Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solomon Alabi -

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The only issue is David Stern. He might come at the Raptors with 'lottery-fixing' charges if Alabi was to play above 5 minutes per game in any game within 15 points.
    I think the horse ran out of the barn on that one when they started Rasual Butler for the first dozen games or so.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

solo rides solo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    I think the horse ran out of the barn on that one when they started Rasual Butler for the first dozen games or so.
    Good point, lol.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Have Butler or Carter caught on with a playoff team yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Alabi's lucky they let him into the building on gamedays....

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like he will slowly receive more minutes as the season ends but I can not see him getting over 6 minutes in a game. All I want is him to slowly play a few more minutes, just so we can really see him against nba competition for more then 1 minute at the end of a blow out.

To be honest, I watched him a bit at FSU and I think he is very talented. He has some rare qualities about him. His size is one thing, but he can track a shot well when he goes for a block. He can go up quick. He has more upside then most people give him credit for. Offensively, I distinctly remember a NCAA commentator calling him "dangerous" around the basket (I am searching for a link). He can make that close range jumper. He was predicted to be a 1st round pick in that draft which was a pretty solid draft, that is saying something. I think it is possible that he can contribute some way (whether that be 6-10 minutes a game or less) in the future.

All that being said, if he could play extended minutes, he would. There is something holding him back that the coaching staff clearly see's. My guess would be speed, fitness, and strength. He is not "nba ready"...what ever that means.

I hope he can sort of make it but I doubt it happens.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we are bashing him. I'm just coming to the conclusion that if Casey isn't playing him there is a reason. He played a D-leaguer an hour after he got off the plane. I think it paints the picture right there. He is obviously good enough to be with the team, but not good enough to be on the floor.

From what I have read in the past Solo has great work ethic. He also appears to have a great attitude, but sometimes that is not enough to get on the court.

I would love to see him succeed! But I trust the teams evaluation of him.
    Last edited by saints91; Tue Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:47 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    All that being said, if he could play extended minutes, he would. There is something holding him back that the coaching staff clearly see's. My guess would be speed, fitness, and strength. He is not "nba ready"...what ever that means..............
    I remember someone/article/coach said that Alabi's basketball IQ is far below average.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information