Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Missing from Raptors Republic This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Missing from Raptors Republic This Season?

I read this story and couldn't help but think about the things we aren't complaining about as much this season.

Maybe it's because expectation are so low, but there has been a serious drop-off in complaints about:

1. Rebounding
    2. Player rotations
    3. Execution after timeouts
    4. Coaching
    5. Colangelo
    6. Mega-trades!!!!!!

...even the Bargnani hate has died down a bit. But I would never put it on the list.
    What do you think is missing from Raptors Republic in 2012? (besides wins, and dignity).
    Last edited by Gorlitzer; Mon Mar 26, 2012, 06:19 PM.

Bargnani is a 6th man at best. Not fit to lace Nowitzki's size 12 boots.

BC is useless and would never be a GM if not for his daddy

We must sign James Harden and Ibaka

----------------
    How about that?

Comment

The team is essentially the same one from last season minus a few deep bench players and coach. Anyone who expected big things is delusional. Colangelo said from the start of the year the playoffs were not likely. Casey has talked at length about evaluating players for moving forward. It is tough to get upset when the year is essentially a right off from the mouths of those who matter most in the organization.

Addressing your points specifically:

The coaching this year has been phenomenal. (4)

The execution after timeouts has been dreadful but the team has started from scratch with a training camp and pre season hardly worth mentioning. Also, it should be noted things have improved of late. (3)

Player rotations has been better than it has been in years. Is it great? No - but neither is this team. (2)

Colangelo's propaganda campaign has brainwashed the masses. The fact anyone following along closely can see things starting to come together slowly is something else to consider. For the first time in BC's tenure it is evident the long term vision of the team being built is to compete for more than a playoff berth. Lets see what moves are made in the off-season before BC is ripped a new one (5)

Mega-trades!!!!!! Lets see what happens draft night and in the off season. (6)

Rebounding has the Raptors 16th overall and 10th in defensive. That is a huge improvement in the 21st overall and 27th in defensive from a year ago. What is to complain about when the roster is still in transition. (1)

.......Bargnani hate is about to boil over. What a let down since his return from injury. More importantly though, what else is there to discuss about the guy? The same arguments and grievances have been aired for years now.

Basically the team blows but there is signs of life moving forward.

Comment

Bargnani still doesn't look right to me. He looks like he is holding back a bit or maybe he is afraid of re-injury. Since he has been out sooo much and the team learned to get along without him...I give him another 4 - 5 games before I start bashing him again
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

This year the thing I've noticed is missing most is Tim w.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
            true

Comment

And Multipaul, lol. That feud was hilarious, like watching a sitcom. You knew exactly how it was going to end, but the storyline was always a bit different.

Comment

People are just tired of losing. Wears you out and theres just no energy left for complaining.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                  People are just tired of losing. Wears you out and theres just no energy left for complaining.
                  +1

also we aren't in anything except tank mode as long as Jose is running point.
                  tank = who cares for now
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

hahahaha i was just about to say that.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      Bargnani still doesn't look right to me. He looks like he is holding back a bit or maybe he is afraid of re-injury. Since he has been out sooo much and the team learned to get along without him...I give him another 4 - 5 games before I start bashing him again
                      I was watching nba coast to coast last night and bruce bowen and tim legler were discussing how miami was missing the practice time coz they cant correct mistakes without practice. they also mentioned not having practice time was bad for players coming off injury because they cant get back into rhythm. thats why most of the teams who are really not playing for anything are shutting down their core players who have injuries. i guess the raps should have done the same with Bargnani.

Comment

I came to this thread to post that I missed Tim W but I see I'm not the only one.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          I came to this thread to post that I missed Tim W but I see I'm not the only one.
                          We should have an Everything Tim W. thread

Comment

I may get some backlash on this, but i think RR regressed a bit this year.

Last year, there were a couple of contests for free tix, more interesting topix, but this season, its a bit dry. I still love this forum, but you asked so i answered, hehehe.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              I was watching nba coast to coast last night and bruce bowen and tim legler were discussing how miami was missing the practice time coz they cant correct mistakes without practice. they also mentioned not having practice time was bad for players coming off injury because they cant get back into rhythm. thats why most of the teams who are really not playing for anything are shutting down their core players who have injuries. i guess the raps should have done the same with Bargnani.
                              The only problem with this is that Bargnani is still auditioning for a spot on the roster next season. Management needs to be 100% sure what he's capable of providing this team over the next 4 years. And he's done nothing to cement their decision either way. Is he a cornerstone, or is he a trade asset? After 6 years, nobody can answer that with any certainty. Hence the reason we can't afford to sit him.

This summer is arguably the biggest offseason in franchise history. If Colangelo doesn't turn things around and make us into a competitive basketball team in 2012-13, he doesn't get extended, we start the search for a new GM, who wants his own coach and players that fit his personal philosophy, and as a result, the "rebuild" is postponed another 2-3 years. I personally don't think the fanbase will put up with 3 more years of 20-win basketball. The ACC will get emptier, and emptier, and for the first time in 19 years, we might start to hear rumblings of the Seattle Raptors. All of this starts and ends with a decision on Bargnani this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X