No announcement yet.

If picking at #5...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that kapono might be a bit too far in the spot up shooter side but with barnes i really think it will be hard for him to create his own shot consistently in the nba. i also think carmello is a much more proficient scorer than barnes can be. i saw in another thread a comparison with glen rice and i think that is fair or someone like hornacek. good complimentary player

Comment

Trade down and get Marshall/Lillard and piece/other pick.

Comment

They don't need two lesser prospects. They should stand pat or try to move up. There is enough inexperienced, raw talent on the roster. They need to concentrate the talent. They're far more likely to start accomplishing that by drafting at their current likely spot.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          They don't need two lesser prospects. They should stand pat or try to move up. There is enough inexperienced, raw talent on the roster. They need to concentrate the talent. They're far more likely to start accomplishing that by drafting at their current likely spot.
          In that scenario I would say Beal.

Comment

In this scenario with Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal and Robinson off the board I would draft Drummond and look to trade one of either Davis or Amir along with Derozan to New Orleans for Eric Gordon. But really I would love to take PJ3.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              In this scenario with Davis, Barnes, MKG, Beal and Robinson off the board I would draft Drummond and look to trade one of either Davis or Amir along with Derozan to New Orleans for Eric Gordon. But really I would love to take PJ3.

eric gordon is a dont want for me. id rather throw money at oj mayo or work a deal with the grizz

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                *This will be moved to Draft in a couple of days*

Personally, I don't think any decisions can be made.

The standard line is take the best player available and work out the rest of the roster later - and I agree with that mentality.

Given the unknowns of who will return (Bayless?), possible trades (anyone!), and free agent targets with the roster plus not knowing who will be available at the hypothetical 5-spot, I'm content to wait impatiently until the draft order is at least confirmed.

Sorry - don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.
                i dont think you can be a debbie downer if you're a dude. try donald downer or... wait... dick downer. apologies, couldn't help myself.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Was going to point this out earlier with the main post but if we are picking 5th it is impossible that Davis, Barnes, Beal, Robinson, and MKG are all taken.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Was going to point this out earlier with the main post but if we are picking 5th it is impossible that Davis, Barnes, Beal, Robinson, and MKG are all taken.
                    He might have been anticipating that they don't all declare. Either way, outside Davis there is no guarantee that the rest of them are better than the guy who goes #8 in this draft.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      eric gordon is a dont want for me. id rather throw money at oj mayo or work a deal with the grizz
                      Is it because you're not a fan of Gordon's game or fear of him being injury prone? Their stats are pretty similar with Gordon being a more efficient and better scorer.

Comment

As much as I like Bargnani, if we were to pick another top PF, I would look at moving Bargs. For the right return of course. A young core of Drummond, JV, Ed Davis and Amir would be awesome. Although there would not be much offence lol. Maybe someone would improve that part of their game over the summer. I think Drummond would be my pick at 5 if those guys are gone.

The other option is Lamb if he has great individual workouts, I think we'll see other guys move up during that period. In that case I would be looking for DeMar to make the transition to SF. Also their will be more movement as the tourney continues.

Comment

I'm not sure they'd look to move Andrea if Drummond is drafted. Like JV, he's going to need at least a few years of growth. They'd be better of keeping Andrea in this case and letting him solidify his status as an elite big man scoring threat... And potentially solid defender/rebounder.

Giving two rookie bigmen big minutes at the same time seems like a bad idea right out of the gate. I think one of Ed or Amir is out and if they take a big then eventually Andrea could be out.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure they'd look to move Andrea if Drummond is drafted. Like JV, he's going to need at least a few years of growth. They'd be better of keeping Andrea in this case and letting him solidify his status as an elite big man scoring threat... And potentially solid defender/rebounder.

Giving two rookie bigmen big minutes at the same time seems like a bad idea right out of the gate. I think one of Ed or Amir is out and if they take a big then eventually Andrea could be out.
                            Kanter and Favors are a good example of this - and Favors is not a rookie.

Also, I am far from sold on Drummond. 270 pounds from a young age on those knees would be a concern for me - nevermind his disappearing act for UCONN at times.

Comment

Is it because you're not a fan of Gordon's game or fear of him being injury prone? Their stats are pretty similar with Gordon being a more efficient and better scorer.
                              injuries. he is a good to great player but i would rather pass and let someone else gamble on the large contract i think he will go after.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Kanter and Favors are a good example of this - and Favors is not a rookie.

Also, I am far from sold on Drummond. 270 pounds from a young age on those knees would be a concern for me - nevermind his disappearing act for UCONN at times.
                                agreed on drummond. and i don't think he would even be bpa in any situation for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X