Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If picking at #5...

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    In this scenario with Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal and Robinson off the board I would draft Drummond and look to trade one of either Davis or Amir along with Derozan to New Orleans for Eric Gordon. But really I would love to take PJ3.

eric gordon is a dont want for me. id rather throw money at oj mayo or work a deal with the grizz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    *This will be moved to Draft in a couple of days*

Personally, I don't think any decisions can be made.

The standard line is take the best player available and work out the rest of the roster later - and I agree with that mentality.

Given the unknowns of who will return (Bayless?), possible trades (anyone!), and free agent targets with the roster plus not knowing who will be available at the hypothetical 5-spot, I'm content to wait impatiently until the draft order is at least confirmed.

Sorry - don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.
    i dont think you can be a debbie downer if you're a dude. try donald downer or... wait... dick downer. apologies, couldn't help myself.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

In this scenario with Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal and Robinson off the board I would draft Drummond and look to trade one of either Davis or Amir along with Derozan to New Orleans for Eric Gordon. But really I would love to take PJ3.
    Was going to point this out earlier with the main post but if we are picking 5th it is impossible that Davis, Barnes, Beal, Robinson, and MKG are all taken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Was going to point this out earlier with the main post but if we are picking 5th it is impossible that Davis, Barnes, Beal, Robinson, and MKG are all taken.
    He might have been anticipating that they don't all declare. Either way, outside Davis there is no guarantee that the rest of them are better than the guy who goes #8 in this draft.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    eric gordon is a dont want for me. id rather throw money at oj mayo or work a deal with the grizz
    Is it because you're not a fan of Gordon's game or fear of him being injury prone? Their stats are pretty similar with Gordon being a more efficient and better scorer.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like Bargnani, if we were to pick another top PF, I would look at moving Bargs. For the right return of course. A young core of Drummond, JV, Ed Davis and Amir would be awesome. Although there would not be much offence lol. Maybe someone would improve that part of their game over the summer. I think Drummond would be my pick at 5 if those guys are gone.

The other option is Lamb if he has great individual workouts, I think we'll see other guys move up during that period. In that case I would be looking for DeMar to make the transition to SF. Also their will be more movement as the tourney continues.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure they'd look to move Andrea if Drummond is drafted. Like JV, he's going to need at least a few years of growth. They'd be better of keeping Andrea in this case and letting him solidify his status as an elite big man scoring threat... And potentially solid defender/rebounder.

Giving two rookie bigmen big minutes at the same time seems like a bad idea right out of the gate. I think one of Ed or Amir is out and if they take a big then eventually Andrea could be out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure they'd look to move Andrea if Drummond is drafted. Like JV, he's going to need at least a few years of growth. They'd be better of keeping Andrea in this case and letting him solidify his status as an elite big man scoring threat... And potentially solid defender/rebounder.

Giving two rookie bigmen big minutes at the same time seems like a bad idea right out of the gate. I think one of Ed or Amir is out and if they take a big then eventually Andrea could be out.
    Kanter and Favors are a good example of this - and Favors is not a rookie.

Also, I am far from sold on Drummond. 270 pounds from a young age on those knees would be a concern for me - nevermind his disappearing act for UCONN at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it because you're not a fan of Gordon's game or fear of him being injury prone? Their stats are pretty similar with Gordon being a more efficient and better scorer.
    injuries. he is a good to great player but i would rather pass and let someone else gamble on the large contract i think he will go after.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I am far from sold on Drummond. 270 pounds from a young age on those knees would be a concern for me - nevermind his disappearing act for UCONN at times.
    agreed on drummond. and i don't think he would even be bpa in any situation for me.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think at #5, Beal will be in play - and could likely be the best available (depending on who pulls a "Tristan" and reaches for a selection ahead of us). Even if Drummond pulls out, Davis - Barnes - MKG - Robinson ... maybe even Sullinger or Lamb could all go ahead of Beal.

He would push Demar, and may end up taking his starting role - if he's still in town.

The final brilliance of the draft will be when BC snags Kabongo with a later pick.

"We're hearing FR Texas PG Myck Kabongo is leaning toward leaving for the NBA, despite being a likely 2nd rounder according to scouts."

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=nbadraftnet

With the help of two 2nd rounders, several young PF's, and cap space - we can get the late 1st rounder it may take to get Myck.

Jose/Myck
    Beal/Demar/Forbes
    Johnson/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Davis
    Jonas/Gray/Magloire

Scary part is, that roster doesn't even reflect the impact of our $10-20M in cap space. SF or PG upgrades? Who knows.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Drummond's draft positioning will be highly dependent on workouts. I expect that if he wows with his size and athleticism and shows some motor in workouts, he will be a solid 2-4 on many teams' boards. Remember how Biyombo shot up the rankings last year, even though he showed very little offensive skill? He was drafted on his physical attributes, athleticism and enthusiasm. No matter where the Raptors draft, it will be good for them if Drummond impresses GMs and scouts during the pre-draft workouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if anything I wouldn't be surprised if Colangelo moves Amir or Ed and brings in a tough as nails older big man. Bringing back Reggie Evans would be smart. Having a guy like that setting the tone for JV in practice and in games(or on the bench) would be very valuable.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the idea is to dismiss the idea of trading up, but out of curiosity.. If we landed the #3 selection and had the opportunity to trade our pick + Ed Davis to draft Anthony Davis would you do it? How high is everybody on him? Personally, I'd do it in a heart beat, but I've been wrong before... Once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    I know the idea is to dismiss the idea of trading up, but out of curiosity.. If we landed the #3 selection and had the opportunity to trade our pick + Ed Davis to draft Anthony Davis would you do it? How high is everybody on him? Personally, I'd do it in a heart beat, but I've been wrong before... Once.
    Yes!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Between Andrea's blank stare with mouth open, and Davis' unibrow we would undoubtedly have the smallest casual female fanbase in all of basketball.

Post Thanks / Like

It's like he has Tom Selleck's mustache on his brow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    My only hesitation in saying, "YES!" would be saying, "Um, what was that?" to be sure I heard correctly followed by a, "Just hold on one second so I can talk to Steffi." to allow me time to do my happy dance and let out a huge, "Thank you, Jesus." which would be promptly followed by, "Sorry about that. Yeah, I think we can do that deal."

Post Thanks / Like

It would be like tripping into a mountain of gold two consecutive years.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess my question was, "How far has Anthony Davis separated himself from the pack?"
    It appears he is at least Ed Davis better than any other selection. What if we substituted Ed Davis with Demar Derozan? Would you go that far??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information