• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would do it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7amdrp2

Would you?

I would offer in a heartbeat.

The Pacers would deny in a heartbeat.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I would offer in a heartbeat.

The Pacers would deny in a heartbeat.
      Depends what your looking for at the shooting guard position as Demar and George couldn't be anymore different (aside from getting robbed in dunk contests). Not so sure it's a definite yes or no from either side. I wouldn't make this deal until I know who's on board when we're making our draft selection. I like Paul George a lot (more then Demar) but i don't think it's as clear cut as your making it out to be.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
        Depends what your looking for at the shooting guard position as Demar and George couldn't be anymore different (aside from getting robbed in dunk contests). Not so sure it's a definite yes or no from either side. I wouldn't make this deal until I know who's on board when we're making our draft selection. I like Paul George a lot (more then Demar) but i don't think it's as clear cut as your making it out to be.
        Let's say we get Barnes, I would do it. I would also be ready to add one of our 2nd round pick and cash, if it takes it. I would also do this kind of trade for Tyreke Evans.

Comment

Larry Bird would have to be drunk in trade discussions in order to agree to that particular deal. Either that or the mafia would have to be holding a gun to his head.

Comment

No, the Pacers wouldn't even consider.

Paul George's ceiling includes a superstar small forward written all over it, Demar Derozan's ceiling says all-star at best.

Paul George in no matter what, is a much better player with much better potential by far.

Comment

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Hey don't get me wrong, but this is a dream at minimum.

Comment

No, the Pacers wouldn't even consider.

Paul George's ceiling includes a superstar small forward written all over it, Demar Derozan's ceiling says all-star at best.

Paul George in no matter what, is a much better player with much better potential by far.
                  "Superstar small forward" lmao be serious. The guy is a nice piece but superstar? I think where he is gonna make his impact is on the defensive end of the ball. He has potential to be a lock down defender who is capable of getting out in transition, slashing and hitting open 3's. His handle is suspect perhaps even worse the Demars. Can't create his own shot at this point and your saying "superstar small forward written all over it"? I think your using that term way to loosely. So in your eyes he's a future franchise player? I would use the term superstar small forward with guys like Kevin Durant, LBJ and maybe Melo. I don't see him with this type of potential. All star potential you could argue but your getting into guys like Gerald Wallace and Danny Granger who I think is better comparison to make.

Comment

"Superstar small forward" lmao be serious. The guy is a nice piece but superstar? I think where he is gonna make his impact is on the defensive end of the ball. He has potential to be a lock down defender who is capable of getting out in transition, slashing and hitting open 3's. His handle is suspect perhaps even worse the Demars. Can't create his own shot at this point and your saying "superstar small forward written all over it"? I think your using that term way to loosely. So in your eyes he's a future franchise player? I would use the term superstar small forward with guys like Kevin Durant, LBJ and maybe Melo. I don't see him with this type of potential. All star potential you could argue but your getting into guys like Gerald Wallace and Danny Granger who I think is better comparison to make.
                    Off the bench, he's been producing at a high level and has been a big contributor to the Pacers' success this season. The kid has definitely more skills, and intangibles that make him a better player, and that gives him the ability to be a superstar small forward. Good work ethic, he's only 22 years old in his second season, if that small forward spot was given to Paul George, you could see a huge lift in production, and the same steady rate the team has been going all season.

His handle is even worse than Demar's? Be serious, Demar's handle is fair at best. Paul George will be a very good player down the road. I could most definitely see him as a superstar player, he has those things that Demar doesn't, and he will only develop those things as the time comes. Strength, explosiveness, perimeter game, good defense, just intangibles Demar doesn't have, and these are skills that players build on over time to become a big time player.

Maybe I am using the term "superstar" a bit loosely, but I don't think it's a stretch statement compared if I were to use that on Demar...

