Time to Mock the Mockers (2012 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    If he does opt out and we get Beal in the draft that could be a beauty of a fit with Bargs, Wallace, Val, Beal
    Gonna hafta open up to vault and seriously overpay for the guy. Looking at minimum 11-12 million a season, especially since he's not too fond of calling Toronto, home.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Gonna hafta open up to vault and seriously overpay for the guy. Looking at minimum 11-12 million a season, especially since he's not too fond of calling Toronto, home.
      True and I suppose that fit would only be good for a few years as he is 29..
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
        I don't think there are many brains to be trusted in New Jersey. They keep putting their eggs all in one Brooklyn branded basket and hoping that everyone thinks they're legit. But they aren't. It's why I still like BCo. He's been very honest about the challenges to building the Raps and has taken some very "outside the box" approaches over the years. NJN seem to think they are entitled to some level of respect that they haven't earned.

Couldn't of happened to a more deserving team though. Portland really needed a break.
        Do not worry about NJ. Prohorov will fill out his roster without the draft. His plan is to win it all within five years. He said it out loud and he has the money. He does not care about the tax; not even the new CBA will scare him. As an example just look at what Abramovich did in Chelsea. I wish our Raps had an owner like that...

Agree with the last sentence though. Portland deserves another high caliber player after what they've gone through with Oden and Roy.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
          Do not worry about NJ. Prohorov will fill out his roster without the draft. His plan is to win it all within five years. He said it out loud and he has the money. He does not care about the tax; not even the new CBA will scare him. As an example just look at what Abramovich did in Chelsea. I wish our Raps had an owner like that...

Agree with the last sentence though. Portland deserves another high caliber player after what they've gone through with Oden and Roy.
          How has an endless supply of money helped New York for the last 10 years?

Money helps but if one is making stupid decisions with it, it hurts.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            How has an endless supply of money helped New York for the last 10 years?

Do not compare James Dolan and Mihail Proharov. No point in arguing here... time will tell.

Comment

Proharov could very well fall flat on his face this summer. He moved a bunch of young assets for a star player not willing to commit long term. He failed to lure D12 out of Orlando even when the Magic gave D12 permission to talk with the Nets. He failed to lock D-Will to a long term deal and meanwhile Cuban cleared massive cap while maintaining a better team than the Nets for this summer to snatch D-Will away from the Nets. Time will tell but right now Proharov doesn't look that great of an owner. Maybe better than Dolan... But that's not difficult. A rock with a billion dollar bank account would give Dolan a run for his money in the basketball world.

Comment

Oden & Roy

Portland may get sympathy for Oden, but no way in hell they get that for Roy. He was a HUGE gamble. Then they went ahead and paid BIG money to extend. To me, that makes 2 stupid moves, and no sympathy from my world.

Comment

And the guy calling those shots no longer is employed there.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Too true, I make stupid decisions all the time and I have no money

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                      At this point, I think that Beal is likely at the top of his value due to his very good performance in games at the end of the season. I expect that he might slide a bit after the combine and workouts, unless he measures better than expected physically and athletically. On the other hand, I expect that Barnes is unlikely to drop any more, and if he measures well and works out well, he will probably move up a bit on a few GM boards. It's hard to know what happens with someone like MKG. He will probably measure well and show his athleticism, and he will probably be a great interview. But if it looks like he shooting is very poor, that might give a few GMs pause. Unless Drummond looks like a stiff in workouts, I expect that he can only go up on GMs' boards based on his performance this year. I expect that GMs' will really pay attention to his interviews as well. I expect that they'll want to have some confidence that he really wants it. If he seems lackadaisical, he might slide a bit more. One of the reasons that JV is such an exciting prospect is that he seems to have a dynamite personality and a great "motor". That, along with his size and great touch will translate very well to the NBA, I think.
                      MKG is a solid ball player don't get me wrong. My only concerns is he is 1 year out of highschool, and he played a lot more with his back to the basket then and in being lethal in transition. There is no doubt at this point is he a wing player (the 3 ideally?) and at Kentucky he's been able to play his style of game because of all the talent around him. He was great on the boards running in transition and of course defensively.

What happens when the talent around him gets worse and far more is expected of him as a high pick? The Raptors could indeed retool their roster, but f it's a true 'build' like BC indicates it is, then MKG would be expected to show he is worthy of that high a pick and I question his readiness to produce in the half court and be productive offensively as an NBA 3 right now.

Comment

did you just say the talent gets worse? Besides Anthony Davis there is no one that is more talented than any Raptor.

Comment

Uh I wouldn't say that
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah, the top ten looks loaded to me. This is one deep draft.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Uh I wouldn't say that
                              Name one Wildcat besides MKG and Davis that is more talented than our starters and main bench players.

Comment

I don't have much confidence in Prokhorov and the Nets based on what I've seen since he took over ownership of the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X