Remember Master P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Master P?

From the department of Celebrities In The Crowd, we had one in Milwaukee. Seriously. Saw the guy signing autographs after the game and he sure looked familiar. Not quite being up on my pop culture but vaguely recognizing the dude, it wasn’t until we were in the locker room waiting to talk to Raptors that someone let me know who it was:

“Did you see Master P here?”

Yes, erstwhile Raptor, and father of DeMar DeRozan’s college roommate, took in the game and the memories started flooding back. I don’t know what was more fun to recall:

The night we were in Dallas for a pre-season game and the fans were chanting “We Want P, We Want P” until Butch finally put him in. Or a night or two later in Edmonton when I watched with great delight Master P running the fast break on the wing while 7-3 Alex Radojevic handled the ball racing up the court. Both of them are forever etched in my mind. And no matter how hard I try, I can’t get the recollection out of my head.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Haha you guys remember P's stint with the Raps during the '99 preseason?! With the production we've been getting from our wings recently, maybe we can bring him back for a tryout!

Master P anyone?

Let me hear ya say "Ugh"

Maybe he and Starbury can duet on a record! lol!!
    RR OG

Comment

I think he was invited to camp as a marketing ploy if anything. Not sure I would call what he had with the Raptors a stint. He never had a contract or anything.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I think he was invited to camp as a marketing ploy if anything. Not sure I would call what he had with the Raptors a stint. He never had a contract or anything.
        I would qualify his 7 or so games with the Raps during the pre-season as a brief stint.

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
        Let me hear ya say "Ugh"

Maybe he and Starbury can duet on a record! lol!!

Comment

Call me crazy, but I liked the purple uniforms. At least they were unique and original...

Comment

Purple is the new Black...

Comment

black is the new purple
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
              X