Thread: US Media recognIzing improvements

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default US Media recognIzing improvements

@ZachLowe_SI: The Raptors ranked 25th in defensive rebounding rate last season. They are 3rd, on the verge of 1st, right now.

Chalk one up for Dwane Casey and his staff lighting a fire under these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

pretty amazing stat considering what we're used to over all these years. raps have always been abysmal at drafting (as a team) for as long as i can remember.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that is an amazing stat, but its in exact contrast to last year where we were a top 5 Offensive rebounding team and pace team but are both bottom 5 this year. The one thing that's missing from last year to this year is fast break points, or the lack there of.

Also, rebounding is overrated..the best pace and rebounding team last year was the Timberwovles, who finished dead last in the league.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Usually I don't care what these guys think. Most U.S. media obviously don't watch Raptors games so they're not worth paying attention to because they don't know close to as much about the Raptors as people on this board. There, that's my mini rant of the week.

For this, I will pay attention. There is no "insight" given. Just a pure stat.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    that is an amazing stat, but its in exact contrast to last year where we were a top 5 Offensive rebounding team and pace team but are both bottom 5 this year. The one thing that's missing from last year to this year is fast break points, or the lack there of.

Also, rebounding is overrated..the best pace and rebounding team last year was the Timberwovles, who finished dead last in the league.
    casey has said time and time again that as the defense improves the fast break points will start to show up more and more. our offensive rebounding numbers should go up with a legit center next season as well.

Thread Information