Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
Of those players listed, the only one with passing ability and point guard skills meeting or exceeding Kabongo is Marshall.

Kabongo is a fast, pass-first point guard who needs to work on his shot - much like Marshall minus the speed and athleticism.

The rest of those guys are point guards who need to work on their passing - which is a common theme in the NBA.

Give me Marshall and Kabongo over the rest - and I'm actually trying to be objective on Kabongo.

BTW, NBA.com has their first mock draft with Kabongo at #27.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1
I would agree - I would take Marshall or Kabongo ahead of any of the others mentioned. But according to reports Damian Lillard is going to be the first 'PG' taken in the 2012 Draft, with Marshall the next to follow.

This means that Kabongo could be competing with Tony Wroten Jr. and Tyshawn Taylor for the next PG off the board. Even NBA.com has Wroten being drafted before Kabongo (only by 2 spots, but still).

Also, just because their is a lack of PG depth in the draft, does not necessarily mean that every PG's stock will rise. Teams could still look to fill other needs, especially due to the number of PGs that have been taken in recent years.

This all being said, unless he wows during workouts it seems his ceiling in the draft is probably early-to-mid-20's?