Comment

If we made a trade of Demar for Paul George, we would see much better production from George consistently, and be more of an impact player on a night-to-night basis. Team improvements? Maybe. Maybe not. IMO, Paul George is a better player now, and will be a better player down the road. (Hoping I get proved wrong.)

Comment

Off the bench, he's been producing at a high level and has been a big contributor to the Pacers' success this season. The kid has definitely more skills, and intangibles that make him a better player, and that gives him the ability to be a superstar small forward. Good work ethic, he's only 22 years old in his second season, if that small forward spot was given to Paul George, you could see a huge lift in production, and the same steady rate the team has been going all season.

His handle is even worse than Demar's? Be serious, Demar's handle is fair at best. Paul George will be a very good player down the road. I could most definitely see him as a superstar player, he has those things that Demar doesn't, and he will only develop those things as the time comes. Strength, explosiveness, perimeter game, good defense, just intangibles Demar doesn't have, and these are skills that players build on over time to become a big time player.

Maybe I am using the term "superstar" a bit loosely, but I don't think it's a stretch statement compared if I were to use that on Demar...
                        First things first George has started 50 out of 50 games this year for the Pacers and does not come off the bench. They start him at shooting guard and you'd know this if you've actually watched any games. Has he been a contributor to there success? No question but in no was shape or form does he carry the load on either side of the ball. He's a year younger then Demar and has the much better body to play the 3 (George has freakishly long arms).

I think Demar's handle is suspect for a guard but "fair" as you say for Demars what adjective would you use to describe George's? One thing Demar can do that George isn't able to do is score the ball and get to the free throw line. In 50 games George has been to the free throw line 122 times in comparison Demar has been there 265 times in the same amount of games. The two guys couldn't be anymore different in style of play. It comes down to what do you need on your team... Do you need someone who can score the ball or do you need a glue guy who is good at a lot of things. Each guy has positives and negatives and I think it depends on a teams needs to put a value on either of them.

What would you put Paul Georges ceiling at or who would you compare him too? I see a player similar in the mold of Luol Deng who will be a decent second or great third option offensively and be a lock down defender on the other side of the ball. George will take more 3's then Deng, get more steals, run the floor better and see more high light dunks. Although I don't see that efficient mid range game in his arsenal at least at this point.

Just to be clear "superstar a bit loosely" is a massive understatement. There are maybe 10 Superstars in the league and I can't imagine Paul Georges name ever being mentioned in the top 10 players in the league in the foreseeable future. I could be wrong...

Comment

If we made a trade of Demar for Paul George, we would see much better production from George consistently, and be more of an impact player on a night-to-night basis. Team improvements? Maybe. Maybe not. IMO, Paul George is a better player now, and will be a better player down the road. (Hoping I get proved wrong.)
                          I think George is the better player and would prefer him just feel your no where close to the superstar potential your making him out to have.

Comment

First things first George has started 50 out of 50 games this year for the Pacers and does not come off the bench. They start him at shooting guard and you'd know this if you've actually watched any games. Has he been a contributor to there success? No question but in no was shape or form does he carry the load on either side of the ball. He's a year younger then Demar and has the much better body to play the 3 (George has freakishly long arms).

I think Demar's handle is suspect for a guard but "fair" as you say for Demars what adjective would you use to describe George's? One thing Demar can do that George isn't able to do is score the ball and get to the free throw line. In 50 games George has been to the free throw line 122 times in comparison Demar has been there 265 times in the same amount of games. The two guys couldn't be anymore different in style of play. It comes down to what do you need on your team... Do you need someone who can score the ball or do you need a glue guy who is good at a lot of things. Each guy has positives and negatives and I think it depends on a teams needs to put a value on either of them.

What would you put Paul Georges ceiling at or who would you compare him too? I see a player similar in the mold of Luol Deng who will be a decent second or great third option offensively and be a lock down defender on the other side of the ball. George will take more 3's then Deng, get more steals, run the floor better and see more high light dunks. Although I don't see that efficient mid range game in his arsenal at least at this point.

