No announcement yet.

March 20 - New York Quitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This what happens when you cut off the head of the snake defensively. Its not all Jose's fault but he definately didn't help.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Ya, he played pretty terribly. Just not as aggressive as he was at the beginning of the season.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        This what happens when you cut off the head of the snake defensively. Its not all Jose's fault but he definately didn't help.
        I love when a guy watches 5 minutes of a game and has critiques

Comment

Clearly people have forgotten with Bayless starting the Raptors lost to the Bobcats and Nets (minus Lopez and Williams).

The Raptors have lost to those teams with Jose starting too.

The Raptors are a bad team who will get blown out if they don't come out ready to fight on every possession - which is what has made them tolerable and worth rooting for this year. Good evidence of the importance of fight was seen tonight.

New York are playing great ball right now - as much as I hate those f'ers. The better team won and they deserve their credit - sadly.

Comment

Actually I'm not a Calderon fanboy. I've suggested moving on, but Bayless is definitely not the answer. Calderon is by far the better PG. Bayless is better at defence, but I'll take Calderon's deficiencies on defence over Bayless's PG abilities any day of the week.

I get it you guys love Bayless... I simply don't agree with your opinion.

Comment

What is all this great defense of Bayless about anyways?

The Raptors have given up on average over 100 points the last 5 games before tonight: 105 vs. Milwaukee, 88 vs CLE, 98 vs NJ, 110 vs MEM, and 107 vs Charlotte.

Basketball is a team game - especially on defense. Look at the scores of the last 8-10 games, it is clear Casey needs to do a back to basics practice again regardless of who is starting.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I love when a guy watches 5 minutes of a game and has critiques
                I'm going by what the consensus of the thread is. When you see 18 n 10 on .662 from the field what are going to think? Lets be honest it's Jose its not a surprise. You said the bigs killed us that happens off penetration. 15 off rebound how does that usualling happen penetration and bigs have to rotate which leave the off glass wideopen but, that's not Jose's fault cause Lin only missed 3 SHOTS! Like said PG is the most important part on defense and we extremely subpar at that position tonigt.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Ya, he played pretty terribly. Just not as aggressive as he was at the beginning of the season.
                  LOL now you say he played terrible. I said that the whole time ... Gzzzz

Comment

chr1s1anl wrote: View Post
                    i'm going by what the consensus of the thread is. When you see 18 n 10 on .662 from the field what are going to think? Lets be honest it's jose its not a surprise. You said the bigs killed us that happens off penetration. 15 off rebound how does that usualling happen penetration and bigs have to rotate which leave the off glass wideopen but, that's not jose's fault cause lin only missed 3 shots! Like said pg is the most important part on defense and we extremely subpar at that position tonigt.
                    agreed +10000

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      LOL now you say he played terrible. I said that the whole time ... Gzzzz
                      I was talking about Bargnani. Keep up!

Comment

Glad I didn't catch this game
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          So, are we better than Vegas thinks we are? Make the call before gametime...do we cover the 9 point spread? I say we do.
                          I recant.

Comment

Bayless should definitely have had more minutes before he was hurt, you have to reward great play and see how far you can ride the hot streak. In fact, I think he should've started tonight while Calderon would come in off the bench. Calderon didn't play well at all, and in fact there was a point in the game (as Bayless got hurt, after that the game blew-up) where Calderon was -17, and Bayless was +1, no one else was positive, but no one else had less than -10. Calderon had some assists, but seemed slow, forced his shot, and couldn't catch up to Lin the entire game.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Bayless should definitely have had more minutes before he was hurt, you have to reward great play and see how far you can ride the hot streak. In fact, I think he should've started tonight while Calderon would come in off the bench. Calderon didn't play well at all, and in fact there was a point in the game (as Bayless got hurt, after that the game blew-up) where Calderon was -17, and Bayless was +1, no one else was positive, but no one else had less than -10. Calderon had some assists, but seemed slow, forced his shot, and couldn't catch up to Lin the entire game.
                              Thank you

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                And how did Bayless play upon his return from ankle injury?

Comment

Working...
                                X