No announcement yet.

SVG disses Raptor's fans pizza promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at the end of the day, its just a promo. doesnt matter if they shell out pizza when the Raps limit the opponent to less than 100 pts or making 100 pts themselves. the players/team could care less. but if a player sees the board at 98 and wants to make a basket to give the fans pizza then why not? even if theyre down 50 or up 50, who cares. i think its a nice gesture to the fans. and i support this more now because of what katman said. and yes, it doesnt cure homelessness, but every little bit helps.

Comment

They can show fan appreciation AND avoid league-wide embarrassment by simply restricting the promotion to Raptor wins.

Hopefully wins (and free pizza) will be much more prevalent starting next season....

Comment

I really don't think the promotion was the point of his comments at all. I think it was more of a comment on the Toronto fans who disappear during the game it things aren't going well for the team only to reappear for a pizza promotion. Debate the promotion all you like, but it's the fans who should support their team win or lose that he was commenting on. Imagine the ACC with that kind of noise throughout the game, what kind of lift would that give to the players. Just a thought.

And yes I know that you have paid for your ticket and have every right to boo or not cheer or whatever. But if you really want to be part of a culture change........

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
          I really don't think the promotion was the point of his comments at all. I think it was more of a comment on the Toronto fans who disappear during the game it things aren't going well for the team only to reappear for a pizza promotion. Debate the promotion all you like, but it's the fans who should support their team win or lose that he was commenting on. Imagine the ACC with that kind of noise throughout the game, what kind of lift would that give to the players. Just a thought.

And yes I know that you have paid for your ticket and have every right to boo or not cheer or whatever. But if you really want to be part of a culture change........
          I agree in theory, but it's extremely hard to be genuinely excited about a regular season game in a lost season.

We've seen how loud the ACC can be when meaningful games are being played. It's only a matter of time until we're back there again.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            They can show fan appreciation AND avoid league-wide embarrassment by simply restricting the promotion to Raptor wins.

Hopefully wins (and free pizza) will be much more prevalent starting next season....
            I agree with this. Its good for the fans, and image of the team.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post

SVG is just exaggerating. how can the pizza cheer be the loudest when half of the fans are already gone?

He just likes to stir controversy.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                People probably could care less about the pizza, they just want something to cheer for.
                +

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I can see the flaw in the promotion. This is an old idea built around an old system focused on scoring and not on playing the two way game. I like the Lakers promotion where if they hold the other team to under 100 point the fans then get something free. Although with Casey at the helm they better make it 95 or 90... We don't want to see anybody go out of business, do we?

Im sure the number guys could come up with a good number based on Pace/Drtg/oppofrtg? etc.

But 100 would definitely be too high...

Comment

Promo = Win + <95 (opp)

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I agree in theory, but it's extremely hard to be genuinely excited about a regular season game in a lost season.

We've seen how loud the ACC can be when meaningful games are being played. It's only a matter of time until we're back there again.
                      Completely agree. I just remember being at UNC Davis' last year there when he was injured watching a game against Duke and despite an absolutely terrible season, the fans stood all game, cheered all game and even had some sort of song at the end of the game wishing the players better luck next game. I know that is a bit much for the NBA, but the fact that the fans supported the team all season etc. was a real eye opener. I suppose that it depends a bit on what your expectations are for the team on a game by game basis. The fact that this team with little talent, woefully low payroll etc. has really competed pretty hard on a majority of nights makes me happy as a fan. would I like to see 50 wins, absolutely, maybe next year.

Comment

40+ wins is reasonable. The Raps will come out looking like the OKC of the east

Comment

i was very embarrassed when the crowd exploded at that moment. but it has been just a thing they have done to fill seats in a losing team's arena...gotta pay the bills

its good when they win, but in a situation like that i felt sad to be a raps fan a little...like when fans would cheer a backcourt violation back in 95

Comment

I think that the Raptors should consider signing Florida guard Erving Walker as a free agent to promote a taco promotion instead of always just pizza. It would draw the gluten intolerant crowd.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ged-theft-taco

Comment

Working...
                            X