Post Thanks / Like

Forbes lost the game for us. This is why i wish demar was playing

Post Thanks / Like

that used to be Butler's job....le sigh

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    It's hard to say whether having Demar would have make a difference. Demar would have score alot more but Forbes rebounded like crazy against Chicago. It's basically whether the amount of extra points Demar would have scored if he played over weights the points prevented cuz of Forbes' rebounding.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to get angry at Forbes for missing that but hey, this is a guy who has not played too much this year, who lacks that mental toughness, the killer instinct.

All I ask is that he learns from it.

To be honest, the 12 turnovers between JJ and Jose really was the only blotche on this game.
    JJ was balling tho.

Besides that, great game.

Post Thanks / Like

Placing the game on one player is ridiculous. What if Calderon never threw the ball away? Kleiza caught the ball? Bargnani made 1 of the 2 shots to end regulation?

FWIW, Forbes chipped in with a double/double - 12points/13 rebounds.

Also, it was nice to see a 2-guard with a handle. All year I've been thinking about replacing the starting SF when it is the SG who might be on the way out if Beal is the BPA on draft night.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm watching the American Feed and its fantastic. These guys are PROS. No Bias (perhaps slight, but thats to be expected).
    +1

Kleiza lost the game for us not Forbes. Unlike forbes who is playing major minutes for the first time in his career Kleiza has been there and done that. Yet he persists with his always shoot-first mentality. And I thought barbosa was gone.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    When James Johnson plays like this make me want Beal over MKG
    I take this back. I realize that MKG could bring exactly what JJ does and his 5 years younger(youngest player in the draft)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I distinctly remember someone missing a boxout a the 4 minute mark in the first quarter. It was that guy who cost us the game. Don't remember who it was but he needs to be traded. Damn that guy!

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable game. Sure, you can complain about some iffy plays we made on offense but look what had to go right for the bulls for them to win. In the bulls' last two possessions of the game, JJ blocks both shots only to have deng there on the last one to catch the wayward ball and have it leave his hand about 0.2 seconds before the clock expires. Everybody (I think) on the floor for us is part of the core of guys next year and this is the kind of game that builds a team. That, and MKG looked great last night.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Placing the game on one player is ridiculous. What if Calderon never threw the ball away? Kleiza caught the ball? Bargnani made 1 of the 2 shots to end regulation?

FWIW, Forbes chipped in with a double/double - 12points/13 rebounds.

Also, it was nice to see a 2-guard with a handle. All year I've been thinking about replacing the starting SF when it is the SG who might be on the way out if Beal is the BPA on draft night.
    In my books its not. 2 free throws missed... even if he hit one i would have been happy. Knowing the game was on the line he should have really focused on hitting the 2 free throws. He never bended his knees and just kinda threw up the free throws expecting them to go in. Any 2 guard in the league should have hit those, sure he had a good game but it doesn't mean much when you didn't win.

Post Thanks / Like

In my books its not. 2 free throws missed... even if he hit one i would have been happy. Knowing the game was on the line he should have really focused on hitting the 2 free throws. He never bended his knees and just kinda threw up the free throws expecting them to go in. Any 2 guard in the league should have hit those, sure he had a good game but it doesn't mean much when you didn't win.

Basketball is not an individual sport like figure skating or tennis. Any play that went differently throughout the course of the game would have altered the outcome. His free throw's were one of many plays that occurred.

Obviously you are welcome to your opinion even though it appears your love of DeRozan is clouding objectivity - in my opinion.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truU32fZbSY
    have you noticed this foul? 2:25 Boozer pushes Forbes away. This sure was a foul.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

check out the minutes he played (47). I don't think he had legs left.

It's not one players fault. It was a great learning experience for this team!
    Last edited by saints91; Sun Mar 25th, 2012 at 08:54 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I distinctly remember someone missing a boxout a the 4 minute mark in the first quarter. It was that guy who cost us the game. Don't remember who it was but he needs to be traded. Damn that guy!
    It is clear that it is Barbosa's fault for getting traded...leading us to lose this game.

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Unbelievable game. Sure, you can complain about some iffy plays we made on offense but look what had to go right for the bulls for them to win. In the bulls' last two possessions of the game, JJ blocks both shots only to have deng there on the last one to catch the wayward ball and have it leave his hand about 0.2 seconds before the clock expires. Everybody (I think) on the floor for us is part of the core of guys next year and this is the kind of game that builds a team. That, and MKG looked great last night.
    I could not agree more. The Raps were still out talented and yet we forced a team to overtime. I think we outplayed Chicago, had more heart, and we should have won...but sometimes it just does not work out that way. It is the NBA. Sometimes the team that plays better simply wont win. Whether it is the Refs or some fluke plays, it just happens.

But that is the beauty of the season we have. All we really want to see is developing talent, effort, and team building (maybe some lottery balls as well). That is what I saw tonight.

Raptors Republic Rookie The Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    No DeRozan, and Scott Foster as the ref? Against the Bulls? Oh boy.
    Hey what do you mean? Is Scott Foster pro Bulls?
    Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Raptors Republic Rookie The Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, many missed calls, and pro Bull calls. Chicago wasn't hitting any 3's. I can't blame this one on Forbes. There are so many different facets that could have altered the outcome of this game...
    Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Gray and really hope he returns next year as a C off the bench. With that said, I couldn't help but imagine JV dunking those little layups he was missing and finishing the dunk attempt that Gibson blocked on Gray.

So the truth is the reason why the game was lost was because JV was in Lithuania.... haha.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Fox wrote: View Post
    Hey what do you mean? Is Scott Foster pro Bulls?

No, but I still get shivers from this.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Basketball is not an individual sport like figure skating or tennis. Any play that went differently throughout the course of the game would have altered the outcome. His free throw's were one of many plays that occurred.

Obviously you are welcome to your opinion even though it appears your love of DeRozan is clouding objectivity - in my opinion.
    it has nothing to do with derozan. That was the biggest possession in the game. There was like 15 seconds left, those 2 free throws would have brought us up by 3. That would have given us the victory or sent us into double OT. None of the other possessions before that except maybe the bargnani 3 was this important. But thats just my opinion you can think what you want. Alot of you are going to say "now we get a higher pick" but i hate losing these kind of games when victory was soo close. I take it personally sometimes and it really pisses me off to see the other team cheer, i just turned the tv off after he tipped it in cause i saw that coming.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information