Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Two Prospect Fit Next to Valanciunas, Anthony Davis or Thomas Robinson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Two Prospect Fit Next to Valanciunas, Anthony Davis or Thomas Robinson?

Last night was the final night we'd get to see both Anthony Davis and Thomas Robinson until they make their debuts in the NBA. Both bring size, toughness, defense, rebounding and interior scoring. Now say we got the chance to draft one or the other, which one would fit nicely next to Val?
    Anthony Davis
    87.50%
    Thomas Robinson
    12.50%

I say AD because of his extra versatility

Comment

Both do but both would be different fits. I think Davis would free up big Val to do more on offense whereas big Val would free up T-Rob. Either way, they both fit nicely.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Interesting thread though, since I think both guys fit in with Val better than Bargs. Then again, that'd be an awfully green frontcourt.

Matt said it in another thread, but if we did get Davis (or T-Rob) you're better off keeping all 3, at least for the first couple years anyways. At that point, it's Amir and Davis that would be on the block, not Bargs.

That said, I don't see the raps drafting T-Rob at all. Great dude and player but I dont see it.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's hard to look past Davis under any conceivable scenario.

Comment

I voted for Davis because I think he is a better complement to JV on both ends.

Offense - JV and TR both seem to be traditional low-post players (duplication), whereas AD has a much broader offensive game and the ability to be effective further away from the basket.

Defense - AD's help defense is far superior to TR. JV and AD as twin defensive anchors, both providing exceptional help defense, would block or at least alter soooo many shots!

Comment

Davis is the best prospect and the best player in the draft. No offense to Robinson who should be a solid pro but Davis looks better than Robinson next to anyone. Davis and JV for the next 10 years would be awesome. Of course, it's the Raptors, they'll end up drafting 8th, so this won't be an issue.

Comment

AD because he's the better player. I don't care how he fits with JV. JV isn't even here yet.

Comment

With Davis, you don't worry about how he fits with other players, you worry about how other players fit around him. It would be like the Raptors saying they don't want Kobe Bryant because they don't think he'd fit well with Calderon. That said, I think either of those guys with Valanciunas would be a good combination. I think Robinson needs a long, defensively solid center next to him, like he had with Withey, and Valanciunas could definitely be that guy for him.

Comment

Things that can never be - would have been fun to see how JV would have done in the NCAA. Would he have even been eligible to play, after playing pro ball since he was 16?

Comment

Regardless of what anyone make think or analyse there isn't a GM right now who has the bones to bypass/trade down from selecting AD. A round hole will be changed to square to make things fit. The possibilties....

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Things that can never be - would have been fun to see how JV would have done in the NCAA. Would he have even been eligible to play, after playing pro ball since he was 16?
                        It would also be fun to see what AD and other NCAA prospects would have done in senior professional competition.

Comment

I played the ESPN Draft Machine and Raps hit the #1 pick on my first try! I took a picture and will not use the machine again till next year!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            It would also be fun to see what AD and other NCAA prospects would have done in senior professional competition.
                            That would have been fun. Closest thing will be the Summer Olypmics in four years.

Comment

Toinsy wrote: View Post
                              I played the ESPN Draft Machine and Raps hit the #1 pick on my first try! I took a picture and will not use the machine again till next year!
                              show us!

Comment

Working...
                              X