Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA might consider putting advertisements on jerseys

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...cmH1WVB6y8vLYF

It's the done thing in Europe, nearly every basketball and football/soccer team is sponsored by some company. If I recall correctly one of the few exceptions to the rule that teams are sponsored was FC Barcelona's football team a few seasons back wore the UNICEF logo on their shirt. Im surprised it could happen in the NBA though, Europe is different as teams operate as individual entities playing within a league system as opposed to a franchise system.

yuck..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Noooooooooo! I'm not interested in buying a Doug Christie throwback jersey if it has a big Tinactin foot fungus spray add blazing across the front or back.

Comment

I am up for it as long as it generate's more revenue, lowers seat prices (not going to happen) and will not look too excessive.

Comment

Glimpse into the NBA's future?

Awesome jerseys. I love to chill and watch the games while I wear a billboard I paid $200 for.

Comment

that is disgusting

Comment

Let's hope this does not happen!
              Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Comment

That picture is hilarious. It definitely illustrates the problem of going overboard.

I'm sure whichever NBA board is in charge of researching this topic will weigh in the factors for and against.. but let's say for instance, the NBA allows only one logo per team, and that said logo only runs across the chest. (Think euro football).
                Also, let's assume that the revenue generated from the sponsor outweighs the revenue lost from the displeasure of fans.

Would people be against that? I'd be fine with emirates running across a raptors jersey.

P.S. - Go Arsenal! Go UAE!

Comment

Yes, I would. I don't care about the NBA's desire to pad their financial statements.

Comment

bounty wrote: View Post
                    It's the done thing in Europe, nearly every basketball and football/soccer team is sponsored by some company. If I recall correctly one of the few exceptions to the rule that teams are sponsored was FC Barcelona's football team a few seasons back wore the UNICEF logo on their shirt.
                    Yes they were the only to avoid sponsor on their shorts, also they paid Unicef 1,5M Euros per year.
                    This year (and next 4 that is coming) they are paid from a Qatar Foundation 34M for the logo so they decided to go like the other team
                    Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Working...
                    X