Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marc Stein ESPN.com insulting our Camouflage Uniforms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Seriously? "Horrendous"?

I don't get it but then again, I like camo in general.

I think they may have been better received in maybe a black and white digital camo... myabe some red thrown in for colour....leafy green doesnt do it for me...

Comment

I actually think they're really cool. I like them.

Anyway, this is just one guy and this is just a basketball jersey. This isn't "America insulting Canada's Vets".
      Good point. Guess he didn't realize that this is not the first time they had them on!

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
        Are the raptors headed for the paintball championships this season?
        Guess that's another way of looking at it!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          lol, well played.
          That's actually pretty cool!

Comment

Yeah these jerseys were ugly. I wonder if anyone actually bought one?

Comment

I think the uniforms look pretty bad, but I 100% appreciate the original reason they were worn, to honour our veterans and the brave men & women currently serving in the Canadian armed forces. I liked them being worn on the Raptors' armed forces appreciation night (Canadian armed forces day is the 1st Sunday in June, per Wikipedia), but I think wearing them for additional random games is dumb and confuses the meaning. If Stein knew why and when they were worn, I would be willing to bet he'd have a completely different opinion.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                I think they may have been better received in maybe a black and white digital camo... myabe some red thrown in for colour....leafy green doesnt do it for me...
                Red on the camo is probably a bad military omen, no?

Anyway, I hope this turns into a tradition and I hope these things sell poorly because... Well I want one but only at a discounted rate.

Comment

From what I understand (I think Doug Smith pointed this out) the Raptors have to wear the jerseys a minimum of 4 games or something in the season because the NBA requires them to since its an "alternate jersey" - I agree with the original purpose and no they aren't pretty, but apparently they aren't wearing them again by choice

Comment

I'm not sure how much I support this whole military theme, especially as it didn't seem to be any military personnel at the game. At least not in uniform and they didn't have any kind of special recognition or ceremony like they do during forces nights in the US.

Anyhow I hated the digi cam unit but liked the idea of the winter camos. I mean we are watching a "winter" sport in Canada and they are the home team. Anyhow, please forgive the crude photchopping job but I'm at work:

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      The jerseys are horrendous. I would rather have the original Raptor jerseys with the eyesore cartoon Raptor on the side, and the jagged pin stripes...
                      i would rather see them play in bra and panties and i'm not gay.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Red on the camo is probably a bad military omen, no?

Anyway, I hope this turns into a tradition and I hope these things sell poorly because... Well I want one but only at a discounted rate.
                        not sure about that because of the poppy and they have a candian flag on their military uniforms
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

There was a thread on the same subject the first time the unis were worn. Leaving aside the reasoning for the creation and wearing/honouring considerations I had mentioned that MLSE in probability is getting a chunk of the profits from this exercise (the Leafs have had their day as well). I have seen in various pieces that MLSE is contributing 20% of sales (link below) to the MIlitary fund. My understanding of typical retail pricing is that the markup is about 100% of costs to bring product to the shelf. In my view 20% is a paltry sum. I fear this is being pitched as an altruistic exercise but really just another revenue stream dreamt up by the guy warming up Peddie's chair. This should have been a non profit event with all the chest beating being done.

Oh and the look? Ugly. But not as much as the cash grab if the 20% # is accurate. Yes I know something is better than nothing. Its the retailing process I find offensive. They could have just setup a MLSE fund for the military where contributions could be made or some other mechanism or entire profits if this uni thing was going to make boatloads of money which I personally doubt.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...yup-more-camo/

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure how much I support this whole military theme, especially as it didn't seem to be any military personnel at the game. At least not in uniform and they didn't have any kind of special recognition or ceremony like they do during forces nights in the US.

Anyhow I hated the digi cam unit but liked the idea of the winter camos. I mean we are watching a "winter" sport in Canada and they are the home team. Anyhow, please forgive the crude photchopping job but I'm at work:

Did you even watch the games? there are many military dudes at the game in uniform

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post

For a team to wear an alternate NBA uniform in the NBA, it has to wear it 4 times at minimum throughout the season.

The Raptors had the big forces recognition night - they just had to wear them 3 more times without the hoopla surrounding them.

Comment

I think they're pretty cool too.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X