Ed
                MKG--------/Johnson
                DeRozan------------/someone
                Nash-----------/Bayless
                Solid points and for the record if we are able to draft MKG, I'd be equally excited, though at this point I'd prefer Beal and then Barnes because we seem to struggle with creating ofense when Calderon is out.

If though they went with MKG, I'd love to see MKG and JJ on the floor at the same time shutting down the opposing teams' wings with Val covering their backs.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                  IMO although MKG doesn't have the most complete offensive game I find that there are some good offensive parts to his game i mean obviously the rebounding and passing but he is a pretty good slasher and pretty solid at posting up at the right time.
                  Wade wasn't exactly known for his range. Gilchrist can improve his shot over time, what's important is he's good at everything else that matters. I wouldn't over look him because of his range.

He's the one carrying Kentucky, when everyone else disappears. Stats can't do that fact justice.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    I think you go for Barnes if he is still on the board. This guy was projected to go 1st about 6 months ago, and has all star potential you don't pass up on that.

MKG looks like a great pick too, but the way he is described reminds me too much of a ... role player. We have JJ to play defense at the 3 for us.

Keep derozan unless we are packaging him with Davis for an upgrade at the 2.
                    And yet he has fallen to 5th on Chad Ford/ESPN mock draft and 6th on DraftExpress.com.

The all-star potential is debatable - but you can put that tag on just about any high draft pick in the year of their draft.

Barnes seems to be very one-dimensional in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Barnes seems to be very one-dimensional in my opinion.
                      This is my beef with him exactly. he's a good scorer but even then its mostly just jumpshooting, he's not even particularly good at creating off the dribble.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        This is my beef with him exactly. he's a good scorer but even then its mostly just jumpshooting, he's not even particularly good at creating off the dribble.
                        Yup, me too. My fear is that we use a top 5 pick on Jason Kapono...

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Solid points and for the record if we are able to draft MKG, I'd be equally excited, though at this point I'd prefer Beal and then Barnes because we seem to struggle with creating ofense when Calderon is out.

If though they went with MKG, I'd love to see MKG and JJ on the floor at the same time shutting down the opposing teams' wings with Val covering their backs.
                          Thanks for that
                          I'm high on Gilchrist because of his attitude & overall game, he would be a 6'7" SG/SF who plays lock down defence,

Barnes hasn't exactly shown the ability to create off the dribble or create his own offence but he has range thats why he has kendall Marshall there helping him out.

Comment

bounty wrote: View Post
                            Thanks for that
                            I'm high on Gilchrist because of his attitude & overall game, he would be a 6'7" SG/SF who plays lock down defence,

Barnes hasn't exactly shown the ability to create off the dribble or create his own offence but he has range thats why he has kendall Marshall there helping him out.
                            If Marshall does not play this week, which is a big possibility, then Barnes might have a make or break weekend in terms of his draft stock. A good weekend minus Marshall could put him back in the top 3 talk. A bad weekend is nearly certain to put him in the 5-8 talk. Brad Beal's stock is currently rising fast. Chad Ford has him at #4.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              If Marshall does not play this week, which is a big possibility, then Barnes might have a make or break weekend in terms of his draft stock. A good weekend minus Marshall could put him back in the top 3 talk. A bad weekend is nearly certain to put him in the 5-8 talk. Brad Beal's stock is currently rising fast. Chad Ford has him at #4.
                              Yes its a make or break game with Barnes and i think he will break with out his good buddy Marshall

Comment

Kansas, Indiana, UNC, Luisville, Tennesse. All his best performances have come against ranked teams & tougher competition.

Against Indiana Davis spent the game in foul trouble while Jones struggled to find his offense, MKG carried the team to a 1 point loss

Against UNC MKG outplayed Barnes who found himself in early foul trouble

Against Tennesse he was the last example of him stepping his game up when it matters.

I didn't comment on Knasas/Luisville because it's not fresh on my memory & I don't want to give false information but what I do know is that he stepped up in those games aswell.

Comment

Working...
                                X