Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Observation from DeRozan sitting out

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You're basing everything on one 12 minute quarter. It went downhill after that. There will always be times when the offense will look fluid and can do no wrong. The thing is can the offense be fluid consistently from game to game and that just hasn't been the case even with Forbes' "skillsets"
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Mon Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    You're basing everything on one 12 minute quarter. It went downhill after that. There will always be times when the offense will look fluid and can do no wrong. The thing is can the offense be fluid consistently from game to game and that just hasn't been the case even with Forbes' "skillsets"
    What i am basing this on is clearly laid out in the initial post.

Objectivity. Please.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was nothing said about only one quarter. He was talking generality in terms of the offense in all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Demar is definitely a tradeable asset in the team. But letting him go would leave us empty there. It makes no sense to trade him for a draft pick unless it is top 5. Even if we draft beal there is no guarantee he will be any better than Demar. Might as well hold on to a cheap Demar who looks a legit starter and trade others like Calderon and Bargnani who we can afford to lose.
    Something I have learned in life - and it relates to more than just basketball:

No one is irreplaceable. If someone leaves, someone else will be there to step in.

If you read my initial post (is there an echo in here?) you'll see I discussed the idea of DD playing the SF. I am not attempting to move DeMar for the sake of moving him nor am I looking to trade him for a draft pick.

Objectivity. Please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Something I have learned in life - and it relates to more than just basketball:

No one is irreplaceable. If someone leaves, someone else will be there to step in.

If you read my initial post (is there an echo in here?) you'll see I discussed the idea of DD playing the SF. I am not attempting to move DeMar for the sake of moving him nor am I looking to trade him for a draft pick.

Objectivity. Please.
    DD would be awesome offensively at the three, but would get sat on by guys like Lebron and Durant IMO.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

LeBron and KD sh*t on everyone who tries to guard them though.

Post Thanks / Like

Something we agree on.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just wanted to shorten the list, only 30 small forwards would shit on Demar anyways.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think demar will be just fine, give him a full summer with D case and he's all good. What we should be worrying about is if we can snag MKG in the draft or not. MKG and DeRozan would be a lethal combo at the wing positions, two dudes who can slash and one who is a lockdown defender. MKG has VC type swag and energy he could come in and become our franchise player i think

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I think demar will be just fine, give him a full summer with D case and he's all good. What we should be worrying about is if we can snag MKG in the draft or not. MKG and DeRozan would be a lethal combo at the wing positions, two dudes who can slash and one who is a lockdown defender. MKG has VC type swag and energy he could come in and become our franchise player i think
    Problem is none of them can shoot from 3 LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Well I just wanted to shorten the list, only 30 small forwards would shit on Demar anyways.
    lol

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If Demar had handles he'd be an all star.

Post Thanks / Like

They could always develop it, shouldn't be a prob for MKG. Plus we got Bargs and grown man calderon to shoot them treys

Post Thanks / Like

http://raptorswatch.com/2012/03/26/d...-in-the-rough/

A nice article from a forum I'm a big part of, really kind of opinionated by what do you guys think? All about Derozan to say.

Post Thanks / Like

If Demar had handles he'd be an all star.
    I'm more worried about his physical strength, he needs to get much stronger, although that for sure is very important.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar has a developing 3 point shot already, and MKG is only going to progress in the perimeter because of his great work ethic.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar is actually better than we give him credit for. When he's aggressive almost no one can stop him, he mows his way to the line or finishes. He also has the sweet running hook he uses time to time and a decent floater. He's only going to improve and there is no doubt that Dwane Casey will help him fix his flaws over the summer. Like his rebounding, passing and strength and conditioning

Raptors Republic Rookie SandmanFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So the key thing you're looking for Matt, is a secondary ball handler/distributor. I would propose that could come from EITHER the 2 or the 3 but at least one of them. Right now we sort of have that from JJ but not really a great strength for him either. This sounds like more reason to look at DD at the 3 (get in the gym!) and draft a SG like Beal. JJ/DD as our SFs is a good rotation of quicks/scoring in DD and size/defence in JJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SandmanFan wrote: View Post
    So the key thing you're looking for Matt, is a secondary ball handler/distributor. I would propose that could come from EITHER the 2 or the 3 but at least one of them. Right now we sort of have that from JJ but not really a great strength for him either. This sounds like more reason to look at DD at the 3 (get in the gym!) and draft a SG like Beal. JJ/DD as our SFs is a good rotation of quicks/scoring in DD and size/defence in JJ.
    Yes, and a consistent threat from long range. The Raptors are going to have a very good pick and roll option in JV. If there are no perimeter shooters to keep the defense honest, that roll is not going to be there - or at least it is going to be much harder to convert with less space.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Yes, and a consistent threat from long range. The Raptors are going to have a very good pick and roll option in JV. If there are no perimeter shooters to keep the defense honest, that roll is not going to be there - or at least it is going to be much harder to convert with less space.
    That guy Harrison Barnes is pretty good too when he gets his feet set.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information