Draft Pick trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Pick trade

Really need to re-visit this after the lottery, but IF our pick ends in the 2-4 maybe 5 range, and since Utah has a young group in Hayward, Favours, Kanter, Burks and picks to come I have a really hard time seeing Utah keeping both picks. #1 pick is a no brainer take Davis.

TOR: GS 2012; UTA 2012
    UTA: TOR 2012, IND or TOR 2012 2nd

I would very much like to see this to hopefully get Beal (assuming he does not rise so much from tournament play) and Lillard or Marshall. If we get Beal I would prefer Marshall.

Would you trade down in this scenario if it means getting 2 such picks?

Ya, depending on how the individual workouts go, and if it looks like there will be two good prospects in those positions I would make that deal. If we have a chance to get Barnes or MKG I think we have to keep the pick.

The only thing is Utah wouldn't have any interest in drafting a PF or a C either so there has to be something they would want to move up for. We kind of have the same wish list.

If we had the 2nd and NO had the 4th, I would consider making a similar deal if they really wanted a particular player like Drummond, Robinson, Barnes or MKG. It would be a gamble if Barnes or MKG didn't make it past the 3rd pick.

Toronto gets NO pick and Minny's pick
    NO gets Toronto's pick and both 2nd rounders.

You see these kind of trades more in the NFL.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      Ya, depending on how the individual workouts go, and if it looks like there will be two good prospects in those positions I would make that deal. If we have a chance to get Barnes or MKG I think we have to keep the pick.

The only thing is Utah wouldn't have any interest in drafting a PF or a C either so there has to be something they would want to move up for. We kind of have the same wish list.

If we had the 2nd and NO had the 4th, I would consider making a similar deal if they really wanted a particular player like Drummond, Robinson, Barnes or MKG. It would be a gamble if Barnes or MKG didn't make it past the 3rd pick.

Toronto gets NO pick and Minny's pick
      NO gets Toronto's pick and both 2nd rounders.

You see these kind of trades more in the NFL.
      Sure I would go there but I think it is more likely NOLA wants both picks whereas Utah would be sitting on a pile of green youngsters and it would amaze me if that organisation would want to move forward like that. I mean if it was Washington sure they would...but Utah less likely so my view is one of their picks is obtainable in one way shape or form.

Comment

I think Toronto needs to hold on to their pick (and/or try to move up, not down). There is a better chance of getting all-star talent near the top of the lottery then two mediocre players near the bottom of the lottery.

However I'd be all for trades like Bayless + 2nd rounder for the GSW pick. Bayless is an RFA but we could do a sign and trade with Utah for example... Bayless would fit nicely into Utah's line up... they need that energy player and/or replacement for Harris who isn't a long term solution at PG for them.

Comment

Working...
        X