Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: March 21 - Chicago Bulls

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apart for Bargs really not contributing it was the talent deficit that showed. They should sit AB down if he is not ready to be as intense as before he got hurt. DC should have a heart to heart with him. This is very confusing.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    DD with 25 shots? Possible attempt to inflate stats heading towards end of season? Hello Beal?
    no its casey running plays for him because no one on our team can score for shit. And no thanks for beal, i'm not waiting another 2 -3 years for another SG to develop when much better SF's are available.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Apart for Bargs really not contributing it was the talent deficit that showed. They should sit AB down if he is not ready to be as intense as before he got hurt. DC should have a heart to heart with him. This is very confusing.
    confusing and disHEARTening

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    confusing and disHEARTening
    hoho. bargs shouldnt start next game. but as the rest of the league really got into game shape bargs was sitting. all i want to see is casey get the fire going again. the grind is getting to the guys and all the losing. team trades away a barbosa who the players probably grew to rely on so the message from management is wait until next year.

    play hard. win or lose but play hard.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank God Calderon is back. This offense really hums when he's in the lineup.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar had so many plays run for him, but IMO, not during the right times.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't care who the competition, no NBA team should ever, ever, ever, ever give up 20 consecutive points, EVER!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    no its casey running plays for him because no one on our team can score for shit. And no thanks for beal, i'm not waiting another 2 -3 years for another SG to develop when much better SF's are available.
    I don't know if you give a guy who has no place taking 25 shots attempts, 25 shot attempts because you think nobody else can score or because you're trying to inflate his stats to drive his trade value up. I was kidding about it, but if they continue to give DD a glaringly obvious surplus of shots per game then it would be fair to speculate that they are looking to drive his value up in order to ship him out and get as much value in return. The obvious target in the draft at that point imo would be Beal. Again, it's just speculation, but again in that scenario of planning on shipping Demar out if they were to replace him in free agency Eric Gordon might also be an option.

    Beal is about as NBA ready as a rookie can be and I think he can contribule much faster than say Q. Miller (yeah I went there and I'm ashamed). He already has more in his arsenal than DD.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well i disagree i highly doubt Bc will give up on Demar. The reason he's playing so average is because we don't have that guy who attracts the defense, bargs does but his game as been very off since that injury. We need a stud SF who can drain 3's and just attract defenders, also we have Big V coming over and he'll be a pretty good paint presence too both offensively and defensively. IMO its better choosing a SF, for all we know demar might end up making a huge jump next season with a full summer.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree. I don't see BC giving up on DD so soon unless there was a really good offer on the table or he was absolutely sure there was a all star talent he could get to replace DD....look how long he held onto Andrea despite all of the fan pressure to trade him. The idea of them inflating DD's trade value was a comment made as a joke more so than anything else.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Well i disagree i highly doubt Bc will give up on Demar. The reason he's playing so average is because we don't have that guy who attracts the defense, bargs does but his game as been very off since that injury. We need a stud SF who can drain 3's and just attract defenders, also we have Big V coming over and he'll be a pretty good paint presence too both offensively and defensively. IMO its better choosing a SF, for all we know demar might end up making a huge jump next season with a full summer.
    It's frustrating how little he impacts the game in aspects other than scoring, which he doesn't even do at an elite level.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    It's frustrating how little he impacts the game in aspects other than scoring, which he doesn't even do at an elite level.
    He really impacts the start of a game when he starts shooting well in the first 12 minutes, the 1st quarter and the 3rd quarter is usually where his scoring comes from, unlike last season where he was scoring every quarter, having a large impact on the game.

    I've been disappointed by this year's season in Demar, but being the conditions of the season I wasn't surprised.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    confusing and disHEARTening
    Meh, Bargs is what he is. He's had stretches like the start of the year before where he looks awesome for 20 games and you think he's figured it out and then it's back to mediocre. It wasn't like the first 13 games this year were an anomaly. Heck, I remember the NJ series in 07 where he came in and was HUGE in those games. I recall saying to my buddy that I was wrong about Bargs and took back everything I said, kid was going to be a star. Then 2007-10 happened. I am completely ambivalent about Bargnani, I just don't think you can win with them as a focal point of your team.

    As for the Bulls, they are such a good team. They play incredibly hard, intelligent, efficient basketball. They are prepared and well-coached. I would love to cheer for a team like that one day. Give the Raps credit though, they hung in there against a tough team for three quarters and just got beat by a better team. No shame in that. But a game like this shows how far the Raps have to go.

    Speaking of which, remember that thread about how Bargnani coming back was bad for the tank? How people were worried about squeaking into the playoffs? Yep, those were the times....

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That is a cutesy/funny avatar. Is the pooch a Gold. Retriever?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •