No announcement yet.

Doug Smith: Ben Uzoh (PG) officially in Raptors fold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raptors made a decent signing. I like him but I don't see where he would fit when Bayless returns. Bayless could play a little 2 but I wouldnt want that because Forbes has stepped it up. They signed a decent player that we didnt need.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      lol - one needs to be a close friend or relative of Udoh to get pumped for this.

Still, it is nice to see some PG help. Calderon can't continue to play 45 minutes per night. And I really wouldn't mind shutting him down for the year with 10-12 games left (i.e. next week to 10 days).
      I have him in my fanatasy league and I'm in the Finals.

They had better ride Jose the rest of the way, like a pony at a County Fair! lol

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
        I have him in my fanatasy league and I'm in the Finals.

They had better ride Jose the rest of the way, like a pony at a County Fair! lol
        Oh man. No offense but sucks to be you - and any other fantasy manager with a player on a sh!t team jockeying for draft position over the last 10-15 games on their roster.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
          The Raptors made a decent signing. I like him but I don't see where he would fit when Bayless returns. Bayless could play a little 2 but I wouldnt want that because Forbes has stepped it up. They signed a decent player that we didnt need.
          he's signing for ten days not 10 years. By the time bayless is back uzoh will be gone

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            he's signing for ten days not 10 years. By the time bayless is back uzoh will be gone
            The type of injury Bayless has is a lingering one. His hip just gave out on him. Out of curiosity did you see it?

*knock on wood* I don't want to jinx anything but given the schedule over the last 30 days (16 games), I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Bayless to sit more than he plays *knock on wood, hope I'm wrong*

Comment

The type of injury Bayless has is a lingering one. His hip just gave out on him. Out of curiosity did you see it?

*knock on wood* I don't want to jinx anything but given the schedule over the last 30 days (16 games), I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Bayless to sit more than he plays *knock on wood, hope I'm wrong*
              Ya i saw it. Thats why i said he'll be out atleast another week

Comment

Ya i saw it. Thats why i said he'll be out atleast another week
                I hope you are right.

Every week is 4 games.

Comment

I hope you are right.

Every week is 4 games.
                  When bayless is on the floor i feel more confident this season. The guy can single handedly bring your team back from huge deficits. I want him back next season, whether its starting or off the bench

Comment

Calderon can't continue to play 45 minutes per night. And I really wouldn't mind shutting him down for the year with 10-12 games left (i.e. next week to 10 days).
                    Forget that action - ride calderon in to the ground until he:
                    a) beefs up his stats for off season value
                    b) re- injures himself to the point where he is done and you are left with Forbes at starting PG *ahem* lottery
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Oh man. No offense but sucks to be you - and any other fantasy manager with a player on a sh!t team jockeying for draft position over the last 10-15 games on their roster.
                      I think he may have made the mistake and thought of Udrih???

Comment

I thought Jose would be more likely to blow out his hip with all the minutes he's been piling on. Happy that there's some form of relief now.

Comment

Nice signing

Not a huge splash but a move that makes sense.

Given Bayless' injury we probably wont see him again this year, since the team probably doesnt want this to turn into something that lingers.

Also I like the fact that Uzoh is young, he could turn into a good third string point guard for us, better than starting Forbes at the point if you ask me. Plus we have nothing to lose in this deal.
                          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

When bayless is on the floor i feel more confident this season. The guy can single handedly bring your team back from huge deficits. I want him back next season, whether its starting or off the bench
                            +1
                            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Absinthe wrote: View Post
                              I thought Jose would be more likely to blow out his hip with all the minutes he's been piling on. Happy that there's some form of relief now.
                              It's the rest he's gotten from a long period of time, in other instances, he plays for Spain internationally, and there isn't a lockout every season giving out 2 extra months of rest.

Like Matt said, Calderon's injuries have taken a halt because of the rest, next season could be a different outlook.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Looks like Bayless will miss the remainder of the season:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...y_Torn_Oblique

Comment

Working...
                                X