Observation from DeRozan sitting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Evans is too one dimensional imo. He's more of a scorer but then again so is derozan, so its kind of a pointless trade. Evans is just more of a flashy scorer
    Evans is a much better defender than DD

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Evans is not a free agent.

The only guy in the NBA to shoot 10+FT attempts per game is Dwight Howard. The next closest is Kevin Love at 8.6. That statement is beyond unrealistic.
      I was talking about the scenario where we get Evans without losing Demar.

As for FTA/game - I was stretching it. He is our only hope right now.
      Demar has the athletic ability to go the rim every time and I want him to do that often.

Comment

All in all I don't wanna give up on Demar.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          All in all I don't wanna give up on Demar.
          Nor do I. But his limitations were really evident watching Forbes versus Chicago.

Comment

Nor do I. But his limitations were really evident watching Forbes versus Chicago.
            Well what about today? Judging everything based on one game is stupid.

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
              Well what about today? Judging everything based on one game is stupid.
              That is a good point - one which I made in the original post as well.

Sadly, while Forbes performance was just one game, it still doesn't change the 207 NBA games DeMar has played without a handle and consistent rebounding, passing, dribbling, and defending.

No doubt he can score, and excuse me for being greedy, but I want more from a starting SG.

Comment

Seems like you are mad cause Demar isn't Kobe or Wade. It would be nice if he had handles, a consistent jumpshot and was a lockdown defender but all that would make him an elite player. If you can get a sg that can do all that then you do it obviously but right now sg is not a weak area of ours. Demar is still a good player. It just seems like you are singling him out for why we suck. I think we have other more pressing needs like a point guard and small forward.

Comment

That is a good point - one which I made in the original post as well.

Sadly, while Forbes performance was just one game, it still doesn't change the 207 NBA games DeMar has played without a handle and consistent rebounding, passing, dribbling, and defending.

No doubt he can score, and excuse me for being greedy, but I want more from a starting SG.
                  he can develop into someone who can do a little bit of everything listed. Essentially a 3 playing 2.

Comment

Seems like you are mad cause Demar isn't Kobe or Wade. It would be nice if he had handles, a consistent jumpshot and was a lockdown defender but all that would make him an elite player. If you can get a sg that can do all that then you do it obviously but right now sg is not a weak area of ours. Demar is still a good player. It just seems like you are singling him out for why we suck. I think we have other more pressing needs like a point guard and small forward.
                    +1. That's why as much as I like Beal's game, I don't think we really need him...

I'm starting to fall towards Andrea being a good trading piece, because he seems like a guy that would be much better on a contending team, with the frontcourt of this year's draft being so strong, I would want to strengthen that front court. Even though we have a log jam at the 4, and 5 is locked up by Jonas followed by (I Hope) Aaron Gray, drafting a big man, trading Andrea doesn't seem too bad to me.

Comment

Wanting DeMar to be Kobe or Wade is hardly the cause or reason behind the post and I am hardly mad. Could you provide one example of anything I've typed that is not true or is irrational?

Kobe and Wade are elite players with elite skills in many different areas of their game making them elite players. DeMar does not even have average skills in dribbling, passing, shooting, or defending - that is the problem and the reason behind my post. I could even live with him having being average in just 2 of those categories. Unfortunately, he is below in all 4. That is the problem.

The whole point of the thread was to highlight the difference in the flow of the game with a different skill set occupying the starting SG role. This was touched on in another post today, but Raptor fans have become complacent in the composition of the roster. No one on this roster should be untouchable - no one.

It is time to turn off the tunnel vision and separate emotion from reality.

Comment

Derozan sure scores alot for being below average in everything

Comment

But IMO, without Demar, it hurts Andrea's game, and possibly the rest of the team.. I said this in another thread, but Andrea and Demar play off one another, and Demar is the number one option since Andrea's struggles.

Demar requires attention of the best perimeter defender, and it is EITHER Andrea or Demar to gain the best of the defensive attention, we've seen plenty of times this season where one or the other receives double-teams, and when one has the attention, time to take the aggro and be that second option. Individually. Sure, Gary Forbes can be in the scouting report, and be one to pay attention to defensively, but at this moment, Demar Derozan is the big name on the opposing scouting report. Demar just seems to have something that Forbes doesn't, I'm trying to figure it out, but it really seems like there is something there, don't know what it is though. But the defensive attention at the level of Demar's is not the attention Forbes would receive. IMO.

Comment

Derozan sure scores alot for being below average in everything
                            And you have solidified my argument: he is one dimensional and that is the problem.

Comment

Wanting DeMar to be Kobe or Wade is hardly the cause or reason behind the post and I am hardly mad. Could you provide one example of anything I've typed that is not true or is irrational?

Kobe and Wade are elite players with elite skills in many different areas of their game making them elite players. DeMar does not even have average skills in dribbling, passing, shooting, or defending - that is the problem and the reason behind my post. I could even live with him having being average in just 2 of those categories. Unfortunately, he is below in all 4. That is the problem.

The whole point of the thread was to highlight the difference in the flow of the game with a different skill set occupying the starting SG role. This was touched on in another post today, but Raptor fans have become complacent in the composition of the roster. No one on this roster should be untouchable - no one.

It is time to turn off the tunnel vision and separate emotion from reality.
                              If noone is untouchable then why are you singling demar out? What about our point guard? what if we had a point guard that could attack the pain regularly and put pressure on the defense? What if we had a power forward that could be a low post presence and rebound the ball consistently? What if we had a Small forward that could do it all? No One is perfect. I don't have a problem with picking the bpa but I don't like how you are singling him out. This is a bad team. Getting a sg that can do everything will not make this team better alone. And to be honest there aren't many sgs out there that can score, playmake, shoot and defend. Those type of sgs are a rarity now.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                But IMO, without Demar, it hurts Andrea's game, and possibly the rest of the team.. I said this in another thread, but Andrea and Demar play off one another, and Demar is the number one option since Andrea's struggles.

Demar requires attention of the best perimeter defender, and it is EITHER Andrea or Demar to gain the best of the defensive attention, we've seen plenty of times this season where one or the other receives double-teams, and when one has the attention, time to take the aggro and be that second option. Individually. Sure, Gary Forbes can be in the scouting report, and be one to pay attention to defensively, but at this moment, Demar Derozan is the big name on the opposing scouting report. Demar just seems to have something that Forbes doesn't, I'm trying to figure it out, but it really seems like there is something there, don't know what it is though. But the defensive attention at the level of Demar's is not the attention Forbes would receive. IMO.
                                Good points.

Remember, at no point have I said or implied Forbes was a better talent than DeRozan - he is not. I only wished to highlight the fluidity in the Chicago game with the different skill set at the SG spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X