No announcement yet.

Second Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect absolutely nothing from the 2nd round picks. I anticipate that they'll disappear quickly, never to be heard of again. This is why I'd much rather them be packaged with a player or money to try and land a mid 1st rounder or to be moved for a prospect who's had at least a little time to show something in the pros.

I will say this, the 2nd round isn't a place to be safe. You want to take the guys with the flags. Why? Because chances are the pick is a throw away and if you're going to throw it away you might as well do it on a "1st round talent if only such and such was different" type of player. Then you bring them in and if they make the team you might have at least a trading asset worth a lot more than the lousy 2nd round pick.

Comment

Jordan Taylor PG, Senior out of Wisconsin can be a solid back up point guard.

Comment

Casey had said that he didn't want too many rookies on his team next year - but take that with a grain of salt since he also said that he expected the Raps to be quiet at the trade deadline.

I think the Raps might use their 2nd round pick. It is actually going to be a fairly decent pick at 34-37 and guys can fall pretty rapidly in a draft like this one. If we can land a guy like Andrew Nicholson I think that would be a great pickup.

Draftexpress in their latest mock draft has us getting Fab Melo.. may be a bit dumb academically but he lead Syracuse to the #1 seed. That would be another sweet pickup.

I think the 2nd rounder should go to BPA - and in this draft I think it will be a good pickup.

Now that Indiana pick would just be pointless in my opinion unless we can package it up some how. If we do use that pick, I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan went out and got an International (non NCAA) talent for that pick.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Jordan Taylor PG, Senior out of Wisconsin can be a solid back up point guard.
          im on board. i love me some seniors. throwing a loop here but of all the reasons i to hate vince i applauded and respected that he went back to school. i thought it was the right message.

seniors second round is always a good choice to me.

Comment

"We're hearing FR Texas PG Myck Kabongo is leaning toward leaving for the NBA, despite being a likely 2nd rounder according to scouts."

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=nbadraftnet
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
              "We're hearing FR Texas PG Myck Kabongo is leaning toward leaving for the NBA, despite being a likely 2nd rounder according to scouts."

Kabongo has really dropped on the draft boards. I think he will need some killer workouts to get a sniff of the first round, I am not sure he has the tools to maker that happen in individual workouts. You can't question his speed and passing ability, but his shot making will hold him back.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

Damn, Colangelo needs to secure a late 1st rounder to insure he gets this kid! Maybe move both 2nd rounders plus a little cash?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Damn, Colangelo needs to secure a late 1st rounder to insure he gets this kid! Maybe move both 2nd rounders plus a little cash?
                  Totally worth it ... I like the plan ... assuming Myck declares.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Is there an echo around here? :P

Comment

Great minds think alike ha, ha.

Comment

Great minds think alike ha, ha.
                        And fools...... ahhh, nevermind.

Comment

Never wise to be foolish by yourself Matt. You don't have anyone to toss under the bus to deflect attention then.

Comment

Never wise to be foolish by yourself Matt. You don't have anyone to toss under the bus to deflect attention then.
                            Did anyone fill Ed Stefanski in on that pearl of wisdom prior to his hiring? lol

Comment

Fab Melo!

1. Because he has an awesome name.
                              2. We need someone to replace Alabi as "project center who probably won't work out."
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Did anyone fill Ed Stefanski in on that pearl of wisdom prior to his hiring? lol
                                That page got "misplaced" at the copier.

Comment

Working...
                                X