Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marc Stein ESPN.com insulting our Camouflage Uniforms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the green camo uni's.. i didnt like the choice of shoes some like Amir chose to wear with it... lime green looks sooo ugly.. & wearing bright green like that in action would be like asking for a double tap to the head, so they never fit with the whole military theme either..

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      not sure about that because of the poppy and they have a candian flag on their military uniforms
      Ok, how many Canadian troops wear red camo?

You mention Poppies. This rememberence day, how many people would recognize your symbolic support if you wore a poppy which was painted neon green? Colors carry many symbolic meanings and associations. The camo jerseys are a symbolic gesture of support and I don't think this was meant to simply look cool or accessorize with the Raptors' current color scheme.
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Apr 2, 2012, 06:29 PM. Reason: Iphone...

Comment

I'm liking the camo jerseys, and I like the kicks that JBay, Amir, and a few other were wearing with them. It's become a bit of a trend to wear really bright neon colors, as we saw with Baylor this NCAA tourney. The originators have always been the University of Oregon. They constantly come out with new uni's every year with great designs(not for the old traditionalist though) for their football team, and they look great. But I guess it doesn't hurt to have Nike in your backyard with it's owner as part of your alumni...
        Last edited by Mack North; Mon Apr 2, 2012, 11:35 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Early 90's neon color styles are coming back in a big way.

Comment

I think Neon is already going outta style!
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Don't like how they look. Love the reason for wearing them.

As much as it fits the look of the military, we gotta keep the original colours but keep the theme of the military, we're the Toronto Raptors, not the Toronto soldiers.

Red Camo I'm all for it, red/white/black I would really like to see. Especially it would fit better on our court.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Toronto Soldiers, sounds good! Could be great alternative if the franchise would be renamed.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Did you even watch the games? there are many military dudes at the game in uniform
                  I missed the first one but saw the second and third and didn't see anyone in uni. Maybe I missed it but I like scanning the crowd for biddies — I mean for, uh, people I know. When there's a similar game (w/out the unit obviously) in the states they bring em out on the court at the beginning or during halftime and they all sit court side, usually a marine/airman/seaman and infantry from local divisions are repped with all kinds of pomp. Definitely didn't see that on Sunday but it was a butthole of a game so I was only paying half a mind to it.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    For a team to wear an alternate NBA uniform in the NBA, it has to wear it 4 times at minimum throughout the season.

The Raptors had the big forces recognition night - they just had to wear them 3 more times without the hoopla surrounding them.
                    So they had a ceremony the first time they wore em? Why only the first time? Is it about honouring the forces who sacrifice so much for the rest of us or is it a hollow gimmick to sell some fugly jerseys? IMO if you gonna rep the forces you should carve out a small section of lower bowl seats for them. Not like Sundays game was sold out or anything.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Red on the camo is probably a bad military omen, no?

Anyway, I hope this turns into a tradition and I hope these things sell poorly because... Well I want one but only at a discounted rate.
                      Yes, a tradition would be a great idea. And I too would buy one, if the money was going towards the vets and families serving a the moment.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                        I'm not sure how much I support this whole military theme, especially as it didn't seem to be any military personnel at the game. At least not in uniform and they didn't have any kind of special recognition or ceremony like they do during forces nights in the US.

Anyhow I hated the digi cam unit but liked the idea of the winter camos. I mean we are watching a "winter" sport in Canada and they are the home team. Anyhow, please forgive the crude photchopping job but I'm at work:

I do recall them showing some military men and even a woman during the game. I was on TV but I do recall seeing it if I'm not totally losing my mind!

Comment

Working...
                        X