Just to be clear "superstar a bit loosely" is a massive understatement. There are maybe 10 Superstars in the league and I can't imagine Paul Georges name ever being mentioned in the top 10 players in the league in the foreseeable future. I could be wrong...
                            My Fault, I don't watch the start of any Pacer games though. I usually turn the T.V on to the second quarter.

Paul George is playing SHOOTING guard. What do you expect from comparisons with the FTA to the 3PTA, Danny Granger is a slasher, and Darren Collison is a penetrating guard. There needs to be some complimentary player there to save them from bad penetration, or be the receiver in terms of good penetration. Paul is for sure a glue guy, but his potential is so good he could be much more than a glue guy.

Paul George and Roy Hibbert are by far the future of this team, George is only going to get better with all the experience that's coming along. I can see MANY players with the POTENTIAL, notice I said POTENTIAL, to be a superstar. There are many names that I could put out there, Tyreke Evans, Andrea Bargnani, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Derrick Williams, John Wall, Evan Turner, Demarcus Cousins, etc. Many of these guys can all be potential superstars, they have the skills and intangibles, it's all about their head and the right development. Sure there are NBA comparisons, you could see Paul George in the mold of Luol Deng, I already see him as a Luol Deng now, that says alot that this guy can be MUCH better. Sure at this point no mid-range efficiency, but his potential game says he can develop it.

All I said is potential to be a superstar, there are many players on basically all teams that have the means and abilities to get there. Will they get there? Who knows. We've seen that it goes 50/50 on all potential players. So far, George hasn't dissapointed.

Comment

My Fault, I don't watch the start of any Pacer games though. I usually turn the T.V on to the second quarter.

Paul George is playing SHOOTING guard. What do you expect from comparisons with the FTA to the 3PTA, Danny Granger is a slasher, and Darren Collison is a penetrating guard. There needs to be some complimentary player there to save them from bad penetration, or be the receiver in terms of good penetration. Paul is for sure a glue guy, but his potential is so good he could be much more than a glue guy.

Paul George and Roy Hibbert are by far the future of this team, George is only going to get better with all the experience that's coming along. I can see MANY players with the POTENTIAL, notice I said POTENTIAL, to be a superstar. There are many names that I could put out there, Tyreke Evans, Andrea Bargnani, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Derrick Williams, John Wall, Evan Turner, Demarcus Cousins, etc. Many of these guys can all be potential superstars, they have the skills and intangibles, it's all about their head and the right development. Sure there are NBA comparisons, you could see Paul George in the mold of Luol Deng, I already see him as a Luol Deng now, that says alot that this guy can be MUCH better. Sure at this point no mid-range efficiency, but his potential game says he can develop it.

All I said is potential to be a superstar, there are many players on basically all teams that have the means and abilities to get there. Will they get there? Who knows. We've seen that it goes 50/50 on all potential players. So far, George hasn't dissapointed.
                              What does a position have anything to do with free throws... Do if you play the "SHOOTING" guard position as you describe it you are only allowed to shoot and not drive? Just to be clear Demar has been to the line more then Granger as well. George at this point is a catch and shoot guy because of his limitations and aggressiveness on offense not because of Granger or Collison. If George shows more development perhaps more trust will be given to him from the coaching staff/players and allow him to attack the rack. As of right now the Pacers are a win now team and that means playing to the teams strengths and that's definitely not through George.

I guess this disagreement comes in our standard of superstars or potential ones at that. I believe the league is filled with star players but superstar is a very elite group IMO. Guys like LBJ, Kobe, D12, Rose, KD are superstars and Paul George will be lucky to be an all-star let alone a super star. Everyone sees the game different and has a different level of standards so we'll agree to disagree. I hope your right as one of the players you labeled with "superstar potential" plays for the Raptors!

Comment

Working...
                              X