Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's Missing from Raptors Republic This Season?

Raptors Republic Rookie Phat Farmer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim W. still runs his own blog http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfence/ which I still check out from time to time. We should all raid it and tell him to come back to the Republic

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The front page comments are embarassing, for the most part. I guess there's a tradeoff to making people accountable for what they say by requiring registration -- in that the volume might decrease -- but it would probably improve the quality of the comments. I honestly don't think there's anything to be lost by removing/banning comments/commenters who constantly post the same drivel, though. Something the powers-that-be might consider.

The forums, on the other hand, are great for the most part. The effort it takes people to register and post seems to make them stop and think a bit before ranting. I certainly haven't found a better forum on the web for Raptors discussion.

Tim W. should come back. I didn't agree with his polar position on Bargnani, and still don't, but at least he took the time to consider his opinion and present it thoughtfully. I still see him comment on Raptorblog every now and then, so he must still be interested...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember Bargnani ever struggling for such an extended length of time on offense. His shooting since he came back is 33% from the field and 15% from beyond the three point line. I know it's almost tradition to kill the guy, but those stats are abnormal. And hard to explain. For all his faults, we know the man can shoot.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Michel G wrote: View Post
    I don't remember Bargnani ever struggling for such an extended length of time on offense. His shooting since he came back is 33% from the field and 15% from beyond the three point line. I know it's almost tradition to kill the guy, but those stats are abnormal. And hard to explain. For all his faults, we know the man can shoot.
    I'm sure his confidence has been shaken. But he's also not doing himself any favours by continuously operating so far away from the basket. A concentrated effort to get him more post-up opportunities would probably help.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

While we're at it, I just want to thank all you guys for coming here and contributing the amount that you do. I've been MIA for the most part for the last year and a half (having my first child and starting a new job can do that to a person), but I'm amazed at the participation and the maturity (except heinz ..... I kid) at this forum and the lack of moderation we the staff actually have to do here.

Kudos to you guys for making our lives much easier here.

Oh ya, Tim W if your reading this, please come home.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim W !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is a 6th man at best. Not fit to lace Nowitzki's size 12 boots.

BC is useless and would never be a GM if not for his daddy

We must sign James Harden and Ibaka

----------------
    How about that?
    Try size 16 - size 12 would be ballet slippers for the Dirkmeister

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    While we're at it, I just want to thank all you guys for coming here and contributing the amount that you do. I've been MIA for the most part for the last year and a half (having my first child and starting a new job can do that to a person), but I'm amazed at the participation and the maturity (except heinz ..... I kid) at this forum and the lack of moderation we the staff actually have to do here.

Kudos to you guys for making our lives much easier here.

Oh ya, Tim W if your reading this, please come home.
    Hug? hahaha

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The losing wears on you. No sense complaining about them being bad when you knew they were going to be bad. For me, it also has to do with the fact that most of the guys on this team need to be replaced before this team gets good. It's why I can't get worked up about Bargs, or Calderon vs. Bayless, or Derozan. None of these guys are irreplaceable or part of the long term success story here, so why worry too much about how they play? The Raps are stil in tear down mode. Give me JV and a top 5 pick and a couple good trades, then I'll get more invested in wins/losses/performance, etc.

As for the site, I miss the podcasts and the posting on the main page seems lighter than the last couple years. The biggest issue is that the comments section is just terrible now to the point where I avoid the main page altogether. Too many trolls, too many idiots. Still like the boards.
    ^This^.

Besides the personal time constraints of running a startup, the Raptors' shouty marketing + futility + muddy future have worn me out a little. It doesn't help that I got nba.tv. The game is so full of talent right now that it leaves me a little bitter regarding our lack of it.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually somehow don't see any comments on the front page. I think it's because I'm reading this at work and they've blocked Disqus somehow. All I see is a link that says "No Raps", on every single post.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I actually somehow don't see any comments on the front page. I think it's because I'm reading this at work and they've blocked Disqus somehow. All I see is a link that says "No Raps", on every single post.
    You're a lucky boy, it's like sticking your nose in a public toilet.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    It's like licking clean the toilets at a chili convention.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Off topic but do they speak English in Netherlands? Yours is pretty good

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Off topic but do they speak English in Netherlands? Yours is pretty good
    Very off topic, but thanks; we all learn English at school and I studied some at the university and read a lot of English, but still find myself lacking a bit and can't pronounce either 'th' correctly...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information