No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler's playing in Toronto!....for Denver. Game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to give some credit to Ty Lawson. Every time the raps have had an upset win (even over a mediocre team) this season, you read a quote from a guy on the other team saying how it's inexcusable that they lost to a team like the raptors. Thought Lawson's post game quote was going the same way but he showed some class in how he said it. And I guess I can give him credit for 26 points in 2 quarters (never mind the 1st and 4th).

"You can just tell by how we play — big games, we're probably way more focused," he said. "You can just tell, everybody is ready to go. Some games, when we play a team like the Raptors, with a record that doesn't show how good they are, we might let up. We can't keep doing that."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...e-another-road

Comment

About the afterdunkparty: Mcgee got substituted when Denver got possession again and I wonder if it might be related.

Comment

That McGee reaction is sure going to be included into this:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI
        We are going to have really nice collection in 10 years, I'm so looooking forward!
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Sometimes i feel like bitch slapping DeMar for not doing that. I mean the dunk not the gay salute, i remember when VC used to smash it on anyone even Mutumbo. I had a dream last night where MKG(yes we drafted him) dunked on Javale Mcgee and he dunked it on his head soo hard that he got a concussion and left the game on a stretcher.

Comment

^ (weeping like a baby)
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Sometimes i feel like bitch slapping DeMar for not doing that. I mean the dunk not the gay salute, i remember when VC used to smash it on anyone even Mutumbo. I had a dream last night where MKG(yes we drafted him) dunked on Javale Mcgee and he dunked it on his head soo hard that he got a concussion and left the game on a stretcher.

DeMar is not strong enough. He has hops with an uncontested drive to the hoop. He is amazing in a dunk competition or summer playground ball. To take the next step as a basketball player, he needs to work on some non-basketball things.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                DeMar is not strong enough. He has hops with an uncontested drive to the hoop. He is amazing in a dunk competition or summer playground ball. To take the next step as a basketball player, he needs to work on some non-basketball things.
                Get him some weight gain 4000. BEEFCAKE!

Comment

But VC wasn't that strong either I'm pretty sure he was skinnier than demar back in the day

Comment

But VC wasn't that strong either I'm pretty sure he was skinnier than demar back in the day
                    Go watch DeMar's dunk competitions and VC's dunk competitions.
                    Watch highlight reels of VC in game dunks and DeMar's in game dunks.

They are night and day.

VC might not have been that strong but he was explosive. He sh!t fast-twitch muscle fibre every morning after breakfast because he had too much in his body. It was sick how explosive and quick off the ground he was. That is not DeMar.

VC's Raptor Highlights speak for themselves.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Go watch DeMar's dunk competitions and VC's dunk competitions.
                      Watch highlight reels of VC in game dunks and DeMar's in game dunks.

They are night and day.

VC might not have been that strong but he was explosive. He sh!t fast-twitch muscle fibre every morning after breakfast because he had too much in his body. It was sick how explosive and quick off the ground he was. That is not DeMar.

VC's Raptor Highlights speak for themselves.
                      Then why did you bring up not being strong enough? So do you think MKG could pull off VC type dunks

Comment

Plus demar has hops why not just take off every time you have space to take 2 steps

Comment

did mcgee give any stare downs after his 3 second defensive violations last night?

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            That McGee reaction is sure going to be included into this:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI
                            We are going to have really nice collection in 10 years, I'm so looooking forward!
                            I think McGee may have compiled that countdown. The top 8 list had no 7 and two 6's. It didn't make any sense but it was fun to watch....kind of like McGee.

Comment

Plus demar has hops why not just take off every time you have space to take 2 steps
                              Because not every drive to the hoop will be an open lane, and there will be contact at almost every drive, and Demar doesn't have that strength to take the contact and fly up. Vince Carter was too fast and too quick to be touched when he slashed towards the rim. Both are athletic, but in different aspects. In this case, Vince Carter had the jump in overall athleticism, unlike Demar who is a raw athlete, who can jump and stride, but no explosiveness, not quickness, long strides. Vince was a freak athlete, but not one like Lebron James. LeBron is CLEARLY a different story....
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Then why did you bring up not being strong enough? So do you think MKG could pull off VC type dunks
                                Since DeMar does not have the explosiveness VC had, DD needs to go through the contact - not over it or before it like Vince did.

MKG has nothing to do with this.

I love the love for DD but objectivity. Please.

Comment

Working...
                                X