Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What wing pair would you like to see on opening night 2012-13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double D and MKG, unless I give up on DeMar.

Also wouldn't agree with SG and SF being interchangeable - I would faceroll my keyboard if DeMar was slotted in at SF. Need the size and strength to shore up the D and help on the glass.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      Why would you move MKG to SG? let's make it harder on a guy by playing him out of position. We already complain that we have a non shooting SG, so what would be different? J.J. and MKG would give nice energy, but we would struggle to score. If DeMar can work on his shot over the summer that could be deadly pairing. Remember he wasn't allowed to have contact with the coaching staff last summer. I think he will have a huge improvement over the offseason.

DeMar and MKG all the way.
      are you sure derozan's offseason isn't going to be more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROgMigrH54

Comment

Derozan/Gilchrist or Derozan/Beal.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          are you sure derozan's offseason isn't going to be more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROgMigrH54
          Roscoes Chicken and Waffles is the best in L.A, it's a place that sees the best of athletes (NBA especially).

Comment

James Johnson & Demar Derozan.

Rookies gotta prove themselves before they start in the NBA if you ask me.
            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              My option isn't on the list (Beal and MKG),

But realistically, I think the holes in DeMar's game are a bigger problem at SG than the holes in JJ's game at SF. From this perspective, I'd go with Beal and JJ.

But from an overall talent perspective, I think MKG is easily the best wing in the draft. And I wouldn't want to pass him up. But pairing him up with DeRozan does nothing for me. If we draft MKG, I would hope DeRozan becomes expendable for a Mayo-type player.
              +1 on all counts

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                What wing pair would you like to see in Raptors uniforms on opening night 2012-13?
                Minka Kelly and Kate Beckinsale would be a great pair for my.... wait, what are you asking about again?

Comment

i flip flop between MKG and Beal often but i can't really pick which one i'd want to pair with JJ right now
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Why is Batum/MKG not an option? That would be a dream come true for any raptor fan.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                      James Johnson & Demar Derozan.

Rookies gotta prove themselves before they start in the NBA if you ask me.
                      In this draft, the expectations are these players will be NBA contributors right away, and that's why it isn't a favorable choice for MKG/Beal to sit first.

Comment

mayo and mkg

if not mayo

dd and mkg

can we have 2 mkgs?

beal/johnson also seems nice

or a lamb johnson

and finally, what about a

rivers johnson combo

Comment

LeBron James/Dwyane Wade

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            In this draft, the expectations are these players will be NBA contributors right away, and that's why it isn't a favorable choice for MKG/Beal to sit first.
                            Oh I expect MKG/Beal to be NBA contributors right away, I just don't see them contributing as much as James Johnson/Demar Derozan on opening night.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              My option isn't on the list (Beal and MKG),

But realistically, I think the holes in DeMar's game are a bigger problem at SG than the holes in JJ's game at SF. From this perspective, I'd go with Beal and JJ.

But from an overall talent perspective, I think MKG is easily the best wing in the draft. And I wouldn't want to pass him up. But pairing him up with DeRozan does nothing for me. If we draft MKG, I would hope DeRozan becomes expendable for a Mayo-type player.
                              A James Johnson/MKG wing combo would be deadly on the defensive end, probably one of the best wing combo's in the game, from a defensive standpoint. I would like to see that!

Comment

Working...
                              X