Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amnesty Calderon -> MAX out Deron Williams?

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people post threads like this?
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knickz wrote: View Post
    Why do people post threads like this?
    +1.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Williams will be in Brooklyn or Dallas.
    I think he could be anywhere at this point - Toronto is not a likely destination though I agree with most posters.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    I think he could be anywhere at this point - Toronto is not a likely destination though I agree with most posters.
    All of the 'sources' from the Yahoo!, ESPN, CBS, etc. have been stating it is Dallas or Brooklyn for months. It has been much hyped and speculated upon.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate deron williams

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i hate deron williams
    He slept with your girlfriend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    He slept with your girlfriend?
    my dad

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol soft euro. You know that joke would really make you look stupid if the guy didn't have a girlfriend

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with amnestying Calderon is that the guy is an asset. A guy that takes care of the ball and finds guys in spots for easy baskets? Plus he's an expiring. The solution to all of that might be to use him acquire depth we would need for seasons going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    lol soft euro. You know that joke would really make you look stupid if the guy didn't have a girlfriend
    Not really; I just wanted to say that all the 'hate'-talk is overdoing it. Too much use of those kind of terms on here lately. If there is some dislike about a player often words like 'scrub' 'btch' 'hate' etc. are used. That's just plain stupid. Now, with Miekenstein I can understand that he has some issues because his dad apparently slept with his girlfriend.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way Williams opts for Toronto when he has a chance to go home to Dallas, get the same amount of money (max deal), and play for a team that is already established as a contender.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams could also join Howard in Orlando. Isnt that what they both wanted? They could retool the Magic to be a pretty good team. I'd also like to see the Heat and Magic battles for the next few years....but not particularly good for the Raps (another powerhouse in the east.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really; I just wanted to say that all the 'hate'-talk is overdoing it. Too much use of those kind of terms on here lately. If there is some dislike about a player often words like 'scrub' 'btch' 'hate' etc. are used. That's just plain stupid. Now, with Miekenstein I can understand that he has some issues because his dad apparently slept with his girlfriend.
    my hate for him has nothing to do with his playstyle. i hate him as a human. guy forced jerry sloan out of basketball. if deron were on the raptors i would cheer for the other 14 players.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams wants to play in a big market. And in the States. Therefore, he won't be playing in Toronto next season. End of story.

Post Thanks / Like

my hate for him has nothing to do with his playstyle. i hate him as a human. guy forced jerry sloan out of basketball. if deron were on the raptors i would cheer for the other 14 players.
    We don't know anything for sure about what happened in Utah, as I said earlier. If you hate him on the basis of that, you must hate a lot of people.

Some of the possibilities I heard were about Williams ignoring a play-call by Sloan and Sloan wanting to discipline him for that. I think I would become quite insubordinate if I never was allowed to decide things on my own but always had to do what someone else tells, meaning they don't trust me to make my own decisions.

As I've also said earlier, if this was the reason, management not backing Sloan when he wanted to discipline him, there was probably a lot more going on, considering they surely were aware of their own plans to trade Williams, making it a very weird move not to back Sloan, knowing their was a big chance Williams would not be there in a week. Probably they weren't too concerned about keeping Sloan.

Furthermore, it won't be the first time a player has a problem with a coach, and it's not an enormous one, not listening to the coach on a particular possession. Normally they will resolve this problem together and get on with it (SvG still has job in Orlando). That's not driving a coach away, that's just a conflict. It's that in this case, if the above is true, management didn't back the coach which they will usually do if they want their coach to have any succes and keep coaching longterm.

Maybe it's a "I don't like how he handled that" situation, but a "I hate him!", that's way over the top.

Add: oh man: I said 'their' when I meant 'there'. I hate myself.
    Last edited by Soft Euro; Mon Mar 26th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know anything for sure about what happened in Utah, as I said earlier. If you hate him on the basis of that, you must hate a lot of people.

Some of the possibilities I heard were about Williams ignoring a play-call by Sloan and Sloan wanting to discipline him for that. I think I would become quite insubordinate if I never was allowed to decide things on my own but always had to do what someone else tells, meaning they don't trust me to make my own decisions.

As I've also said earlier, if this was the reason, management not backing Sloan when he wanted to discipline him, there was probably a lot more going on, considering they surely were aware of their own plans to trade Williams, making it a very weird move not to back Sloan, knowing their was a big chance Williams would not be there in a week. Probably they weren't too concerned about keeping Sloan.

Furthermore, it won't be the first time a player has a problem with a coach, and it's not an enormous one, not listening to the coach on a particular possession. Normally they will resolve this problem together and get on with it (SvG still has job in Orlando). That's not driving a coach away, that's just a conflict. It's that in this case, if the above is true, management didn't back the coach which they will usually do if they want their coach to have any succes and keep coaching longterm.

Maybe it's a "I don't like how he handled that" situation, but a "I hate him!", that's way over the top.
    I agree with this reasoning. Sloan, although one of the greatest coaches of all time, is still human and capable of making mistakes when it comes to dealing with players.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Add: oh man: I said 'their' when I meant 'there'. I hate myself.
    i hate 4 people

deron williams
    steve dubinsky
    michael kerr
    dave anderson

please explain to me why i shouldn't hate the other 3. they arent basketball players. just people. one of them i have only met on one occasion but he seemed like a jerk.

i know you are really close with deron williams to defend my perceived ideals of his personality and why i personally hate him. can you please help me with these other 3?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i hate 4 people

deron williams
    steve dubinsky
    michael kerr
    dave anderson

please explain to me why i shouldn't hate the other 3. they arent basketball players. just people. one of them i have only met on one occasion but he seemed like a jerk.

i know you are really close with deron williams to defend my perceived ideals of his personality and why i personally hate him. can you please help me with these other 3?

thanks
    I've learned in these situations not improvise beyond my capabilities, but just leave it to the professionals ans refer people to a good psychologist.

Post Thanks / Like

I've learned in these situations not improvise beyond my capabilities, but just leave it to the professionals ans refer people to a good psychologist.
    haha

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The problem with amnestying Calderon is that the guy is an asset. A guy that takes care of the ball and finds guys in spots for easy baskets? Plus he's an expiring. The solution to all of that might be to use him acquire depth we would need for seasons going forward.
    I think Calderon has been offered numerous times in numerous deals. Even since MJ killed the chandler trade. No one wants him. Maybe as an expiring contract they will.

I will personally not take the ratpors serously as a playoff contender until they don't have him defending the point of attack.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information