Solomon Alabi -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lin was producing after being handed minutes. Nobody can accuse you of tanking when you're winning games.

Alabi, on the other hand, would be stumbling and bumbling for 35 minutes a night, while providing us with next to nothing, making the tank very obvious. But then again, that's what Bargnani's doing right now

Hey, he made a foul line jumper to edge us to within 2 points of pizza last night and looked a hell of a lot better than Ed Davis doing it.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
      Hey, he made a foul line jumper to edge us to within 2 points of pizza last night and looked a hell of a lot better than Ed Davis doing it.
      I'm not very high on Davis anymore either. I don't see the "potential". He's a decent rebounder, and weak-side defender, but his countless limitations test my patience. I think his ceiling is Amir :|

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Alabi play more mins, but 20 is too much.
        Although I dont mind losing, I dont want the raptors to be humiliated every game.
        The Culture is just as important to a team than a good player, imo.

Comment

can we just get rid of this Albitross already.

Comment

I'm confused about where to stand with Solo.. I mean, it's not like I've had a chance to see any tangible performances from him. So, I have no choice but to trust Case and BC on this. A little sad how he gets bashed, while he didn't get a chance (barring him not making said chance for himself via poor work ethic).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              The only issue is David Stern. He might come at the Raptors with 'lottery-fixing' charges if Alabi was to play above 5 minutes per game in any game within 15 points.
              I think the horse ran out of the barn on that one when they started Rasual Butler for the first dozen games or so.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

solo rides solo

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                  I think the horse ran out of the barn on that one when they started Rasual Butler for the first dozen games or so.
                  Good point, lol.

Comment

Have Butler or Carter caught on with a playoff team yet?

Comment

Alabi's lucky they let him into the building on gamedays....

Comment

It looks like he will slowly receive more minutes as the season ends but I can not see him getting over 6 minutes in a game. All I want is him to slowly play a few more minutes, just so we can really see him against nba competition for more then 1 minute at the end of a blow out.

To be honest, I watched him a bit at FSU and I think he is very talented. He has some rare qualities about him. His size is one thing, but he can track a shot well when he goes for a block. He can go up quick. He has more upside then most people give him credit for. Offensively, I distinctly remember a NCAA commentator calling him "dangerous" around the basket (I am searching for a link). He can make that close range jumper. He was predicted to be a 1st round pick in that draft which was a pretty solid draft, that is saying something. I think it is possible that he can contribute some way (whether that be 6-10 minutes a game or less) in the future.

All that being said, if he could play extended minutes, he would. There is something holding him back that the coaching staff clearly see's. My guess would be speed, fitness, and strength. He is not "nba ready"...what ever that means.

I hope he can sort of make it but I doubt it happens.

Comment

I don't think we are bashing him. I'm just coming to the conclusion that if Casey isn't playing him there is a reason. He played a D-leaguer an hour after he got off the plane. I think it paints the picture right there. He is obviously good enough to be with the team, but not good enough to be on the floor.

From what I have read in the past Solo has great work ethic. He also appears to have a great attitude, but sometimes that is not enough to get on the court.

I would love to see him succeed! But I trust the teams evaluation of him.
                          Last edited by saints91; Tue Mar 27, 2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            All that being said, if he could play extended minutes, he would. There is something holding him back that the coaching staff clearly see's. My guess would be speed, fitness, and strength. He is not "nba ready"...what ever that means..............
                            I remember someone/article/coach said that Alabi's basketball IQ is far below average.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                            X