Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Amnesty Calderon -> MAX out Deron Williams?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Williams is a lazy headcase anyways, pass.
    Exactly what i was going to say.

I think Deron is a good player, but i dont like his attitude. Any player who thinks he has a "say" in team management moves is a potential problem. If you dont like the way the team is being run, then ask for a trade. Thats my opinion. He clashed with Sloan and now just because NJ didnt get Dwight he's not exercising his option. Potential problem player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    my dad
    hahahahahahahahaha comeback of the year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    We don't know anything for sure about what happened in Utah, as I said earlier. If you hate him on the basis of that, you must hate a lot of people.

Some of the possibilities I heard were about Williams ignoring a play-call by Sloan and Sloan wanting to discipline him for that. I think I would become quite insubordinate if I never was allowed to decide things on my own but always had to do what someone else tells, meaning they don't trust me to make my own decisions.

As I've also said earlier, if this was the reason, management not backing Sloan when he wanted to discipline him, there was probably a lot more going on, considering they surely were aware of their own plans to trade Williams, making it a very weird move not to back Sloan, knowing their was a big chance Williams would not be there in a week. Probably they weren't too concerned about keeping Sloan.

Furthermore, it won't be the first time a player has a problem with a coach, and it's not an enormous one, not listening to the coach on a particular possession. Normally they will resolve this problem together and get on with it (SvG still has job in Orlando). That's not driving a coach away, that's just a conflict. It's that in this case, if the above is true, management didn't back the coach which they will usually do if they want their coach to have any succes and keep coaching longterm.

Maybe it's a "I don't like how he handled that" situation, but a "I hate him!", that's way over the top.

Add: oh man: I said 'their' when I meant 'there'. I hate myself.
    True. But, i maybe wrong, but only Williams was reported on being the only "insubordinate". None of the other 10 players in the rotation came out and commented on Sloan's play-calling. If your PG makes his own decisions while the other 10 players follow the coach, thats a potential problem.

I do think they wanted to get rid of Sloan as well, thats why they didnt back him up. But the issue was more on Deron not following Sloan, which i think was more of a knack to Deron rather than Sloan. Coaches NEED to be followed, thats why theyre put in that situation. Its up to the management to get rid of the coach if he's not a fit anymore for the team, not the players. If Deron was able to behave that way against a highly respected coach like Sloan, i dare not imagine how he will treat a semi-rookie coach like Casey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Exactly what i was going to say.

I think Deron is a good player, but i dont like his attitude. Any player who thinks he has a "say" in team management moves is a potential problem. If you dont like the way the team is being run, then ask for a trade. Thats my opinion. He clashed with Sloan and now just because NJ didnt get Dwight he's not exercising his option. Potential problem player.
    Agreed. DWill likes to think he's on the same level as Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Paul, etc... but he's not. I've always thought DWill was the epitome of a volume scorer who puts personal stats ahead of team results. He wants it to be all about him, on and off the court. I've never liked him. He'll never choose Toronto, so this whole discussion is moot regardless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information