Thread: Weems to wait and enter restricted free agency in July

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Weems doesn't come back and I doubt he will. I seriously doubt the Raps are interested and given Weem's tweets a few months ago, it seems like he's not overly interested in Toronto either. If there was mutual interest, he would be in a Raptors jersey already.

On a somewhat related note, I think the Raptors have been so bad that a lot of fans have fallen in love for some pretty average/backup type players. A lot of comments are made in several threads, about the depth that the Raptors will have next season. Personally, I wish BC would find a productive use for the team's depth, by somehow turning a few of these 2nd stringers into even one legit starting caliber player. The Raptors have loads of cap space, Weems' RFA rights, Bayless, Amir, Davis, DeRozan and 2 2nd round picks to use, in any combination that is needed, to acquire an additional lottery pick and/or a legit starter via trade(s). At the very least, in the case of Weems, his best use for the Raptors is as a tradeable asset ahead of draft night.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Mar 26th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Thread Information