Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amnesty Calderon -> MAX out Deron Williams?

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amnesty Calderon -> MAX out Deron Williams?

Dwill is a UFA this summer - he said he is not opting in with NJ- and with no promise that Dwight will join him in Dallas isn't anything possible?

I am not sure you could convince Deron Williams that Toronto is headed in the right direction.

But if you could do this deal with that cap space WOW

Dwill / Bayless
    Derozen / JJohnson
    MKG / Kileza / Forbes
    Bargs / Amir / Davis
    JV / Gray / Amir

...yeah too good to be true.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptor dynasty right there

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

cept JJ is a small forward and forbes is a 2.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you have the MKG/Klieza/Forbes a bit mixed up....MKG is a 3, Klieza a 3-4 and Forbes a 2. And JJ is a 3.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, I think we should wait 2013 to sign Dwight.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd cry if dwight signed with us.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dream on!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams will be in Brooklyn or Dallas.

Post Thanks / Like

No chance he signs here.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll amnesty anyone in our team if D-will signs with us

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Deron is either going to Dallas or will be staying with NJ/Brooklyn.

However even if the Toronto Brass some how hypnotized him into thinking Toronto is a good place - I'm not so sure I'm convinced that he's really that good. NJ has an awful team (especially with Lopez out), but NJ is doing worst than Toronto is this year. He has not made anyone on his team any better. He's putting up good stats - but this year has proven that he can't make others around him better and lead his team to victory.

Paul (for example) had a crap team in NO but was still able to make it into the playoffs. Nash has a bunch of scrubs around him, and they are vying for a playoff spot in the West this year.. those guys make the guys around them better. Deron is overrated - and is not worth max money (in my opinion).

I'd rather spend my money on Nash even though he's 38.

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Deron is either going to Dallas or will be staying with NJ/Brooklyn.

However even if the Toronto Brass some how hypnotized him into thinking Toronto is a good place - I'm not so sure I'm convinced that he's really that good. NJ has an awful team (especially with Lopez out), but NJ is doing worst than Toronto is this year. He has not made anyone on his team any better. He's putting up good stats - but this year has proven that he can't make others around him better and lead his team to victory.

Paul (for example) had a crap team in NO but was still able to make it into the playoffs. Nash has a bunch of scrubs around him, and they are vying for a playoff spot in the West this year.. those guys make the guys around them better. Deron is overrated - and is not worth max money (in my opinion).

I'd rather spend my money on Nash even though he's 38.
    If there is anything overrated it's the use of 'overrated'. Nash plays with with a 'scrub' like Marcin Gortat at center, Paul played in NO with 'scrubs' like Tyson Chandler and David West, who does Deron Williams have this year?

Add: and yes, I know Gortat is overrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Gortat is the Polish Hammer....TAKE IT BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Williams is a lazy headcase anyways, pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If there is anything overrated it's the use of 'overrated'. Nash plays with with a 'scrub' like Marcin Gortat at center, Paul played in NO with 'scrubs' like Tyson Chandler and David West, who does Deron Williams have this year?

Add: and yes, I know Gortat is overrated.
    Sure the use of the words 'scrub' and 'overrated' may have been harsh.. but I stand by my judgement on Deron.

Gortat is no slouch.. he's putting up some good numbers but I think that has more to do with Nash then it does with him. He'll never be an all-star. Phoenix are winning a lot of games (currently at 24 wins and .500 record) with guys like Brown, Frye, Lopez, Childress, Warrick, and a 39-year old Hill.

Last year NO made the playoffs (when Chandler was with Dallas/Charlotte). They have the exact same team they had last year except they swapped West for Kaman (which in my opinion is a wash). Yet NO is in 3rd last place in the league. You tell me that Paul did not make that team better.

NJ has had its struggles with Lopez out, but a guy making max money is supposed to be making the guys around him better. NJ has 15 wins this year, and Deron has played in every single one. They even have Wallace now and that has not made a difference. This is a big red flag for me.

Plus there is also the fact that an admired coach in Sloan quit on the team because of a rift he had with Deron at the time.

I was a fan of Deron prior to this year.. his play with NJ this year has completely changed my opinion of him.

Post Thanks / Like

You tell me that Paul did not make that team better.
    Really, now did I?

Plus there is also the fact that an admired coach in Sloan quit on the team because of a rift he had with Deron at the time.
    Rumours have become fact I see. Don't you think that there could be more going on there considering they traded Williams about a week or so later? I don't know, but I do find it very weird that management would not back Sloan because they side by their best player only to trade him a week later. I'm guessing there was more going on (not saying it's fact btw, because, yeah, I don't know).

Post Thanks / Like

Really, now did I?
    You had indicated in the previous post that Paul was playing with guys like Chandler and West. I was under the impression that you felt that NO succeeded because of those two, and not Paul. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Rumours have become fact I see. Don't you think that there could be more going on there considering they traded Williams about a week or so later? I don't know, but I do find it very weird that management would not back Sloan because they side by their best player only to trade him a week later. I'm guessing there was more going on (not saying it's fact btw, because, yeah, I don't know).
    The fact was Sloan did argue with Williams at half time a couple of nights before he quit. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together like most journalists.. okay sorry not a fact - but still highly questionable which puts a red flag against Williams and another reason why I do not want him in Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact was Sloan did argue with Williams at half time a couple of nights before he quit. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together like most journalists.. okay sorry not a fact - but still highly questionable which puts a red flag against Williams and another reason why I do not want him in Toronto.
    Journalists need something to write to make a living; lots of them don't only put 2 and 2 together but just as easily 1 and 3 or 5 and 99. Now that's a fact.

I can do that too, e.g.: management wanted to get rid of Sloan, so they didn't share any knowledge about the the tradescenarios they were lining up (if they had Sloan would never quite because of Williams, knowing Williams would be gone in a week). When there was a conflict between Sloan and Williams, they dediced not to back up Sloan which they had always done before. This way they could pile up the pressure on Sloan to either quit himself or make it much more likely the results would be less than stellar and more conflict would arise in the dressingroom with the players knowing Sloan was a lame duck, which would create a situation where they could fire Sloan which at that time would have strong reactions from the media and fanbase. Or something like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information