Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: March 20 - New York Quitters

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did Calderon play amazing no. Did the Raptors no. Bayless got injured, probably would have played 18 tonight. Calderon is the better player. There is no way you can blame Calderon is the reason for this loss. Bayless wouldn't have changed much. It comes down to rebounds and their bigs out playing ours.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    100 percent agree. anyone that watched the game can see they ran better with bayless. He was putting up 29 and 7.5 assits. with very litle turnovers. more boards, steals and better defense then jose.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pretty embarrassing game.

    I hope Casey runs them to the ground in practice.

    Bargnani is nearly back to his old self:
    1) post up more
    2) bend your knees on your shot and don't jump backwards.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I expect everyone to jump all over Calderon the next 5 games...Vs. NY twice, Chicago twice and Orlando... I'm prepared for ridiculous comparisons.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Did Calderon play amazing no. Did the Raptors no. Bayless got injured, probably would have played 18 tonight. Calderon is the better player. There is no way you can blame Calderon is the reason for this loss. Bayless wouldn't have changed much. It comes down to rebounds and their bigs out playing ours.
    K K K . I get it your a huge calderon fan boy. I like the guy too but you cant over look bayless last 4 games. Jose played so bad tonight on DEFENSE ... again on DEFENSE . yes the ofensive stats were okay but the gaurds had a heleva day with jose tonight.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This what happens when you cut off the head of the snake defensively. Its not all Jose's fault but he definately didn't help.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya, he played pretty terribly. Just not as aggressive as he was at the beginning of the season.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This what happens when you cut off the head of the snake defensively. Its not all Jose's fault but he definately didn't help.
    I love when a guy watches 5 minutes of a game and has critiques

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Clearly people have forgotten with Bayless starting the Raptors lost to the Bobcats and Nets (minus Lopez and Williams).

    The Raptors have lost to those teams with Jose starting too.

    The Raptors are a bad team who will get blown out if they don't come out ready to fight on every possession - which is what has made them tolerable and worth rooting for this year. Good evidence of the importance of fight was seen tonight.

    New York are playing great ball right now - as much as I hate those f'ers. The better team won and they deserve their credit - sadly.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Actually I'm not a Calderon fanboy. I've suggested moving on, but Bayless is definitely not the answer. Calderon is by far the better PG. Bayless is better at defence, but I'll take Calderon's deficiencies on defence over Bayless's PG abilities any day of the week.

    I get it you guys love Bayless... I simply don't agree with your opinion.

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What is all this great defense of Bayless about anyways?

    The Raptors have given up on average over 100 points the last 5 games before tonight: 105 vs. Milwaukee, 88 vs CLE, 98 vs NJ, 110 vs MEM, and 107 vs Charlotte.


    Basketball is a team game - especially on defense. Look at the scores of the last 8-10 games, it is clear Casey needs to do a back to basics practice again regardless of who is starting.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I love when a guy watches 5 minutes of a game and has critiques
    I'm going by what the consensus of the thread is. When you see 18 n 10 on .662 from the field what are going to think? Lets be honest it's Jose its not a surprise. You said the bigs killed us that happens off penetration. 15 off rebound how does that usualling happen penetration and bigs have to rotate which leave the off glass wideopen but, that's not Jose's fault cause Lin only missed 3 SHOTS! Like said PG is the most important part on defense and we extremely subpar at that position tonigt.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Ya, he played pretty terribly. Just not as aggressive as he was at the beginning of the season.
    LOL now you say he played terrible. I said that the whole time ... Gzzzz

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chr1s1anl wrote: View Post
    i'm going by what the consensus of the thread is. When you see 18 n 10 on .662 from the field what are going to think? Lets be honest it's jose its not a surprise. You said the bigs killed us that happens off penetration. 15 off rebound how does that usualling happen penetration and bigs have to rotate which leave the off glass wideopen but, that's not jose's fault cause lin only missed 3 shots! Like said pg is the most important part on defense and we extremely subpar at that position tonigt.
    agreed +10000

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    LOL now you say he played terrible. I said that the whole time ... Gzzzz
    I was talking about Bargnani. Keep up!

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Glad I didn't catch this game

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    So, are we better than Vegas thinks we are? Make the call before gametime...do we cover the 9 point spread? I say we do.
    I recant.

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bayless should definitely have had more minutes before he was hurt, you have to reward great play and see how far you can ride the hot streak. In fact, I think he should've started tonight while Calderon would come in off the bench. Calderon didn't play well at all, and in fact there was a point in the game (as Bayless got hurt, after that the game blew-up) where Calderon was -17, and Bayless was +1, no one else was positive, but no one else had less than -10. Calderon had some assists, but seemed slow, forced his shot, and couldn't catch up to Lin the entire game.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Bayless should definitely have had more minutes before he was hurt, you have to reward great play and see how far you can ride the hot streak. In fact, I think he should've started tonight while Calderon would come in off the bench. Calderon didn't play well at all, and in fact there was a point in the game (as Bayless got hurt, after that the game blew-up) where Calderon was -17, and Bayless was +1, no one else was positive, but no one else had less than -10. Calderon had some assists, but seemed slow, forced his shot, and couldn't catch up to Lin the entire game.
    Thank you

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Bayless should definitely have had more minutes before he was hurt, you have to reward great play and see how far you can ride the hot streak. In fact, I think he should've started tonight while Calderon would come in off the bench. Calderon didn't play well at all, and in fact there was a point in the game (as Bayless got hurt, after that the game blew-up) where Calderon was -17, and Bayless was +1, no one else was positive, but no one else had less than -10. Calderon had some assists, but seemed slow, forced his shot, and couldn't catch up to Lin the entire game.
    And how did Bayless play upon his return from ankle injury?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •