Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Chandler's playing in Toronto!....for Denver. Game day thread

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I've got an uneasy feeling about this one. Undermanned squad playing against a western playoff team that owns us. But if this year's team has been about one thing in their wins, it's been about dethroning a nemesis. The nuggets are that (just ask triano). Should be a solid loss but let's see how it plays out in the post barbosa, post bayless, post demar's healthy ankle era (aka the toronto ten day raptors).
    Errrr....I called it?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Errrr....I called it?
    I'd like to be a homer but I cant. Denver played horrible in the last qtr. They finished the game going 0-15 and missed open looks. Easy win for the Raps. The Nuggets miss Nene in the middle. Our front line over powered them last qtr. Your orig. analysis was good actually. Rarely do the Raps get blown out 2 games in a row...Casey gets them focused quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar coming back from injury. Struggled from the field after coming off a tremendous outing against New York. Wasn't surprised tonight.

Lovin' me some Bargnani tonight. (I don't say that very often, I don't know why)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    McGee is such a douche bag, he dunks it over Calderon.. Then stares Calderon down and does a little salute, like are you proud bro? Dunked it over a pg who's like a foot shorter than you? He's been looking for attention this whole game, even when he made a couple blocks, he stared the guys down and tried showboating, like who the f*ck does he think he is.. I wouldn't want him playing for the Raps, he's an idiot, idc about any upside he has because the guy is so classless and he's all about trying to make the highlight reel no matter how selfish he has to be.
    I rewound and watched that dunk 3 times, lol.

Yes, it was over a PG, but it was still nice. If we see Jonas pull off something like that next year, we'd all be weak in the knees.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I rewound and watched that dunk 3 times, lol.

Yes, it was over a PG, but it was still nice. If we see Jonas pull off something like that next year, we'd all be weak in the knees.
    The dunk was incredible. I don't think anyone has much issue with the play. It is his demeanour and follow up to the play (on Kleiza as well). He is just a douchebag. He hasn't earned the right to such arrogance - but clearly he never got that memo. He is the epitome of style over substance and trying to look good rather than trying to be good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to give some credit to Ty Lawson. Every time the raps have had an upset win (even over a mediocre team) this season, you read a quote from a guy on the other team saying how it's inexcusable that they lost to a team like the raptors. Thought Lawson's post game quote was going the same way but he showed some class in how he said it. And I guess I can give him credit for 26 points in 2 quarters (never mind the 1st and 4th).

"You can just tell by how we play — big games, we're probably way more focused," he said. "You can just tell, everybody is ready to go. Some games, when we play a team like the Raptors, with a record that doesn't show how good they are, we might let up. We can't keep doing that."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...e-another-road

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

About the afterdunkparty: Mcgee got substituted when Denver got possession again and I wonder if it might be related.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That McGee reaction is sure going to be included into this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI
    We are going to have really nice collection in 10 years, I'm so looooking forward!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes i feel like bitch slapping DeMar for not doing that. I mean the dunk not the gay salute, i remember when VC used to smash it on anyone even Mutumbo. I had a dream last night where MKG(yes we drafted him) dunked on Javale Mcgee and he dunked it on his head soo hard that he got a concussion and left the game on a stretcher.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^ (weeping like a baby)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Sometimes i feel like bitch slapping DeMar for not doing that. I mean the dunk not the gay salute, i remember when VC used to smash it on anyone even Mutumbo. I had a dream last night where MKG(yes we drafted him) dunked on Javale Mcgee and he dunked it on his head soo hard that he got a concussion and left the game on a stretcher.

DeMar is not strong enough. He has hops with an uncontested drive to the hoop. He is amazing in a dunk competition or summer playground ball. To take the next step as a basketball player, he needs to work on some non-basketball things.

Raptors Republic Rookie Absinthe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DeMar is not strong enough. He has hops with an uncontested drive to the hoop. He is amazing in a dunk competition or summer playground ball. To take the next step as a basketball player, he needs to work on some non-basketball things.
    Get him some weight gain 4000. BEEFCAKE!

Post Thanks / Like

But VC wasn't that strong either I'm pretty sure he was skinnier than demar back in the day

Post Thanks / Like

But VC wasn't that strong either I'm pretty sure he was skinnier than demar back in the day
    Go watch DeMar's dunk competitions and VC's dunk competitions.
    Watch highlight reels of VC in game dunks and DeMar's in game dunks.

They are night and day.

VC might not have been that strong but he was explosive. He sh!t fast-twitch muscle fibre every morning after breakfast because he had too much in his body. It was sick how explosive and quick off the ground he was. That is not DeMar.

VC's Raptor Highlights speak for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Go watch DeMar's dunk competitions and VC's dunk competitions.
    Watch highlight reels of VC in game dunks and DeMar's in game dunks.

They are night and day.

VC might not have been that strong but he was explosive. He sh!t fast-twitch muscle fibre every morning after breakfast because he had too much in his body. It was sick how explosive and quick off the ground he was. That is not DeMar.

VC's Raptor Highlights speak for themselves.
    Then why did you bring up not being strong enough? So do you think MKG could pull off VC type dunks

Post Thanks / Like

Plus demar has hops why not just take off every time you have space to take 2 steps

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

did mcgee give any stare downs after his 3 second defensive violations last night?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    That McGee reaction is sure going to be included into this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI
    We are going to have really nice collection in 10 years, I'm so looooking forward!
    I think McGee may have compiled that countdown. The top 8 list had no 7 and two 6's. It didn't make any sense but it was fun to watch....kind of like McGee.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus demar has hops why not just take off every time you have space to take 2 steps
    Because not every drive to the hoop will be an open lane, and there will be contact at almost every drive, and Demar doesn't have that strength to take the contact and fly up. Vince Carter was too fast and too quick to be touched when he slashed towards the rim. Both are athletic, but in different aspects. In this case, Vince Carter had the jump in overall athleticism, unlike Demar who is a raw athlete, who can jump and stride, but no explosiveness, not quickness, long strides. Vince was a freak athlete, but not one like Lebron James. LeBron is CLEARLY a different story....

Post Thanks / Like

Then why did you bring up not being strong enough? So do you think MKG could pull off VC type dunks
    Since DeMar does not have the explosiveness VC had, DD needs to go through the contact - not over it or before it like Vince did.

MKG has nothing to do with this.

I love the love for DD but objectivity. Please.

Thread Information