Second Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Round

Seeing as the same names come up over and over for our lottery pick. I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone sees any diamonds in the rough, a legit second round pick that could be a significant role player 3 - 5 years out.

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Interestingly enough this mock has Kabongo going to us in the second round. I must say though if we hold onto both second rounders I fully support going after Sacre and Kabongo for some legit basketball reasons as well as it would be nice to have some Canadians playing for Canada's team. I could see Kabongo developing into a strong backup PG and Sacre being a fourth big possibly scraping for 3rd big minutes.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Brady Heslip.

Could turn into a JJ Reddick type.

Or Laurent Rivard.
    Taller, more athletic version of Heslip.

Both Canadian.

Comment

I was just reading up on him today Heslip that is
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Toronto will for sure be aware of Heslip as well seeing as he is Jay Triano's nephew

Comment

Ha ha, nice current projections by nbadraft.net, i would be really happy if that happen. Quincy Miller on our 35th pick and Myck Kabongo on 52th Maybe Drummond isn't that guy i want to see the Raptors select by their first round pick.
          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Brady Heslip.

Could turn into a JJ Reddick type.

Or Laurent Rivard.
            Taller, more athletic version of Heslip.

Both Canadian.
            Isnt Reddick quite a bit taller? Whatever happened to the Jimmer? They are closer I think.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Isnt Reddick quite a bit taller? Whatever happened to the Jimmer? They are closer I think.
              Reddicks listed at 6'4", but he was listed closer to 6'2" in college if I recall correctly.
              Brady is a lights out shooter, but doesn't look to dominate like Jimmer did. I'd say Heslip is one of the smartest players in the NCAA. He just makes good decisions, and shoots the ball REALLY well.

Comment

Draymond Green, Michigan State.

I think he might fall out of the 1st round because he's a tweener
                but the man can ball and has really developed his gme

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                  Draymond Green, Michigan State.

I think he might fall out of the 1st round because he's a tweener
                  but the man can ball and has really developed his gme
                  He's smaller than James Johnson, and plays nearly the exact same game.
                  I love green, but we already have a better version of himself on the team. Lol

Comment

Second rounder + Raptors = end of career or play outside of the NBA.

Comment

Scoop Jackson - he's a mature pass first PG with strong leadership qualities. He should also be available late in the 2nd round. Most of the guys you've mentioned won't go into the draft. Why would they leave college for a non guaranteed contract? Either that, or trade both second rounders for a late first.

Comment

IF, only if the Raps keep their picks (I don't expect this to happen), they should go after Tornike Shengelia, a '91 PF out of Geogria with a great season with Belgarum Spirou in the Euroleague. Great size, good lenght and solid basketball IQ. He could torn into a solid rotation player right away (the kind of production Ed Davis is puting for us)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...hengelia-5533/

Comment

I'm a big fan of Royce white from Iowa state. Plays a point forward style. They use him to initiate their offense and the man does it quite well. He's probably a poor man Drummond green, but hes fun to watch. might fly under your radar..check him out if you haven't already.
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Royce White is not going to fall out of the first round. That guy's simply too good and too talented.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                              Royce White is not going to fall out of the first round. That guy's simply too good and too talented.
                              The big question mark with him is his mental stability, he has an anxiety disorder and teams will have to see if taking the chance on a guaranteed first round contract is worth the risk. I see him as a Boris Diaw type player, a point power forward.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X