Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If picking at #5...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    I guess my question was, "How far has Anthony Davis separated himself from the pack?"
    It appears he is at least Ed Davis better than any other selection. What if we substituted Ed Davis with Demar Derozan? Would you go that far??
    YES!

Anthony Davis is a franchise talent. He has separated himself from the pack by a very, very large margin. The only thing that is going to hurt him is if something is found in his medical.

He is going to be that good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
    I guess my question was, "How far has Anthony Davis separated himself from the pack?"
    It appears he is at least Ed Davis better than any other selection. What if we substituted Ed Davis with Demar Derozan? Would you go that far??
    Is Davis worth a top-5 pick and a player like Ed Davis or DeRozan? I would think so.

To continue that logic, if the Raptors did trade DeRozan for him, they would then be able to trade 2 of Bargnani/Ed/Amir, in addition to their 2 2nd round picks, possibly Bayless, future 1st round picks and all their cap space, to acquire a wing to replace DeRozan, all without significantly hurting their overall team depth.

It is that whole "domino effect" why I sometimes hate discussing individual trades proposals as though they exist in a vacuum.

Having said that, I seriously doubt the Raptors would have any strong desire to proactively seek out a trade for the #1 pick if they wind up with a top-5 pick. Having Valanciunas, Bargnani and at least one of Ed/Amir on board long-term, they are pretty strong in the C/PF positions. I think BC would be quite happy using the top-5 pick to seriously improve the wing (SF/SG) position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    YES!

Anthony Davis is a franchise talent. He has separated himself from the pack by a very, very large margin. The only thing that is going to hurt him is if something is found in his medical.

He is going to be that good.
    Agreed but it doesn't make sense to offer up DD instead of Ed unless the other team asks for DD. Also I think you're probably looking at the #5, Ed PLUS DD to get the job done or the #5 and Bargnani...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Agreed but it doesn't make sense to offer up DD instead of Ed unless the other team asks for DD. Also I think you're probably looking at the #5, Ed PLUS DD to get the job done or the #5 and Bargnani...
    Do it.

AD plus JV minus $10M in cap space from Bargnani?

Do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd jump on that SO fast

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys honestly see Anthony Davis as a PF or SF? I question if he'll fill out enough to handle the pounding at PF, and feel he's more equipped for the #3 spot and can help pick the slack up for Bargnani in the rebound department... And as for regarding the question I say Beal over Drummond

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    Do you guys honestly see Anthony Davis as a PF or SF? I question if he'll fill out enough to handle the pounding at PF, and feel he's more equipped for the #3 spot and can help pick the slack up for Bargnani in the rebound department... And as for regarding the question I say Beal over Drummond
    The same comments were said about JV last year. He just turned 19 2 weeks ago. He'll fill out in time - never mind the fact he grew 8 inches a year and a half ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    Long term it doesn't really matter because that will sort itself out and changes to the roster can be made to accommodate him at either position. Personally I think he's a PF.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if we're number 5 and barnes, MKG, Drummond, and AD are off the board we choose Miller!

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    if we're number 5 and barnes, MKG, Drummond, and AD are off the board we choose Miller!
    Beal.

Post Thanks / Like

im not a fan of beal he doesn't look like a franchise changing SG

Post Thanks / Like

im not a fan of beal he doesn't look like a franchise changing SG
    Neither does Demar, I mean Demar may be an all-star, but nothing more IMO. James Johnson is compared to Gerald Wallace, Gerald Wallace isn't a franchise changing player.

I have four guys I want to go after in order, and that is MKG, Beal, Barnes, Lamb. These are the best IMO in terms of BPA & need.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the draft isn't so strong in terms of the point guards, and we have Bargnani followed by Ed & Amir, plus JV coming in this Summer, the wing is the number one thing that needs to be addressed.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    ...Anthony Davis Undecided On Draft http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...cided_On_Draft
    Maybe Davis is worried the Raptors will be picking #1. Somebody tell him he could be team mates with JV.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

5th pick is waaaaaaay too high to use on Miller.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    5th pick is waaaaaaay too high to use on Miller.
    if miller never got injured he'd be top 5 easy. Theres no argument there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Neither does Demar, I mean Demar may be an all-star, but nothing more IMO. James Johnson is compared to Gerald Wallace, Gerald Wallace isn't a franchise changing player.

I have four guys I want to go after in order, and that is MKG, Beal, Barnes, Lamb. These are the best IMO in terms of BPA & need.
    Then that really changes nothing. The only way i would want to draft an SG again is if he's got franchise player written all over him. If beal was like D wade 2.0 then i'd draft him in a second but he doesn't have that athleticism.

Post Thanks / Like

Then that really changes nothing. The only way i would want to draft an SG again is if he's got franchise player written all over him. If beal was like D wade 2.0 then i'd draft him in a second but he doesn't have that athleticism.
    Those are my top 4 players in terms of Draft BPA/Need, but I do agree, I prefer not to draft a shooting guard, and go after a small forward instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Draft a SG.
    Sign a free agent PG.
    Sign and trade for a SF.

That was easy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information